Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

1584902191
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do you have the Shaped Script installed? It might be necessary in order to decrement a sheet value.
@keithcurtis - I am literally brand new to Roll20. All I did when I created the game was set the character sheet dropdown to "Shaped" for which character sheet I wanted to use. Does this not set everything we need? Thanks in advance! :)
1584905136

Edited 1584905261
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a companion script that provides a tone of extra functionality that is available only with the API. Since you are a Pro user, you can add this on your API page. It used to be that a manual install was suggested. However since the sheet and script are now in development limbo, I believe both One-Click and Manual installs are in parity. Kryx might be able to provide more info. He is the genius creator of the sheet and still occasional checks out this thread. The first page of this thread has a lot of info and links to help guide you into the Sheet's many features. The Script is documented here .
keithcurtis said: There is a companion script that provides a tone of extra functionality that is available only with the API. Since you are a Pro user, you can add this on your API page. It used to be that a manual install was suggested. However since the sheet and script are now in development limbo, I believe both One-Click and Manual installs are in parity. Kryx might be able to provide more info. He is the genius creator of the sheet and still occasional checks out this thread. The first page of this thread has a lot of info and links to help guide you into the Sheet's many features. The Script is documented here . Thanks very much! I'll dive in and see how much trouble I can get myself into ;)
1584906349
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You might want to consider using the official 5e sheet. It'll work with every module and be supported into the future.
1584906703

Edited 1584906735
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I love and vastly prefer the Shaped Sheet, but pragmatically, I agree with Kryx's endorsement. You're asking for less trouble in the long run. I switched last year for this exact reason. Many thanks again to Kryx for the love and care he expended on it.
1584912600
keithcurtis said: I love and vastly prefer the Shaped Sheet, but pragmatically, I agree with Kryx's endorsement. You're asking for less trouble in the long run. I switched last year for this exact reason. Many thanks again to Kryx for the love and care he expended on it. I named a mind flayer villain after Kryx. We still use the shaped sheet and will continue to do so with the rest of the campaign but we are in the last tier.
Indeed, thanks Kryx for all of that time and effort you put into the sheet. It will not be forgotten buddy. 
Kryx said: You might want to consider using the official 5e sheet. It'll work with every module and be supported into the future. I may end up doing that, but that sheet is vastly inferior in features in my opinion. I started with it, got extremely frustrated, and switched to yours (which I find much more feature-rich). I appreciate the fact that you've ended development on the sheet though, and also appreciate your time.
1584936899
The OGL sheet out of the box is quite inferior, but with the advancement of APIs and add-ons there has be gap bridge. I loved Shaped sheet but it was very rich and would cause some lag especially when loading it for the first time. I have bridged the gap by using DnD Beyond sheet and Beyond 20 Add-on. It is pretty much like using the shaped sheet and then you only have to use Roll20 sheet for a token place holder. You can use the OGL sheet for NPCs but with Beyond 20 you can also roll monsters. I love it.