Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Suggestion for those making maps and other resources for the market place

Hello Creative Artists! I purchase a LOT of map and token creations from the market place and I would like to let you know how I would purchase even more - possibly from you! When you create town pieces, dungeon pieces, or any kind of resource, would you be so kind as to make a sample of a compete version of all of your pieces put together? Let me get you in on a secret.  Many people who GM or DM on this forum are not not like me - but I suspect that most are.  We are LAZY. Actually we are not.  It is just that It already takes A LOT of time to create worlds and story lines to piece together a campaign.  The last thing I want to do is buy a bunch of map pieces and see if they indeed fit together nicely and if so how it looks.  If you put together an already put together map of your dungeon or cave or whatnot - I WILL LIKELY BUY IT! My  current wish list that I will buy if someone will do a good job making: Fey tokens including a few "fairy tale" like additions and possibly a few really horror looking hag tokens A flooded castle A flooded cave system Maps of the above ground area that could be used for different environments of the Abyss, Hell, and other lower planes. Thank you for your consideration!
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I usually tend to do that with my map tiles, i add 2 maps done with the tiles so people can see how some pieces are used. But I do pixel style packs so its hard to mix with the regular stuff :P There are usually 3 kind of sets for maps.  1- Pack with the assets to make your own maps 2- Pack with modular parts (like rooms in a dungeon) for faster map building but less control on making unique rooms 3- Pack with Maps (for when you are really lazy and dont want to think on the layout of your dungeon :P) In my case I tend to do 1 for fantasy (with 2 maps ready to use) and 2 for Sci-fi spaceships (Also with some spaceships done and with a few tools to make your room, but not that many props).
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I have thought about bringing over my MacGuffin Packs to Roll20, but with the relatively low sale volume of other similar stuff of mine and Roll20's price floor I haven't felt there was enough just yet to justify effort and the price tag.