Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e OGL Macro for Attack ( with global attack modifier from character sheet )

So, I want to make a custom attack macro.  Running into a snag trying to figure out how to only apply the 1d4[Bless] from @{global_attack_mod_field} to the attack roll - only - when the @{global_attack_mod} checkbox is checked.   Apparently the checkbox attribute is not returning a 1 or 0 like I assumed it would. The reason I'm making a custom macro, is I need more for the damage, as I want it to roll the full damage twice, for savage attacker.  I do not want to just do [[{1d8, 1d8}kh1]] for slashing and [[{1d6, 1d6}kh1]] for cold -- because that's more optimal than intended.   I can't combine them on the same line because the damage types are different. Any advice?

Edited 1525988147
Also can you put two templates in one ability macro? Do the 5e OGL templates allow for not auto-rolling the damage, and instead allow click-to-roll damage after you know the attack roll hit? (like when using the attacks on the character sheet)
I've been trying to find this out for a few weeks now and have come to the conclusion that global modifier fields cant be used in macros. If they can be, it has to be done through API. You can't put multiple templates in one macro, nor can you call to another macro that has a template in it... as far as I can tell. You can't do click to roll in macros. I don't think you can even do this through API scripting.
I ended up working out a macro that adds rage damage ( or not ) depending on if a resource tracker is set to zero or 1.  That removed the need for some other attacks I had been using previously.   So now I have 1 macro bar button for the attack.  I have set the ogl sheet to auto-roll the damage so that gives me the first attack.  I then created a duplicate attack but unchecked the attack roll box, and put ---Savage Attacker--- in the Decsription, which rolls the 2nd damage roll.   It's not perfect, but the buttons are right next to each other at least, and now rage is automated, thanks to the wonderful posters in the this forum that shared!