[Stars Without Number: Revised Edition] Sheet version v2.0.0

Edited 1526204170
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Based on the existing SWN:Revised sheet v1.6.2 by  Karlinator , we have developed a new, more aesthetically pleasing (in some eyes) version with new custom roll templates and a more compact sheet (shoutout: UI and roll template design by  Panzer ). Change log v2.0.0 Complete sheet HTML/CSS has been re-done for a more compact look Edit/Display mode toggle at the top of the sheet Roll template overhauled Many attributes were renamed or otherwise reorganised (seamless conversion) Chat menus for easy access to all sheet macros Ship sheet now has tracking for power/mass/hardpoints, as well as weapon attacks NPC sheet now has repeating sections for attacks and special abilities Added i18n support Source Code/Testing The code is available on  Github , though it is still in a beta stage until release. We are planning to submit it to Roll20 for next week if everything works out; there should not be too many bugs left over. Nonetheless, I'm of course happy to receive more bug reports, in particular about conversion bugs from v1.6.2, if someone wants to do some more testing. A live test game is available under this  Join link .
Natha
Roll20 Production Team
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice. Thanks!
With all do respect, why was it considered a good idea to remove the roll macros from the sheets and make it into something you have to click to put into chat and then click again. So we now have to do another unnecessary click. Also I am extremely salty that I lost all the stuff I had in my myriad of NPC sheets.

Edited 1526541859
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James said: With all do respect, why was it considered a good idea to remove the roll macros from the sheets and make it into something you have to click to put into chat and then click again. So we now have to do another unnecessary click.  All macros on the sheet still exist, though they may have changed name. The chat macros are just an extra option you can use. Also I am extremely salty that I lost all the stuff I had in my myriad of NPC sheets. All NPCs should be converted upon opening, but unfortunately there seems to be an uncaught bug about converting NPC sheets. I'm very sorry about this! (This particular bug only occurs for NPC sheets, not PC sheets). Good news is: all your data is still there. Once the fix is in, all NPCs sheet will convert when you open them. Bad news: it might be up to a week until you  anyone who is not pro can get access to it. I've paged the roll20 devs if they can get a bugfix live before next week. We'll see. EDIT: In fact, as a pro subscriber, you (and anyone else affected who is also Pro) could grab the fixed code (HTML, CSS, translation.json) from  Github right now.
Thanks for the reply Jakob, I suppose with all new roll-outs there are bound to be unforeseen problems. I will say that the new sheets do look a lot more aesthetically pleasing and more cleanly laid out. Looking forward to the fix rolling out.

Edited 1526541458
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The fix is now live! v2.0.1 Fixed a bug preventing successful conversion of NPC sheets. Fixed a bug that prevented extra effort from taking effect.
Hello! Amazing job, love the quick menus and the new glorious ship sheet! But i am having issues with the NPC sheet, its only using the weapon profile when attacking instead of adding the creatures natural AB, not sure where i should be leaving this info so i will dump it here. :p

Edited 1526561960
Thanks for the feedback. Already fixed thanks to Jakob.
Hey, newbie here with the charsheet/template. I noticed that almost all, if not all my ships template, that were taken over from the previous sheets had their weapon quick menu showing in chat with no weapons.  It was a quick fix by simply adjusting a value in each of the ship's weapon table (power/mass) and that made the weapons appear in the weapon quick menu. Let me know if I am asking these questions in the wrong place. I nNoticed that these templates works very well and I started fiddling with them.   I noticed that using ^{test} will result in [test in red text], which is nice, and that begs the question, is there a place where I can find more text formatting options for these specific template. Also trying to make some of my macros use the save-failure template (ie. Macro for Torching / SpikeDrillMishap / ShipCrisis).. not sure I can. These sheets have been amazing so far,  thanks for all the hard work ! :)
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback! The best place to put specific issues is probably the  issue tracker , but here works fine as well. I've forced a recalculation of the ship macro in the update now. About the templates: the [red text in brackets] is actually missing translations, which works somewhat by accident! This is not template-specific, this is actually given by Roll20 (we cannot add our own formatting options in this way). Also trying to make some of my macros use the save-failure template (ie. Macro for Torching / SpikeDrillMishap / ShipCrisis).. not sure I can. If you want to use the save template, there's two options, one for save (roll over or equal), one for morale (roll under or equal). In any case, you need to supply two things to the roll template, either &{template:swn-save} {{charname=whatever}} {{title=whatever}} {{save=[[15]]}} {{dice=[[d20]]}} or &{template:swn-save} {{charname=whatever}} {{title=whatever}} {{morale=[[15]]}} {{dice=[[d20]]}} depending on which variant you want. The constant property here is the threshold, the dice property contains the dice roll you're comparing against.
Thanks Jakob,  the save and morale save is helping me a lot for my macros. Also thanks for letting me know that I can use *text* to italicize and **text** to embolden text formatting :) 
Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it?
Jimmy said: Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it? Looks like the roll template assumes you have chat avatars turned on. If you re-enable chat avatars (under the Gear icon in the right-hand pane), the templates should work. Jakob will probably be able to fix that up soon, I would imagine.
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Jimmy said: Loving the new look and the graphics in chat, however some of my group is having an issue with the graphics being cut off at the left extending the chat doesn't help not sure how to fix it? Looks like the roll template assumes you have chat avatars turned on. If you re-enable chat avatars (under the Gear icon in the right-hand pane), the templates should work. Jakob will probably be able to fix that up soon, I would imagine. I didn't even know that this was possible to fix! Thanks Rabulias, I looked into this, and there's a (totally undocumented) method which can be used to get the templates to display correctly in either setup. I'll implement it for the next major version.

Edited 1526778077
Edit: Saw other posts. Guess yall know about it.  Bug in sheet makes it look ok for some of us and some, like myself, see things off in the chat. Seems the ".sheet-rolltemplate-swn-default, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-attack, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-skill, .sheet-rolltemplate-swn-save" margin of -41px does this on my machine. It is a samsung galaxy 10.6 book, windows10, chrome. If others in my game edit this CSS their items look bad. For me it cuts out the first bit of text on the left side of the whole thing.  Thoughts? img: 

Edited 1526792467
I could really use some help with the roll templates.  I'm not super proficient with this stuff. Can anyone give me some advice on updating my ship battle macros?  It would be greatly appreciated! My API buttons are overflowing out of the roll template.  I was just curious if there was something I could add to make it all contained inside the template.  I have images in each macro as well, but as you can see below, they are cut off by the template. I don't mind just taking the images out if there is no way to fix them, but any help would be appreciated!  Thanks! &{template:swn-default} {{charname=Bridge Actions}} {{title=(https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg)}} {{ =**Current CP** = @{selected|command_points} **Bridge** [Escape Combat -4](!#bridge-escape-combat) [Evasive Maneuvers -2](!#bridge-evasive-maneuvers) [Pursue Target -3](!#bridge-pursue-target) **General** [Above and Beyond](!#ship-above-and-beyond) [Deal With Crisis](!#ship-deal-with-crisis) [Do Your Duty +1](!#ship-do-your-duty)}} **Bridge** [Escape Combat -4](!#bridge-escape-combat) [Evasive Maneuvers -2](!#bridge-evasive-maneuvers) [Pursue Target -3](!#bridge-pursue-target) **General** [Above and Beyond](!#ship-above-and-beyond) [Deal With Crisis](!#ship-deal-with-crisis) [Do Your Duty +1](!#ship-do-your-duty)}}
I have a question and a bug to report. Question: Can I roll individual attacks with a single click from the character sheet, or only from the quick menus in chat? Bug: Quick menu macros seem not to be able to find the appropriate character sheet if the character's name has quotation marks in it.  Not a huge deal at all, but I figured I'd make y'all aware. A character in my campaign had his name set as Richard "Nervous Ricky" Hawkins, and his quick macros wouldn't work.  I took the quotes out and it worked fine.
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thomas H. said: Thoughts? As Rabulias said, you need to re-enable chat avatars. In the next future version, it will work with chat avatars turned off, but for now they need to be turned on.

Edited 1526799343
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Charlie: try &{template:swn-default} {{charname=Bridge Actions}} {{title=(https://i.imgur.com/QZMjYuR.jpg)}} {{desc=(enter your macros here)}}

Edited 1526798632
Jakob
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Charlie Chopshop said: I have a question and a bug to report. Question: Can I roll individual attacks with a single click from the character sheet, or only from the quick menus in chat? Bug: Quick menu macros seem not to be able to find the appropriate character sheet if the character's name has quotation marks in it.  Not a huge deal at all, but I figured I'd make y'all aware. A character in my campaign had his name set as Richard "Nervous Ricky" Hawkins, and his quick macros wouldn't work.  I took the quotes out and it worked fine. Of course you can roll individual attacks, just click on them outside edit mode. About the quick macro, we won't be able to fix that. You can probably use some Unicode typographic quotes (e.g ”) to still have quotes in the name. Roll20 doesn't have a good way to escape a character name for whispering, the best the sheet can do is wrap the name in quotes, which naturally doesn't work well if the name itself contains quotes.