Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Bug Reporting Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We have added a quick link to the Mordenkainen's front page that will get you straight to a monsters list by CR
It would've been nice to know beforehand how many actual text tokens there are since that is a pretty big issue for me and I fail to see how commissioning artwork like was done for the artless tokens in the monster manual is impossible to do.  The Red Abishai has one of it's actions listed in the bio but not added to the statblock, this might happen with others but I'm not sure.

Edited 1530031336
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
From the FAQ in the first post: Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the product itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. For the Monster Manual (and modules), we are able to commission art of Non WOTC creatures (Sled dog, Stegosarus, etc). As Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes is a majority of licensed D&D content, we cannot commission those creatures and are only able to add in what is included in the book. If WOTC has not published an official image of a creature in the Fifth Edition ruleset, we have no ability to add it in as a piece of art.  Thank you for the report on the Red Abishai, I'll go check that out now EDIT: Red Abishai should now have it's Bite attack
Trivia said: We have added a quick link to the Mordenkainen's front page that will get you straight to a monsters list by CR Would it also be possible to include this list with the other lists? (In the Compendium at the lists parts)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It's currently linked under the Bestiary section on this URL -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%27s%20Tome%20of%20Foes#h-Mordenkainen%27s%20Tome%20of%20Foes" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Mordenkainen%27s%20Tome%20of%20Foes#h-Mordenkainen%27s%20Tome%20of%20Foes</a> Is that what you mean?
In fact I was thinking here. In the Lists section of the compendium. Inside the game.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ah, thank you! As it is a link to a search, not a page with a type, I am unable to do so. However, you can add the same filter to your in-app search by clicking on "Monsters" then "Apply Filters" and choosing the CR.&nbsp; The necessity for "List" pages came before we updated the search ability on Roll20, so now you can be much more granular with your searches in app! :)
thanks!
Question has the monsters have no spells when they get dragged out been fixed yet. Or I am using the wrong character sheet by mistake?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Monster tokens currently do not populate with their spells, there will be a big update when that's possible :)
HI when is the data of &nbsp; Mordenkainen's Tome going to be included in the Charactermancer. &nbsp;I bought the Tome but for example the extra sorcerer origins do not appear whilst creating a character... really frustrating as the Tome is expensive. &nbsp;I would like a date for this please. Thanks Matt
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Matt - Are you referring to the Sorcerer options in Xanathar's? That book has not been released on Roll20 yet.&nbsp; As far as other book options (including Volo's etc) being added to the Charactermancer, that is on our development forecast, but we do not currently have a date for those releases. We'll make sure to have a big announcement when they're available!

Edited 1532367112
Hi I haven't bought Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes [MToF] jet, but I have some questions about it, because I am considering buying it and this seemed like the most&nbsp; appropriate place to ask. What I noticed when comparing the roll20 version to other places I noticed some indescrepencies. The main one and most pressing one is, that Roll20 version includes over 230 new monsters, where as D&amp;D beyonds version only includes 116 monsters (<a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/twitch-login?returnUrl=%2fmarketplace%2fsource%2f33" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/twitch-login?returnUrl=%2fmarketplace%2fsource%2f33</a> ). My question would be, if you knew where those 114 extra monsters came from on Roll20? Is D&amp;D beyond keeping back 114 monsters from buyers, or are&nbsp; multiple different D&amp;D&nbsp; supplement books just compressed under one title on Roll20? Thanks The_Moth
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We have created all possible cultists from the templates provided in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, which is where all those extras come from. Cultists for every Demon or Devil Lord, as well as bandits, pirate captains, or anything else listed in the book. So in short: 116 Unique Statblocks, 114 bonus statblocks created from templates, so you never have to create a cultist again (unless you want to!)
Oh That makes alot more sense then my (crazy?) theories. BTW Thank you for the swift reply Trivia. The_Moth
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
While we were reading the book and came upon the possible cultist lists, we knew what we had to do ;) Hope you enjoy!

Edited 1537325969
Another issue. All Monsters from Mordenkainen have speed as the max valule in their bar rather then NPC speed being the value itself.&nbsp; Edit: &nbsp;Also question is there an ETA on when the Monsters from the book will have their spells.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Envyus - I am not sure what you mean by NPC speed value, can you give me an example please?
Whenever I bring a Modenkainen's token in it has speed as the bar max value giving all tokens an empty bar rather then speed as the attribute. While this can be fixed by me editing it. It happens every time I bring a token out.&nbsp;
Hi Envyus, What is the name of the game you are experiencing this issue in? Does this occur in a new game as well?
Hay Ive noticed that the races and subraces don't show up on the&nbsp;charactermancer? Is this an issue with all buyable content or just this book? I find them in the rules and stuff but not when making a char.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Devon - Currently the Players Handbook is the only supplement supported by the Charactermancer for 5th Edition. While I cannot give a precise date, the team is looking forward to making all 5E Rulebooks work with the Charactermancer. There will be an announcement when this is available for sure :)

Edited 1538006514
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Devon! Thanks for the question. The Charactermancer currently only supports the PHB for player options, but it is absolutely the intent to make player options from other supplements (like Volo's and Mordenkainen's) available in the future. Edit to add: In the meantime, the workaround is to input those options manually using the Custom race/subrace options. It's not ideal, and we look forward to adding the other licensed options when we can. Devon R. said: Hay Ive noticed that the races and subraces don't show up on the&nbsp;charactermancer? Is this an issue with all buyable content or just this book? I find them in the rules and stuff but not when making a char.
Ok thanks for the quick reply!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Ryan &nbsp;said: Hi, I noticed a while back (weeks? months?) that my Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes supplement compendium displays monsters twice in search results. This does not happen for the Monster Manual, Volo's, or Tome of Beasts. TOF is the only supplement that doubles in this way. Note: Not&nbsp; everything &nbsp;in TOF doubles. Lore, Subraces, and Rolltables all display just once. This issue is only with monsters. Edit: I wasn't sure if this belonged in this forum or in&nbsp; Bug Reports &amp; Technical Issues . This forum's description mentioned bugs related to the compendium, so it seemed more appropriate here.&nbsp;
Hi Ryan, Are there any search terms in particular that bring up the duplication you are seeing?
So far: "duergar" "drow" "ogre" In testing these queries, I just discovered for Ogre, "Half-Ogre" shows up twice from the Monster Manual, but not a regular "Ogre." So the issue isn't just &nbsp;MTOF. It just seems to be consistent across all &nbsp;of MTOF, and (so far) intermittently with the MM. Including a screenshot because this instance is pretty odd.&nbsp;

Edited 1538161219
Okay. It gets stranger. Searching "giant" gives me lots of duplication of the MM. Searching "demon" gives me lots of duplication of the Tome of Beasts. But this duplication is... Not exact duplicates. Notice Demon Lord, Akyshigal , and Demon Lord, Akyshigal: Akyshigal Since these appeared to be different, I opened each. You see that one uses the art as its portrait, the other uses its token. So these aren't exact duplicates, technically. I'm sure the searches are async, but still, cleaning this up seems like it should improve performance and reduce clutter.
Thank you for that information! I am seeing this behavior on my end as well. I have submitted a ticket to the devs so they can investigate further.
Hi, The Star Spawn Mangler is missing the Recharge 4-6 note on its "Flurry of Claws" ability. Flurry of Claws. The mangler makes six claw attacks against one target. Either before or after these attacks, it can move up to its speed as a bonus action without provoking opportunity attacks. It should say: Flurry of Claws (Recharge 4-6). The mangler makes six claw attacks against one target. Either before or after these attacks, it can move up to its speed as a bonus action without provoking opportunity attacks. This is quite important because if it can do it every turn, it's going to murder the party before anyone gets a chance. I ran one of these last night and wondered why it was so brutal, then checked the book. In the book it has a recharge. Can you please update it? Thanks
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Sikosh - Updated!