Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attributes and Abilities shuffling around randomly

Edited 1527320638
Hi! I started a few days ago with Roll20 and encountered a not serious, but increasingly annoying bug. The same thing that was described [Here]( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/206219/attributes-shuffling-around-randomly" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/206219/attributes-shuffling-around-randomly</a> ) is still bugging my character Attributes and Abilities page even though it was said to have been fixed. To reiterate: Abilities and Attributes randomly shuffle from time to time and this makes it increasingly difficult to keep track of certain stats because it always in a different location. Trying to "Edit -&gt; Save" regularly changes nothing. Only changing a few things, then saving through edit and reloading the game/page doesnt change either. Creating a completely new charcter sheet and manually copying every attribute and ability in the right order, without changing the location of any of them still results in randomly shuffled abilities and attributes. I really dont know what else to do and hope that i can be fixed for real. Thanks :)
Hi Basti, I have included a template below which should help get most of the questions we will ask out of the way. In addition I have a few more questions: Does this happen in any game, or just one? What if you create a new game? Is this with any character sheet in particular? If so what one? Detailed description of the problem Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Description of setup Browser + Version Browser Addons/Extensions Operating System Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Supplemental Information Including screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post can provide a great deal of information! The more information you can provide, the better able a fix will be reached. Thank you!

Edited 1527785809
Drespar said: Hi Basti, I have included a template below which should help get most of the questions we will ask out of the way. In addition I have a few more questions: Does this happen in any game, or just one? What if you create a new game? Is this with any character sheet in particular? If so what one? I misspoke, i didnt mean a character sheet, but a character that can be created in the Journal. Detailed description of the problem A: When creating and moving and altering abilities or attributes in the Attributes and Abilities tab, they sometimes randomly reorder or dont keep the changes made. E.g. i notice a writing mistake, fix that writing mistake, close the editing of the ability, hit "edit" on the top right, click "save" and when i try the ability again sometimes the changes arent there and it still shows the erroneous ability. Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem A: I couldnt reproduce it since it happened. So far it happened 3 times in a timeframe of two days, but not again since i wrote this topic. Description of setup Browser + Version Browser Addons/Extensions Operating System Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. A: Browser is supported and even a fresh install of chrome didnt change anything. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs.&nbsp; A: Since i couldn recreate it, this point is currently moot. Step 3: Clear your cache A: I did. If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Supplemental Information Including screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post can provide a great deal of information! The more information you can provide, the better able a fix will be reached. Thank you! I hope this helps. But now i encountered a similar but different problem. I read more about macros, buttons and drop down list and such and implemented them in the last 8h in all my macros, an hour ago they worked fine. Now that i updated "all" my ability macros every single ability is broken, even if it only includes a single line of text, it posts broken pieces of some other random ability macros. I included two screenshots. The first just showing the cleared chatlog and the open ability macro im intending to use. The second shows the chatlog directly after using the ability macro. As you can see its a simple default template macro that should just list the numbers but instead spams the chat with tons of broken pieces of other macros. Update: I tried using ability macros from other characters, rejoined as player and used other ability macros and had one of my players try ability macros of any character and for everyone it shows these weird bloated broken pieces of macros. I created a completely new game and there everything works fine. I can even copy the ability macros over and they work 100%. I honestly hope you can help me, because me and my group put so much time into our game and the macros we wrote, that recreating everything would be too much :(
In regards to posting the "broken macros" typically this can result from a malformed line in the macro being interpreted wrong, or a similar issue caused by a roll template. It can typically be resolved by clearing the chat archive (note: not the chat log) which is located from the settings drop down before you launch the game. As for macros not working properly, occasionally a simple copy paste within the same game can resolve the issue.
Thanks, clearing the archived chatlog worked instantly, and as far as i can see everything is back in order :) Regarding the first issue, i still coudnt recreate what caused it, i hope it stays that way :/