Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Power Cards and Recursive Tables

Heyo all, I just wanted to see if it would be possible to use these two API scripts at the same time. Looking over the wiki for Power Cards it seems like you can call other API scripts via the --api_ tag. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to work, or if it can work at all. Thanks for the help!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There is probably a limit to how much they can work together.  Having PowerCards call RecursiveTable probably won't work as PowerCards will have already expanded all the inline rolls passed to it.  I don't know what the syntax for that would look like. Having RecursiveTable call PowerCards might work, depending on what you are wanting to do.  That would look like this: !rt !power --some|option [[3t[someTable]]] RecursiveTable will have expanded all inline rolls by the time PowerCards is called, which might prevent some of the functionality you want to use in PowerCards from being available.

Edited 1528905378
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Oops, misread the question. Ignore this post.
Gotcha thanks for that, helps me understand what is going on at the very least. :) Trying to Recursive Tables call PowerCards hasn't worked thus far, so I suppose it is back to the drawing board for now. Thank you!
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Let me take a look at recursive tables and see if there is a way to build support for it into PowerCards.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I should probably extract the recursive part into a separate library function.
Well thank you for that! Any help would be awesome. :)