Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Playing a jukebox track from a macro

Can someone please point me to the information on how to play a jukebox track using a macro?? I have seen several youtube videos where people mention setting up macros to automatically play sound effect tracks from the jukebox but I can't figure out how to do it. Cheers  :)
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello you'll need API script for that.. Check Roll20 audio master in the API subsection of the forum :)
Pantoufle said: Hello you'll need API script for that.. Check Roll20 audio master in the API subsection of the forum :) will do....cheers  :)
Ok...I added the API script to my account, but I'm buggered if I can figure out the command syntax to get it to work... Can anyone who is already using this API please post some macro examples here so I can get an idea of the syntax.... Cheerss
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
I don't use it but I would check the instructions on the roll20 am thread and take a look at  This thread from keith
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Pantoufle said: I don't use it but I would check the instructions on the roll20 am thread and take a look at  This thread from keith The version updated by Victor B. next week (hopefully) should make my macro entirely optional. But if you need a lot of soundboards for different purposes, or you need it right now, give it a shot. The simplest syntax to just play a sound would be: !roll20AM --play|Track Name or if you want to loop a background track: !roll20AM --play,loop|Track Name For best results, you might want to re-title the track to get rid of any odd or potentially troublesome characters if you are going to put it into a macro, such as apostrophes, quote marks or most importantly: brackets of any kind: { }, [ ], ( ). They can really screw up a macro. And of course, you can only play a track you have loaded to your local jukebox.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Basic syntax like above will work.  Anything more complicated is hit and miss.  I'm working on something that you'll be able to manage completely within game and not via macro, however, if macros are your thing, it will support native roll20AM commands.  
keithcurtis said: Pantoufle said: I don't use it but I would check the instructions on the roll20 am thread and take a look at  This thread from keith The version updated by Victor B. next week (hopefully) should make my macro entirely optional. But if you need a lot of soundboards for different purposes, or you need it right now, give it a shot. The simplest syntax to just play a sound would be: !roll20AM --play|Track Name or if you want to loop a background track: !roll20AM --play,loop|Track Name For best results, you might want to re-title the track to get rid of any odd or potentially troublesome characters if you are going to put it into a macro, such as apostrophes, quote marks or most importantly: brackets of any kind: { }, [ ], ( ). They can really screw up a macro. And of course, you can only play a track you have loaded to your local jukebox. Keith...you're a champ...thanks for that :)