Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] New Saving Throws

Edited 1529391878
I'm running a Pathfinder Ravenloft game and I need three adittional saves (fear, horror and madness) that basically are will saves but with separate modifiers. Is there a way to incorporate these saves in the character sheet right below the other regular saves?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
moved to character sheet forum for visibility
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Which sheet are you using Diego?  On the PF Community sheet you have access to the macro-text used for each saving throw.  You can easily edit the Will save macro to include the additional saves or include them within the save notes.
I`m using the community sheet, but I know next to nothing about macros and I`m having difficulty trying to do even the simplest of things.

Edited 1529433894
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No worries Diego.  The community sheet is a BEAST  with lots of customization available.  There are many hidden areas on the sheet, so first off, go to the settings page|Sheet Configuration|Advanced and check all three boxes to reveal some of these fields. Leave settings and go to the Defense page.  Just above the Saving throws section make sure the "Show More Fields" box is checked.  Under the Macro column, replace the macro for Will with &{template:pf_defense} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=^{willpower}}} {{^{save}=@{will-macro-text}}} @{toggle_save_notes} {{buff_note=@{buff_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{description=Fear:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]] Horror:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]] Madness:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]]}} If you look at the macro I just added {{description=Fear:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will} +99 ]] ]] Horror:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will} +99 ]] ]] Madness:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will} +99 ]] ]]}} to the end of the default macro.  Change "99" to whatever modifier or attribute you need.  Cheers 
Sorry, I can't seem to make it work. This is my current macro: &{template:pf_defense} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=^{all-saves}}} {{^{fortitude-save}=@{fort-macro-text}}} {{^{reflex-save}=@{ref-macro-text}}} {{^{willpower-save}=@{will-macro-text}}} @{toggle_save_notes} {{buff_note=@{buff_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} Would it be too much trouble if you could send me your version with the changes?

Edited 1529440315
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can copy/paste over your Will macro-text using the macro-text code I provided above (don't forget to edit "99" with whatever modifier and/or attribute you need to use for the additional saves).  Make sure you are completely pasting over the default macro-text.  Click into another field after you paste to ensure the attribute get's updated.
Still nothing. Am I doing it right? &{template:pf_defense} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=^{all-saves}}} {{^{fortitude-save}=@{fort-macro-text}}} {{^{reflex-save}=@{ref-macro-text}}} &{template:pf_defense} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_defense}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=^{willpower}}} {{^{save}=@{will-macro-text}}} @{toggle_save_notes} {{buff_note=@{buff_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{description=Fear:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]] Horror:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]] Madness:[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Will}+99 ]] ]]}} @{toggle_save_notes} {{buff_note=@{buff_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}} {{condition_note=@{condition_save_notes}}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It looks like you are leaving some of the default macro in and there is even a line break between your pasted code and the residual default code.  Try deleting all of the default macro, then paste the code in. There shouldn't be any line breaks either.
Got it! Thank you and sorry for taking your time.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No problem.