Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is it possible to bind macros to keyboard keys?

Title, basically. Can I bind macros to keys? That would probably be the biggest QOL improvement for me that I can think of at the moment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To some degree. The Aaron has a  bookmarklet that will map your token action row to  Alt-1 through Alt-0. More powerful but more involved is my method  here . My method requires you to have key-mapping abilities in your OS. Both of these methods use javascript bookmarklets. They should work on Chrome, but will not work on Firefox Quantum. I don't know about other browsers.

Edited 1529459874
keithcurtis said: To some degree. The Aaron has a  bookmarklet that will map your token action row to  Alt-1 through Alt-0. More powerful but more involved is my method  here . My method requires you to have key-mapping abilities in your OS. Both of these methods use javascript bookmarklets. They should work on Chrome, but will not work on Firefox Quantum. I don't know about other browsers. Thanks! While I didn't actually directly use any of these solutions (still using the javascript code), in my research on how to make them work, I eventually reached a Chrome extension called "Shortkeys". It allows me to bind the javascript code to a key and only have that shortcut work on certain websites (like roll20).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Very nice. I'll look into that. It might be worth adding to the Stupid Trick.