Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I honestly don't know if this question fits in this topic

But can someone make it to where my pfp doesn't look terrible in the game 
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
These forums exist to discuss the Roll20 platform exclusively, I'm sure people could give you some great hints and tips on how to integrate art into the VTT for the best effect but we'll need to know what problems you are facing. In what way does it look terrible? Is this as a token or an avatar?
The avatar? It looks all stretched out and pixely I tried shrinking it taking parts out nothing worked
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could we get some screen shots of it in game? Is the image in your library the same as the one added here or did you upload a different, potentially smaller (thumbnail even) version to the VTT?
When you drag the artwork onto the VTT, try holding Alt, then when it's there, right click on it, choose advanced and select isDrawing. I'm guessing your art is snapping to the grid causing it to stretch. Sounds like it's a matter of having not do that, or stretching it back to the correct proportions.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
that image is 512x455 pixels. I suggest opening it in a program like paint.net, and changing the canvas size (the background the image sits on) to 512x512, then make sure the background is transparent. For images being used as tokens, which take up a single square, it's a good idea to use square images as roll20 will stretch them to fit the square.

Edited 1529507435
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
G G said: that image is 512x455 pixels. I suggest opening it in a program like paint.net, and changing the canvas size (the background the image sits on) to 512x512, then make sure the background is transparent. For images being used as tokens, which take up a single square, it's a good idea to use square images as roll20 will stretch them to fit the square. Don't forget to center them also with align tools. This will let you trim off any excess around the actual image before you save it as a png and upload.