Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [5E][Homebrew] Looking for players to refresh a campaign, Fridays at 9pm-12am EST (possibly start an hour or two later if it fits better)

Edited 1529487332
Igni
Plus
As the title states, I'm looking for more players to refresh a campaign that i had to put on hold a month and a half back. We're planning on starting off where we left off, but are entering a new zone, so it's a soft reset. We're currently looking for about 2-3 more. I've been DMing for about a year so still much to learn. We're most likely starting at 11pm right now. The world geography is loosely based off the real worlds, but mostly homebrew and i only have two continents made. We're starting off in an island that's split into three sections. The middle portion is where we're starting off from and is loosely based off Ancient Egypt. More story details will be given to players. I've also created what is essentially mainland Europe some distance from the island, but players may create characters that began there as well. Depending on where you create your character, different races and backgrounds are available. I've written backstories for all the available races in this game, so it's a large factor to consider when making your PC.  Dm style. I like to homebrew a lot of concepts and items, as the entire world is created from scratch. I do however, mostly follow the rules as written and most of the time, abide by them. This does not eliminate rule of cool however, but it will only be allowed sparingly. I run games that are both serious and jovial at the same time, emphasizing story themes but also remaining positive. Please play well with others, as everyone is expected to respect each other. We lean heavily on RP, with only about 20% being combat. The combat is however, on the more difficult side (don't expect to one shot things), but power gaming a combat only character will not work, as I ask for quite a lot of skill checks. As for challenges outside of combat, I include puzzles and often times social encounters as a replacement for combat, it's very possible to charisma check your way out of half the combat in a dungeon. Story theme. This is a homebrew D&D world so most of the lore isn't drawn from canon. Centuries ago, elementals sought to claim the land of Ashgard for their own, launching a planar raid on the cities of the northern peninsula. Through a united effort, the newly settled humans along with the stalwart dwarves and elusive elves were able to ward off their invasion. Recently however, the tensions of war from the mainland has spilled over to the island and a mysterious cult has been spotted. Their plan to reignite their invasion has begun and a group of heroes must rise to the challenge.
I'm interested but could you tell me the level of the party before I give a definitive answer?
we're currently at 7th level and planning on making this a long running campaign. Usually each tier takes about 30-40 sessions.
I have a few more questions. 1. How many total players do you have or are hoping to have? 2. Also what is the party situation class wise? I generally like to play a different class then other party members. Is it in need of a certain archetype, like healing, tanking, or a face?
I'll update this for now and say we're currently at 6 people so we've filled. Thanks for all the interest!