Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D 5e] Start of a long-term campaign, homebrew setting! WEEKLY- Wed @ 8PST [sliding scale P2P]

Edited 1529511791
Link to LFG page for "FORGOTTEN STORMS" The Campaign!- Forgotten Storms is a rules-light, story-centric sandbox campaign. It is set in the complex and only slightly a-typical homebrew setting of A'ppo Nyi- The Wayward Lands. The basics of the setting are described below. We are using a standard 5e ruleset, with 2 or 3 houserules added to make the experience a bit more welcoming to newer players. The setting & group of mid-aged adults is absolutely newbie-friendly, provided you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and roleplay! The Setting!- Your adventure starts on a continent of nations that have long sequestered themselves from each other, each with a diverse cultural, and political theme. Not a great deal is known about the other nations beyond your own, beyond the basics of some trade routes, and rumors. Part of your journey is learning about these nations and the world as you go, as you will find, your own story will most certainly shape the world around you as the game evolves. Playtime!- Weekly, Wednesday Nights @ 8pm Pacific Time Zone. Sessions last 3-4 hrs w/ a short restroom break in the middle. There is no set end-date, beyond what story, & schedules dictate. Games will be run in roll20, using discord for voice. Your Character!- Will start at lvl 4. No race/class restrictions. Your backstory is up to you, provided you leave blank the specific locations. The DM will fit your backstory into a nation/culture that makes the most sense specifically for you! The DM will also be weaving YOUR story into the greater narrative of the game and world. This is an immensely personalized game, intended for each player to get their share of spotlight and intrigue! Who Is A Good Fit For This Group?- Players who prefer not to get weighed down in mechanics, or who are still learning the eccentricities of the game. Players who would absolutely enjoy chatting up all the NPC's just because, in between all the action. Players who are comfortable with rules being mildly bent or adjusted in the moment, based on the story needs. Players who are patient with mistakes and natural ones! Players who care more about WHY a baddie is doing a thing than just smashing said baddie. (While still smashing said baddie!) Players who play well with others and who enjoy sharing the stage, and experiencing others' stories as much as exploring their own. & last but not at all least- Players who are comfortable with and enjoy playing with a diverse group of real people. About The DM!- Hi there! Name's September. I'll be your story-pilot for this evening. Buckle up! We're in for a fun-filled ride! Seriously though- I am a 40-something creative writer, critter, & avid roleplay enthusiast. My DM experience began a bit unconventionally, as I gleaned most of my chops running persistent story arcs for large groups of players (30-100) in a multitude of MMORPGs over the course of ~15 yrs. I am relatively new to tabletop but am LOVING it, as it enables a much more personal sort of story and attention to detail. Oh, & I am also an artist & amateur graphic designer. All your home-drawn maps are belong to me. :) Why Paid?- A girl's gotta caffeinate! In short, this campaign started at the generous behest of its tipping players, and as I am currently between jobs, the extra funds to support my creative endeavors...makes the playing and planning of such a detailed personal story financially feasible for a good long run. It also helps cover my costs for reference materials, and my time making game-art! If you are not comfortable tipping me for my effort and time, though, no worries! Plenty of free fish out there in the sea, I wish you the best!  But if you are willing & able, I promise you, I do my best to make every session worth every penny. And I never ask for a tip for our first session. Roleplay is personal, and I strongly believe it is essential to ensure we are a good fit for each other before committing to a regular game. Rates/Disclaimer- This game encourages tipping the Game Master at a rate of [$3 to $21 per session via Ko-Fi. Players are encouraged to tip what they can afford at the end of each session, within this sliding scale. The first 'getting to know you' 1-1 session is always free.]. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Application Process- Please PM me your answers to the following! Once I have your answers, I will contact you to set up a preliminary free "session zero," to complete the interview process and see if we'll work out handy-dandy! First Name? Age? How long have you been roleplaying? What race/class would you like to play? What is a quickie-version of your character backstory? What is the ideal balance of roleplay to combat for you in an average session? Can you afford to commit to a long term, weekly game on the aforementioned sliding tip scale? What is your favorite color? What, in brief!, is the coolest RP scene you ever participated in/watched? Here's to an awesome group/game! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "No one knows, oho! What set these lands a-wandering! No one alive- a-hai! Was there to see the sundering! But what-a sundering, OHO! All our lands wandering, A-HAI!" -popular folk-tune throughout the Wayward Lands.
Been a member of this campaign for numerous sessions, and September is a fantastic DM.  The amount of effort and detail she puts into each of the weekly sessions is pretty mind-bending.  In any case, if you are big into RP, story and lore, this is a fantastic campaign to join.  It also allows a great blend of gravitas and whimsey, with a lot of creative freedom.  On top of that, the world building is top-notch... I've never experienced the feeling of "laying down the tracks in front of a moving train", which is great.  There's a lot of unique lore, and descriptive detail, that really makes this world feel alive and real.  I think anyone who is a fan of good narration, but also wants the freedom to make their own experiences in the world, would do well joining this campaign!

Edited 1529621759
Thank you Kevin! <3! I'm very much enjoying my time running it too. A good DM is only as good as her top-notch players! To that end- We are currently interviewing/screening a couple potential players, but there's still room for one more!

Edited 1529622685
Looking for a group that uses accents ( and embraces them even when horribly done, in my case )? Looking for a vibrant, well built world with plot hooks that'll rip your gills out? Looking for a group that likes to laugh, ooh, and ahh every session ( don't forget the swears )? Ever watch Critical Role and wonder how you're going to get a strand of Matt Mercer's hair and clone him so he will read you bedtime stories ( I mean, no... neither have I... )? I've been a part of this campaign since the beginning and it is always the highlight of my week.  I love the creative freedom to talk to any NPC I want.  I enjoy the way that September focuses on roleplaying, even ( *especially ) in combat.  I always enjoy hearing what my rolls MEAN , what my spells LOOK like, etc.  September provides an insanely immersive world that will leave you thinking about it even when you're not playing in it.  So, if you think you'd fit in well with a foul-mouthed, tackle-you-now-laugh-at-you-later dwarf barbarian and a graceful, unshakeable, aerial silks performing dwarf bard (OOPS SPOILERS) then shoot our incredible DM a message and come join our fun lovin' crew.

Edited 1529802648
OMG you guys! <3 Also- WOW! Ok- I am now processing too many applications. If you are still intrigued and might like to be considered for a future such sliding scale P2P game in this world, I would still welcome a PM, and I will happily keep you apprised should I start an additional group in the near future. However, I think I'm gonna need to cap the flow for THIS particular group and campaign. My deepest thanks to all of you who have applied! I will of course, continue to respond to all messages. ;)