Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PFRPG CreatureGen script has suddenly broken after months of work

Edited 1530187746
I have been using the CreatureGen script with the API fix on it for ten months of gaming without any trouble at all, all the way through last week. Upon trying to generate tokens this morning, without any edits on my end to the script or any new API script additions, it began parsing the macros in odd ways and generating things like Attacks called "ATK_Speed 30 ft. sap" and turning a monster with SLA's attacks prompt into "Speed-30-ft.-Melee-Rapier-+5-(1d4+3/18-20)-SLA", which is just garbled nonsense when I try to use it. This is happening with both SRD content copied directly over and statblocks from my hand-typed template that works all the same. I know the script is long abandoned and probably not going to be given another revision, but the script's ease of use is a big part of making the game fit into my schedule, so I'm wondering if anyone has run into this error and figured out a way around it, or if there is some recent Roll20 update that may have broken it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The issue is with insertion of HTML into the text when you paste in the new editor. I ran into the same issue with another script.

Edited 1530192564
Is there any workaround for the text entry or way to revert back to the old editor, or am I crap out of luck for the moment?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm afraid we're "crap out of luck" for the moment.
Damn, alright. Thanks dude.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could make an API script that just writes the GMnotes from a constant variable in the API, and copy-paste your statblock into that API variable instead ... not ideal, but it should work.

Edited 1530200392
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You might also enjoy my PFCompanion script (assuming you're using the community sheet, aka neceros) as an alternative. Shouldn't have any issues with the new editor. It handles text statblocks instead of needing structured data. EDIT: Aaron has corrected me on one point via hangouts message. The import via gm notes may (likely will) break for PFCompanion as well, but PFCompanion also allows importing directly via chat message which isn't affected by the editor change.

Edited 1530201891
Oh hey, perfect. Your script came out like just after my game started so I'd had no idea it was a thing, but the text parsing is working perfectly and you just saved my session tonight with this script, which is already looking a bit sharper than CG was. Thanks a ton, man.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here's a ticket you can add your voice to:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6531971/text-in-gm-notes-on-token-has-new-extra-formatting-that-causes-api-not-to-work" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6531971/text-in-gm-notes-on-token-has-new-extra-formatting-that-causes-api-not-to-work</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad you like it Mothman. Let me know if you run into any issues.