Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v 2.3

Edited 1530905096
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kyle G.  said: Jeffrey H.  said: Why can we not add more than 2 damage fields to one weapon? I'm not really sure of a common scenario when you would need 3 different damage types on a single weapon. However, that is one of the purposes of the Global Damage Modifier fields; to be able to add additional damage types to weapons. A paladin with a flametongue sword would need slashing, fire and radiant. It's not that uncommon.
keithcurtis said: Kyle G.  said: Jeffrey H.  said: Why can we not add more than 2 damage fields to one weapon? I'm not really sure of a common scenario when you would need 3 different damage types on a single weapon. However, that is one of the purposes of the Global Damage Modifier fields; to be able to add additional damage types to weapons. A paladin with a flametongue sword would need slashing, fire and radiant. It's not that uncommon. But the radiant damage (I'm assuming Divine Strike for this) can apply to any weapon, so the global damage modifier would be the appropriate choice. I was meaning that, as far as I'm aware, there is no single source of attack that does more than two types of damage. The Flame Tongue is one source (fire and slashing); Divine Strike is a second source, and it can apply to weapons other than the Flame Tongue, which is why the global damage should be used for this source of damage.
Kyle G. said: keithcurtis said: Kyle G.  said: Jeffrey H.  said: Why can we not add more than 2 damage fields to one weapon? I'm not really sure of a common scenario when you would need 3 different damage types on a single weapon. However, that is one of the purposes of the Global Damage Modifier fields; to be able to add additional damage types to weapons. A paladin with a flametongue sword would need slashing, fire and radiant. It's not that uncommon. But the radiant damage (I'm assuming Divine Strike for this) can apply to any weapon, so the global damage modifier would be the appropriate choice. I was meaning that, as far as I'm aware, there is no single source of attack that does more than two types of damage. The Flame Tongue is one source (fire and slashing); Divine Strike is a second source, and it can apply to weapons other than the Flame Tongue, which is why the global damage should be used for this source of damage. I agree on the multiple Damage inputs. if there is at MOST 4.. it would be VERY VERY handy!   i really dont wanna set up a Global Damage modifier just to be hitting it multiple times or you even forget to hit it.  (cuz honestly my players forget sometimes too)  Having that one weapon do 3 specific damages really helps.   Another reason to have more than 2 damage outputs is when you have a flametongue longsword (Versityle) i put 1d8 for 1-handed damage in first damage type. then 1d10 for two-handed damage in the second damage field.  i dont have an option to put the flame damage in there anymore.  so i have to go and make 2 separate entries for the same sword, one for one-handed with flame and another for two-handed with flame.  as a DM, I LOVE making new magical weapons! and there's gonna be instances where there will be more than 2 damage types, and i really need those extra fields to fill those in!  SO PLEASE KYLE..... We beg of you... add in Damage field 3 and 4....we'll give you hero cookies! <3 <3 
i am viewing at 100% and am using chrome but it is still jumbled 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
xTimmyx said: SO PLEASE KYLE..... We beg of you... add in Damage field 3 and 4....we'll give you hero cookies! <3 <3  Kyle doesn't build or maintain the OGL sheet. That is done by the staff of Roll20.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
DLB said (elsewhere): Hello roll20 Team, I have noticed a bug in the 5th Edition OGL character sheet after leveling up my PC. My PC reached 4th level and my WIS ability modifier increased causing my spell save DC to increase. This occurred normally, however the spell save DCs in the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section do not automatically adjust as they had in the past. Simply changing the spell save from 'SPELL" to anything else and back again corrected the error, but this is a bit tedious to do for everything. Please see photos:
I'm currently having a bug in one of my player's character sheets where the values for their constitution and charisma are fluctuating between two different values, and it won't stop. We checked and deleted any +1's gained from ability scores, and it still goes from different values.
keithcurtis said: xTimmyx said: SO PLEASE KYLE..... We beg of you... add in Damage field 3 and 4....we'll give you hero cookies! <3 <3  Kyle doesn't build or maintain the OGL sheet. That is done by the staff of Roll20. Correct, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
Any update on cantrip progression or ability modifier in spells? Those still don't seem to be working.
Kyle G. said: keithcurtis said: xTimmyx said: SO PLEASE KYLE..... We beg of you... add in Damage field 3 and 4....we'll give you hero cookies! <3 <3  Kyle doesn't build or maintain the OGL sheet. That is done by the staff of Roll20. Correct, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I did not know that actually! sorry about that Kyle! please excuse me for my assumption :)  REGARDLESS...... roll20 TEAM! lol get on that please! haha
xTimmyx said: Kyle G. said: keithcurtis said: xTimmyx said: SO PLEASE KYLE..... We beg of you... add in Damage field 3 and 4....we'll give you hero cookies! <3 <3  Kyle doesn't build or maintain the OGL sheet. That is done by the staff of Roll20. Correct, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I did not know that actually! sorry about that Kyle! please excuse me for my assumption :)  REGARDLESS...... roll20 TEAM! lol get on that please! haha Would also love to see this get implemented 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
P H. said (elsewhere): I wanted to alter an existing sheet to make it a new creature but for some reason the stats and skills don't seem to want to update for me. Any assistance would be appreciated.
If we purchase the Players Handbook within Roll20, will all the rules that are in PH but not OGL be automatically implemented in these character sheets?
Chris N. said: If we purchase the Players Handbook within Roll20, will all the rules that are in PH but not OGL be automatically implemented in these character sheets? I'm not sure of any rules that are in the PHB that aren't in the SRD, at least not off the top of my head. The PHB however would allow you to search for all of the spells that are in the PHB and not in the SRD as well as seeing the subclasses/races that aren't available in the SRD but are in the PHB.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Aidan H. said (elsewhere): When attempting to roll an attack in the 5e OGL sheet by clicking on it nothing happens at all while auto roll damage and crit is on, however when I turn them off the roll works fine. I also can not drag things in from the compendium despite having the option turned on. Console log from chrome: SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …} app.js?1530633593:357 Uncaught SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …}
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Tobias I. said (elsewhere): Im trying to copy spells from the srd onto a character sheet and its not allowing me to drag anything onto the sheet there is just a box saying "Accepting Drop from Compendium" I looked up the issue and the old topic just was able to copy the game and it worked for them however after doing that it still isnt working.
GenKitty said: Aidan H. said (elsewhere): When attempting to roll an attack in the 5e OGL sheet by clicking on it nothing happens at all while auto roll damage and crit is on, however when I turn them off the roll works fine. I also can not drag things in from the compendium despite having the option turned on. Console log from chrome: SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …} app.js?1530633593:357 Uncaught SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …} Having the same problem in two games, but not all characters, all attack and spells don't roll anything, but saving throws and skill checks work. We have got around it by recreating character. Only occurred after the implementation of the charactermancer and purchasing the PHB.
I'm not completely sure, but there might be a minor issue with the global damage modifiers. Since the introduction of the repeating section for the globals I've not been able to modify global damage modifiers via the API. If I modify the attributes of one entry of the global damage repeating sections and the global variable this way... {"name":"repeating_damagemod_-LH-lvJ0dNuohFMtKX8N_global_damage_rollstring","current": "2[Rage Damage]" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvJGqs6uechr4ado","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"repeating_damagemod_-LH-lvJ0dNuohFMtKX8N_global_damage_active_flag","current": "1" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvJHZGzfJCD5zbr4","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"repeating_damagemod_-LH-lvJ0dNuohFMtKX8N_options-flag","current":"0","max":"","_id":"-LH-lvJIRtx89mE6XGLr","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"repeating_damagemod_-LH-lvJ0dNuohFMtKX8N_global_damage_type","current": "Rage Damage" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvJK7kvRI8BI3hvo","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"global_damage_mod_roll","current": "2[Rage Damage]" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvOFLDNA6Fu-1Wkk","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"global_damage_mod_crit","current": "2[Rage Damage]" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvOHwYpHXfsUDcHd","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"global_damage_mod_type","current": "Rage Damage" ,"max":"","_id":"-LH-lvOI2ZEpzSXd5GKZ","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} the global damage is not applied (or removed) from the damage formula of the attacks. I think it might be because the repeating attack rollbases do not use calculated values, derived from the variables "global_damage_mod_roll" and "global_damage_mod_crit". This is how one of the attacks appear at the moment... {"name":"repeating_attack_-LH-lzhIBLIjZtNIqkcw_rollbase_dmg","current":"@{wtype}&{template:dmg} {{rname=@{atkname}}} @{atkflag} {{range=@{atkrange}}} @{dmgflag} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 3[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} @{dmg2flag} {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} @{saveflag} {{desc=@{atk_desc}}} @{hldmg} {{spelllevel=@{spelllevel}}} {{innate=@{spell_innate}}} {{globaldamage=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{global_damage_mod_type}}} @{charname_output}","max":"","_id":"-LH-lzhrg4DMrOnnkokw","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"repeating_attack_-LH-lzhIBLIjZtNIqkcw_rollbase_crit","current":"@{wtype}&{template:dmg} {{crit=1}} {{rname=@{atkname}}} @{atkflag} {{range=@{atkrange}}} @{dmgflag} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 3[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} @{dmg2flag} {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d6]]}} {{crit2=[[0]]}} @{saveflag} {{desc=@{atk_desc}}} @{hldmg}  {{spelllevel=@{spelllevel}}} {{innate=@{spell_innate}}} {{globaldamage=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{global_damage_mod_type}}} @{charname_output}","max":"","_id":"-LH-lzhunpKiJo5xYr1B","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} {"name":"repeating_attack_-LH-lzhIBLIjZtNIqkcw_rollbase","current":"@{wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=@{atkbonus}}} {{rname=@{atkname}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}cs>@{atkcritrange} + 3[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{rtype}cs>@{atkcritrange} + 3[STR] + 2[PROF]]]}} @{atkflag} {{range=@{atkrange}}} @{dmgflag} {{dmg1=[[1d6 + 3[STR]]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing }} @{dmg2flag} {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d6[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} @{saveflag} {{desc=@{atk_desc}}} @{hldmg}  {{spelllevel=@{spelllevel}}} {{innate=@{spell_innate}}} {{globalattack=@{global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo=@{ammo} @{charname_output}","max":"","_id":"-LH-lzhyeuoqCWiZbCiE","_type":"attribute","_characterid":"-LH-lah9Qo3w5gEzw2L4"} The values "globaldamage" and "globaldamagecrit" seem to be "hardcoded" into the attack formulas rather than be computed like the value globaldamagetype: {{globaldamage=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[2[Rage Damage]]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{global_damage_mod_type}}} or the repeating global attack mods (and repeating global saves), wich seem to be "evaluated" as expected: {{ globalattack = @{global_attack_mod}} } Could it be a minor bug or am I missing something? I know it's not a critical issue, but wanted to report it anyway because it makes very very difficult to apply/remove repeating global damage modifiers via the API.

Edited 1531225152
Hi - I hope that you guys can help. I love the character sheet and using my pro account, have been making full use of ammo tracking, spell slot tracking and 'long rests'. I've also used an API (setattr?) which, now, when I click my 'long rest' button, it automatically returns some of the PCs 'abilities' back to 'max'. Very nice. It looks like this for a character named 'thavek'.... !setattr --silent --name Thavek --class_resource|@{Thavek|class_resource|max} Works really well! - and before any mentions it - yes, it has little to do with the OLG sheet :) However, my next step is to try and add magical item 'charges' to PC's attack and resources list. I've done this relatively easily so far, by creating an attack (e.g. Magic Hammer Smash) and then also adding a 'class resource' called 'Magic Hammer Charges' and then in the 'ammo' field of the attack, I've typed in the name of the resource. In this case...."Magic Hammer Charges". This means, when it's used... it lowers the number of charges by 1! - Perfect. However, I'm now getting a bit stuck where the magical items allow the user multiple charges at the same time - Such as a Wand of Magic Missiles. I can't ask the player to simply click the button multiple times and add the number together because I'm sure as you know, the maths isn't the same. (+3 bolts for level 1, then +1 bolt for every charge expended after that). I've found that if I create a 'spell' in the spell page, make sure it's tagged as a 'ritual' (so it doesn't spend the PCs spell slots) and then tick the 'attack' box, - I can then go onto the core page and fill out the 'ammunition' field. - but this is where I get stuck....  --- UPDATE --- I suppose, what I could do is put a 'query' in to ammo field. I know that by typing 'Magic Hammer Charges, 2' it will reduce the count by 2, instead of 1. So I guess I could put a query in there... Magic Hammer Charges, ?{You have @{thavek|class_resource} charges available to spend. How many charges are you using for this attack?|1} If I do this, when the player clicks the attack, I think the player will be asked two questions.... One will be ' What level spell slot are you using?  (coming in automatically from the automated spell) and the other bit will be my question ' How many charges are you using for this attack? ' Technically, their answer should be the same for both questions. Could I adjust something somewhere, so that they just select an answer once instead of twice? PS - I know that the effort I've gone to is completely improportionate to the few seconds I'll save my players in the long run... but it's now just become a matter or principal :)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: P H. said (elsewhere): I wanted to alter an existing sheet to make it a new creature but for some reason the stats and skills don't seem to want to update for me. Any assistance would be appreciated.  If you're working on the NPC sheet you have to open the NPC Card from the gear in the upper right hand corner. This will allow you to adjust your pre-built NPCs.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Aidan H. said (elsewhere): When attempting to roll an attack in the 5e OGL sheet by clicking on it nothing happens at all while auto roll damage and crit is on, however when I turn them off the roll works fine. I also can not drag things in from the compendium despite having the option turned on. Console log from chrome: SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …} app.js?1530633593:357 Uncaught SyntaxError {name: "SyntaxError", expected: Array(13), found: "g", message: "Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "flo… "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but "g" found.", offset: 2, …} Try dragging something other than what's stuck in the compendium drop, such as a spell or an item and see if that fixes your issue.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Tobias I. said (elsewhere): Im trying to copy spells from the srd onto a character sheet and its not allowing me to drag anything onto the sheet there is just a box saying "Accepting Drop from Compendium" I looked up the issue and the old topic just was able to copy the game and it worked for them however after doing that it still isnt working. This sounds like a failure of the JS that powers Roll20. This is usually caused by a 3rd party addon/extension or anti-virus. Can you confirm you have this issue when using a different computer or when in incognito mode? If so, can you provide a browser console log of the error that's occurring?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Simone V. said: I'm not completely sure, but there might be a minor issue with the global damage modifiers. The API doesn't trigger Sheet Workers unless you use the setWithWorker function. If you do it that way, the sheet worker listeners will hear the change to the repeating section and change the hidden global field to what you're expecting.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
godthedj said: Hi - I hope that you guys can help. If you're using the Companion OGL script , and you want to include it as a roll query, you can make the roll query return the same result if the questions are identical. Then they'd only be asked once.
Any update on the spell dc/attack bug? The CR change trick didn't work for me.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The update is that we're still working on a series of related bugs for spell DCs and attacks. We thought we had a fix a week ago, but it didn't pass testing, and uncovered an underlying issue that was bigger than we expected.
Stephanie B. said: The update is that we're still working on a series of related bugs for spell DCs and attacks. We thought we had a fix a week ago, but it didn't pass testing, and uncovered an underlying issue that was bigger than we expected. Thank you Stephanie! Your work is appreciated! 
As first reported 1 July by GenKitty and Olivia M, I am still experiencing a problem with Title: Add Ability Modifier to Damage or Healing
Kirt W. said: As first reported 1 July by GenKitty and Olivia M, I am still experiencing a problem with Title: Add Ability Modifier to Damage or Healing It's hard to pinpoint where the problem is with just a general title with the problem. Can we get some more information on how it is set up? PC or NPC sheet? Is the spellcasting ability set for the character? Does it work for some spells but not for others? Did you try changing the spell's output to spellcard and back to trigger the sheet workers?
I was able to get the CR change workaround to work for the spell_save_dc / spell_attack_bonus issue. Those two values had "0" in them. After I cleared both fields and and then changed he CR and changed it back, all is well.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
My NPCs are set to "Don't Autoroll Damage" but when I click an attack, the damage is auto rolled into the chat. It's fixable by selecting "Autoroll Damage" and then going back to "Don't Autoroll", but it's  a pain to have to do this for every character. I have this issue in a couple of games that I run from modules (Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder).
Is there a way to have equipped items modify a value?  Like equipping a shield auto modifies AC by 2.
H2Os said: Is there a way to have equipped items modify a value?  Like equipping a shield auto modifies AC by 2. This is already built in to the character sheet. However, if you are using the Custom AC calculation setting (for example to ensure that a barbarian's Constitution modifier is added to the AC automatically), you cannot then use items to boost the AC further. In this case it is assumed that you will be updating this AC formula with the item AC modifiers. I made a Pros/Cons list for the two approaches to AC here .
H2Os said: Is there a way to have equipped items modify a value?  Like equipping a shield auto modifies AC by 2. What you want to do is look into the "MODS" section of an item. In the Equipment section of the character sheet, highlight the item you need and click the small circle to the bottom right of it. The "MODS" section allows you to customise what the item does to your stats if the item is equipped. I only just learned about it myself and likely wouldn't use it for something as basic as a shield, so my knowledge of how to use it is limited, but what you want to do is simply type in "AC:2" (without the quotes). If you want to add multiple modifiers, for example a magic shield that increases your Strength by 2 as well, type in "AC:2, Strength:12"  with commas separating each section. In the case of attribute modifying items, the new total will appear in blue on your sheet with an asterisk next to it. If you hover your mouse over it, it shows the unmodified attribute. I hope this helps. :)
Kirsty said: My NPCs are set to "Don't Autoroll Damage" but when I click an attack, the damage is auto rolled into the chat. It's fixable by selecting "Autoroll Damage" and then going back to "Don't Autoroll", but it's  a pain to have to do this for every character. I have this issue in a couple of games that I run from modules (Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder). Try updating the Game Settings to set the default value to Don't Autoroll and then use the Apply Default Settings button in the Player Settings in game (it's in the Experimental Features portion at the bottom of the menu). If that doesn't work change the Game Settings default value to Autoroll, then Apply Default Settings, then change the Game Setting back to Don't Autoroll and reapply the Default Settings in game. Note.  The Apply Default Settings will also update PC character sheets, so you may need to reset their settings if the default setting change was not meant to affect them. Fortunately there should be far fewer PCs than NPCs.

Edited 1531751544
I had posted throughout the Charactermancer testing that Global Modifiers were having some issues. They've resolved the Charactermancer aspect of that, and I believe the rest of the bugs are character sheet related at this point. There's 2 major issues happening here. Global Damage Modifiers being applied after they're deleted The first is if you turn on the Global Damage Modifier (GDM) option; by default Sneak Attack is added and checked as enabled the first time you enable GDM. The quick answer is to delete the newly created Sneak Attack GDM. However, this still causes Sneak Attack to appear in the attacks. This is happening because the GDM was left checked when it was deleted. In this image, I can reproduce this with Rage for Instance. I added a Rage GDM, checked it, and then deleted it from the list of GDM. However you can see in this image that the GDM is still appearing in the attack roll. The method around this is to ensure you uncheck the GDM before deleting it. However, this should work by just deleting the GMD. Global Damage Modifiers Criticals doubles when Integer The second issue is when you apply a GDM that is an integer value. Critical Strikes in 5e double all dice rolled for damage, but not any bonus' (as Pathfinder does). However, if you have any integer value GDMs, they are getting doubled during critical damage. This is shown below to clearly illustrate this. This is further complicated when you add multiple GDMs. In the images below I show some unique things that are happening. If the first GDM you create is a roll, everything calculates properly. This can be seen in the next image where I've combined Sneak Attack, Rage and Dueling ( serious multiclassing here:) ). Now I mentioned, this is the first GDM you create, because reordering the GDMs does not rectify this issue. But if the first GDM is an integer, and the second is a roll. The first integer is still double, while any after the first roll in the series is ignored as shown below. I hope that all makes sense. These issues, though known to me and I can work around them wreak havoc on my players who have trouble understanding what the Windows Key is :).
Jeremy said: Global Damage Modifiers being applied after they're deleted It seems that there is no sheet worker on the character sheet that listens for GDMs being deleted, only for when they are changed. Just codifying the issue for devs. If I can find some time this afternoon, I may try to see if I can bust it out and get a pull request for it.
Jeremy said: Global Damage Modifiers Criticals doubles when Integer I've seen this come up from other posts before and the only "nice" way that I can see this being handled would be to put another field on the GDM similar to the dmg_custcrit field on Attacks. Otherwise it would require the sheet to be smart enough to not double integer values, but this would require a major rework to the character sheet I think.
Kyle G. said: Jeremy said: Global Damage Modifiers Criticals doubles when Integer I've seen this come up from other posts before and the only "nice" way that I can see this being handled would be to put another field on the GDM similar to the dmg_custcrit field on Attacks. Otherwise it would require the sheet to be smart enough to not double integer values, but this would require a major rework to the character sheet I think. However, they do seem to be ignoring integers if a roll is the first item in the GDM list. So they are already handling this in some respects aren't they? I really hope they can solve this, because I just love the new multiple GDM fields on the sheet. It makes handling things like multi-classing and other abilities a lot easier to turn on and off. Reminds me a bit of how Hero Lab on the iPad works in play.
Jeremy said: Kyle G. said: Jeremy said: Global Damage Modifiers Criticals doubles when Integer I've seen this come up from other posts before and the only "nice" way that I can see this being handled would be to put another field on the GDM similar to the dmg_custcrit field on Attacks. Otherwise it would require the sheet to be smart enough to not double integer values, but this would require a major rework to the character sheet I think. However, they do seem to be ignoring integers if a roll is the first item in the GDM list.  I guess I was just assuming that it was the default to double the damage regardless of integer vs. roll. Looking back at your post I see you've documented this situation. I'll have to take a look and play around with that and see where this is happening in the sheet workers and why it isn't always doing it. 
Kyle G. said: Jeremy said: Global Damage Modifiers being applied after they're deleted It seems that there is no sheet worker on the character sheet that listens for GDMs being deleted, only for when they are changed. Just codifying the issue for devs. If I can find some time this afternoon, I may try to see if I can bust it out and get a pull request for it. Pull Request submitted . Hopefully it will get pushed in tomorrow's release.
Kyle G. said:   I guess I was just assuming that it was the default to double the damage regardless of integer vs. roll. Looking back at your post I see you've documented this situation. I'll have to take a look and play around with that and see where this is happening in the sheet workers and why it isn't always doing it.  I've noticed this only happens with the first GDM. Even if I have 2 Integer values, only the first that was created gets doubled. Subsequent integers are not.
Jeremy said: Kyle G. said:   I guess I was just assuming that it was the default to double the damage regardless of integer vs. roll. Looking back at your post I see you've documented this situation. I'll have to take a look and play around with that and see where this is happening in the sheet workers and why it isn't always doing it.  I've noticed this only happens with the first GDM. Even if I have 2 Integer values, only the first that was created gets doubled. Subsequent integers are not. Thanks to you pointing out that it does it already for all but the first GDM, I was able to figure out why it is doing this and a fix for it. Basically when creating the overall GDM, it was combining each GDM with a '+' between. Then for the crit damage it is looking for portions that match +X (but not +XdX) inside this attribute and removing them for the crit damage. The first GDM would not have a plus sign before it, so it was being ignored.
Sweet, I'm glad I could have been helpful through the process! And I'm glad you have the skills to figure out why it did it! I'll try to make sure I'm as thorough in the future, as it seems like it helped in this case.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The 5e OGL character sheet version 2.4 is now up. Please direct your attention to the new thread for it .