Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

sendChat text highlight

Hello. Sorry for my poor english. Is there a way to make a message sent via sendChat appear as a gm message? When a gm speaks or makes a roll, messages have a blue highlight, but when I, as a gm, post a message using an api script that has an sendChat command, it loses its highlight and it appears as if a player typed the message, not me (text background is gray, not blue). Is there any way to fix that, so that my messages sent by sendChat also had the same highlight as my normal messages?

Edited 1530457167
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes. You need to get the GM's player id and use it as the first argument in sendChat. The process is described on the wiki here . An example function to get player or character id when relevant is on the wiki too here . Using that function and passing the GM name should return the "speakingAs" parameter you need.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It sounds like you might be talking about these background colors: Light Gray: Public message Light Blue: message sent by you Light Yellow: message whispered to you.  Messages from the API will be the first type by default or the second type if the start with “/w Name “, but won’t ever be of the second type. However, you can send html to the chat to change the message part to look however you like, so maybe you can get close to what you want.