Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Character library for Runequest in Glorantha

hi all I'm fairly new to the site and myself and some friends are looking to play the new version of Runequest. I wanted to find out if there is a way to build up a library of characters, NPC, and creatures that can be shared around between players, my first thought was to just use the Character Vault but that ties it down to one player to manage and I'd like to do something that the community could share and add to. can anyone point me in the right direction? cheers Mike
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 is not set up for this sort of wide sharing and dissemination, almost certainly for piracy concerns.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not only is it "not set up for" this sort of thing, it is specifically designed to block it, and make it as hard as possible. It's the most frustrating aspect of roll20. If you are Pro user, it's possible to write a script for importing and exporting characters, but all the campaigns you want to use those characters in will have to be created by a Pro user. Alternatively, if you have one Pro user making all the campaigns, you can use the Transmogrifier to swap characters between campaigns. A final approach would be for a Pro user could create a custom character sheet that has an inbuilt parser to import and export characters, and then submit it to the roll20 character sheet collection. I know there's a couple of sheets that have such features for their system.
thanks both for your replies, I didn't think about the piracy or licencing concerns, which are completely valid. I think it'll be a case of building up a local library of character we can use in our own games and go that way