Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Can you set a Maximum Status value other than 9 using TokenMod?

Hey! As the title says, I'm currently using TokenMod to grant my characters Minor Actions at the start of each turn, using one of the Status Icons to represent them. However, a character can't have more than 5 Minor Actions at any time. As such, I was wondering if there was a way to essentially lower the Maximum Status value for a particular Status from 9 to another number. So for example, this is the Macro I'd use right now. !token-mod --set statusmarkers|all-for-one:+[[@{MinorRegen}]] And I'm essentially looking for a way to make it so that can never increase the all-for-one Status higher than 5. Any ideas? And if you've read this far, thanks for taking the time to do so (whether you can help or otherwise) and hope you have an amazing day!
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello try [[{@{MinorRegen},5}kl1]] Kl1 will keep the lowest of the two :)
Unfortunately that won't work, since Minor Actions stack between rounds. I.e round one, gain three Minor Actions. Round two gain ANOTHER three Minor Actions, for a total of 6, which needs to get reduced to 5 instead (since that's the maximum). Using the Macro as  !token-mod --set statusmarkers|all-for-one:+[[@{MinorRegen},5}kl1]] Wouldn't resolve this. Instead it would add the lower of Minor Regen or 5 to the current Minor Actions, but still potentially increase the total beyond 5. Thanks for the suggestion though ^^

Edited 1531664942
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Oh I didn't understand exactly sorry. What about creating a new attribute for current number and then replacing the marker instead of incrementing it Like !token-mod --set statusmarkers|all-for-one:[[{@{currentactionnbr}+@{MinorRegen},5}kl1]] You might want to use charsetattr to update the currentnbr
Because then I need separate character sheets for every enemy, i.e. skeleton 1, skeleton 2, skeleton 3, rather than being able to have them share the same "skeleton" character sheet. That's the way it's done at the moment to be honest :P and it can continue to work like that. It's just it would be a lot easier if I didn't need to make 10 duplicate character sheets, to track each enemy's minor actions separately, every fight. Essentially finding a way to do it via token mod allows me to track minor actions using just the tokens, which makes a lot of stuff a lot quicker and more covenient.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is a great idea. Update v0.8.39  -- Added Min and Max bounds to status marker numbers (Thanks  Morgan ) You can append two additional numbers separated by  : . These numbers will be used as the minimum and maximum value when setting or adjusting the number on a status marker. Specified minimum and maximum values will be kept between 0 and 9. !token-mod --set statusmarkers|blue:+1:2:5 Omitting either of the numbers will cause them to use their default value. Here is an example limiting the max to 5: !token-mod --set statusmarkers|blue:+1::5
Aaron, you are a literal God. Thank you. Pretty much none of my games would even function without your scripts and everything you do for the community at this point. Thanks. Seriously appreciate it.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries! =D