Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Frustration!

Hey guys, I no programmer nor do I really wanna be, but I've tried to follow all the steps and suggestions on the posts so on and so on on trying to make the api scripts work and I just can can I please get some definitive plug and play help.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
If no one else steps in before tonight I'll help you out no problem! I just gotta head out right now or I'd write up something quick. Maybe you could explain some of the problems you are having. Any one script should be fairly easy to get up and running (except for some of the more advance awesome scripts some of the users have been creating here), but if you are trying to use more than one then some sections need to be customized to work with each other. What script in particular have you been trying to get working? Or are you trying to write your own script?
K here we go: 1. No I'm not trying to write my own I'm not a programmer nor do i wanna be. 2. the scripts are as follows: 1. Auto Initiative 2. Initiative highlighter or 2. Highlight Token at Top of Initiative 3. Time/Torch Tracker Thanks for your time, if ya wanna chat for ease of conversation my skype is Shaun.Bradley2012
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Have you had any luck with just getting one at a time working? I'll have a look at those and see what needs to be done for them to work together. I'm not a programmer, but do like doing it. :)
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Shaun Bradley (Elmo) said: K here we go: 1. No I'm not trying to write my own I'm not a programmer nor do i wanna be. 2. the scripts are as follows: 1. Auto Initiative 2. Initiative highlighter or 2. Highlight Token at Top of Initiative 3. Time/Torch Tracker Thanks for your time, if ya wanna chat for ease of conversation my skype is Shaun.Bradley2012 I just tried the first two together and they don't have anything overlapping that might need work so they seem to work together rather nicely. What kind of problems did you have? I'd create a new blank campaign to test. Then copy the first one and paste it onto the first tab in the API. Then copy the second one and just put it at the very end of the first, don't bother with another tab for now. Then push save. Remember to get the scripts from the link, don't copy them from the forum page since they might not be the most up to date. Then put three tokens out on the desktop. Select them all and then in the chat windows type !CombatBegins The tokens should get added to the initiative panel and the first one should have a blinking aura. Let me know how it goes. I'll have a look at the other two a little later. I gotta be off to a clients to setup some computers for him tonight, so I might not get back to you until late?