Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok we have been able to reproduce the problem that Senjak reported and what I had experienced as well. The MadCoder will be looking into the issue this evening. This is on top of the Roll20 update that came out today and broke other things within Roll20 and those using the VTTES suit.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W.  said: Senjak  said: Mike W.  said: Tsuka  said: There seems to be a Issue with Row Id's. When linking a skill to a weapon the skill name will be shown but the level of the skill won't match the skill you linked in the first place. Thank you Tsuka, yes we just noticed this as well. Seems to relate to the GCA4 Import. Issue is being looked at by MadCoder. Not sure if we can get a fix out this week. In the mean time, the work-around is to just manually enter the Skill number. Later, after the fix, you can go back and link the skill. Mike. Was there a connection between this bug and the changes to how skills and spells get updated? I think the workaround I found was to add and then subtract 1 character point and the correct values were calculated. Senjak I have noticed that as well on a few occasions. For me it sometime happens for only one linked skill, other times it happened to all skills under a single attribute. For example, with IQ skills showing this issue, I did something similar and increased the IQ then decreased it. That seemed to fix the issue for those skills. Then testing the individual skills, that seemed to fix the issue. I am not sure what may be causing this to intermittently happen but I will make sure MadCoder is made aware. Might need something like a sheet recalculation button of sorts. Thanks for reporting this Senjak. Hi Senjak and thanks Mike W.! I think I found the issue and fixed it, at least it working for me and tried a lot of different combinations to test if it was working. I made the pull request today, hopefully it will be up soon. Thanks, Ken
Hey, as a heads up, while there is a work around for the attribute calculations for spells and skills, the Mod column at least for spells is appearing to not function at all even after updating and resetting the value. Not sure if it's related to something you did or something R20 did, but it's definitely a bit worrisome.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
TechnoMaestro said: Hey, as a heads up, while there is a work around for the attribute calculations for spells and skills, the Mod column at least for spells is appearing to not function at all even after updating and resetting the value. Not sure if it's related to something you did or something R20 did, but it's definitely a bit worrisome. Most like probably something we did. I will check it out as soon as I can. If it was us, very sorry about that!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: TechnoMaestro said: Hey, as a heads up, while there is a work around for the attribute calculations for spells and skills, the Mod column at least for spells is appearing to not function at all even after updating and resetting the value. Not sure if it's related to something you did or something R20 did, but it's definitely a bit worrisome. Most like probably something we did. I will check it out as soon as I can. If it was us, very sorry about that! Thanks TechnoMaestro! I found the bug and fixed it. I will request the code update tonight. Ken

Edited 1639098091
Jay
Pro
I'm getting a glitch with the General tab where some text and tooltips are clipping into each other. Tried changing my font sizes and nothing fixes it. On Firefox with no extra Roll20 plugins. I may also be missing something, but with other people talking about calculation errors, it seems like Skills aren't being factored properly by Characteristics. Example: if I make a Skill entry relying on DX, and the sheet has DX 7, at Average difficulty with 0 invested points, shouldn't the effective level be 2 (or min. 3)? It seems like the sheet by default has the Average penalty for untrained skills at -2, which I can't find any reference for in the book. I even tried changing the DX to default, 10, and it still is only subtracting 2 for the untrained penalty. Not a big issue, just confusing at first.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Jay This does not look like Tooltips just an overlap of the sheet boxes. I am unable to reproduce this effect but that does not mean something may be wrong. Can you try some basic things like clearing cash,  seeing if this ‘effect’ persists in other games, ask your friends in the same game if they are having the same issue. I will have the MadeCoder look into this once he is back. As far as the other issue you mentioned, when you have 0 invested points in a skill that would mean the skill is being used at Default level. The sheet cannot calculate defaults because we do not have each skill, and many with associated specialties, built into the sheet for the calculation to be made. That actually would violate the protected licensing Steve Jackson Games has plus require a ton of code to enter all these skills. The work around is to add a negative MOD (Modifier) for the skill so that is modifies said skill level to its default. Then add a note in the ‘Reason for MOD’ field such as “Adjusted for Default level” or something similar. Sorry for the late response. Mike Jay said: I'm getting a glitch with the General tab where some text and tooltips are clipping into each other. Tried changing my font sizes and nothing fixes it. On Firefox with no extra Roll20 plugins. I may also be missing something, but with other people talking about calculation errors, it seems like Skills aren't being factored properly by Characteristics. Example: if I make a Skill entry relying on DX, and the sheet has DX 7, at Average difficulty with 0 invested points, shouldn't the effective level be 2 (or min. 3)? It seems like the sheet by default has the Average penalty for untrained skills at -2, which I can't find any reference for in the book. I even tried changing the DX to default, 10, and it still is only subtracting 2 for the untrained penalty. Not a big issue, just confusing at first.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Mike W. said: Jay This does not look like Tooltips just an overlap of the sheet boxes. I am unable to reproduce this effect but that does not mean something may be wrong. Can you try some basic things like clearing cash,  seeing if this ‘effect’ persists in other games, ask your friends in the same game if they are having the same issue. I will have the MadeCoder look into this once he is back. As far as the other issue you mentioned, when you have 0 invested points in a skill that would mean the skill is being used at Default level. The sheet cannot calculate defaults because we do not have each skill, and many with associated specialties, built into the sheet for the calculation to be made. That actually would violate the protected licensing Steve Jackson Games has plus require a ton of code to enter all these skills. The work around is to add a negative MOD (Modifier) for the skill so that is modifies said skill level to its default. Then add a note in the ‘Reason for MOD’ field such as “Adjusted for Default level” or something similar. Sorry for the late response. Mike Jay said: I'm getting a glitch with the General tab where some text and tooltips are clipping into each other. Tried changing my font sizes and nothing fixes it. On Firefox with no extra Roll20 plugins. I may also be missing something, but with other people talking about calculation errors, it seems like Skills aren't being factored properly by Characteristics. Example: if I make a Skill entry relying on DX, and the sheet has DX 7, at Average difficulty with 0 invested points, shouldn't the effective level be 2 (or min. 3)? It seems like the sheet by default has the Average penalty for untrained skills at -2, which I can't find any reference for in the book. I even tried changing the DX to default, 10, and it still is only subtracting 2 for the untrained penalty. Not a big issue, just confusing at first. Thanks for replying Mike! Hi Jay, I'm also sorry for responding so late. Regarding the layout issues I was able to replicate the problem by using the zoom option. If you're on a PC try using [control key] + 0. That will reset the view to 100%. Unfortunately, the original designs of this sheet didn't account for zoom level very well and it will not look good when using it.  Thanks, Ken 
FEATURE REQUEST Hello Devs! Please add support for "Average" difficulty spells (while leaving Hard as default would be a good idea). The official book "GURPS Least of Spells" is all cantrips which are Average difficulty skills.* <a href="http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells" rel="nofollow">http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells</a> *(In the interim I am indeed setting as Hard with a modifier of +1) Thanks!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
GM Aurelien said: FEATURE REQUEST Hello Devs! Please add support for "Average" difficulty spells (while leaving Hard as default would be a good idea). The official book "GURPS Least of Spells" is all cantrips which are Average difficulty skills.* <a href="http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells" rel="nofollow">http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells</a> *(In the interim I am indeed setting as Hard with a modifier of +1) Thanks! Thanks GM Aurelien, that is a good idea, it should be easy to add. Ken

Edited 1640665575
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
GM Aurelien said: FEATURE REQUEST Hello Devs! Please add support for "Average" difficulty spells (while leaving Hard as default would be a good idea). The official book "GURPS Least of Spells" is all cantrips which are Average difficulty skills.* <a href="http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells" rel="nofollow">http://www.warehouse23.com/products/gurps-magic-the-least-of-spells</a> *(In the interim I am indeed setting as Hard with a modifier of +1) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please be advised we do not normally incorporate such things as Alternate rules, such as the ones you quoted which are 'official' but clearly alternate. If we did, there would be a ton of changes needed to be made and years to complete just to match all the 'official' published alternate rules (mostly published in the official Pyramid magazine). But as MadCoder stated, this should be simple and does not require complicated changes. so your request is a reasonable and practical one.&nbsp; We thank you for contacting us about it. Mike W
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
This thread is being closed and is being restarted as&nbsp;[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 2 Here is the link:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10667695/gurps-sheet-number-1-thread-2/?pageforid=10667695#post-10667695</a> Mike W