Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

So... Javascript with Autocomplete :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm pretty sure that's not an option. You dont have access to the DOM in character sheets. You can only use javascript in sheet workers, which is basically limited to creating and editing attributes. You cant change the way dropdowns are displayed. 
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lol - now you are over my head!

Edited 1543958040
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.4.7 – PULL  12/04/2018 – Successful Added Latest Update with date to the top of the Updates page - Cosmetic Only Changed the Input color from pink to a light gray (Because of so many complaints about the pink)- Cosmetic Only Fixed the Current HP, Thrust, and Swing fields on the General page to display the Input Color – Cosmetic Only Fixed bug for the Total Points and the calculated Unspent Points were not totaling correctly on the General page – The actual fix was spotted and provided by Filipe (UserID: 1089514) Fix alignment of columns for Attributes on the General page - Cosmetic Only Fix base tooltip font size from 10 to 11 to make it more readable - Cosmetic Only Added tooltips for POINT SUM on the General page  for Total, Spent, and Unspent - Cosmetic Only Under POINT SUM in the General page, changed ‘Starting’ to ‘Total’ and changed ‘Total’ to ‘Spent‘ - Requested first by Valter (UserID:285013), then by many others   – Cosmetic Only Further note: Input fields : Even though I changed the pink to a light gray for the data input fields, I have noticed that on most other character sheets that the data input field is clear and that calculated fields are the ones that are colored. Question : Would everyone like for me to do that to this sheet, it will take some time, but that seems to be a trend with most other sheets I have seen. This would start with the general page and then onto the other pages as well. Mike
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Input fields : Even though I changed the pink to a light gray for the data input fields, I have noticed that on most other character sheets that the data input field is clear and that calculated fields are the ones that are colored. Question : Would everyone like for me to do that to this sheet, it will take some time, but that seems to be a trend with most other sheets I have seen. This would start with the general page and then onto the other pages as well. I dont actually use the GURPS sheet at the moment, so maybe shouldnt be offering my opinion, but in case it matters: i think its better to have shading for calculated/disabled fields, and clear fields for data entry. But as long as you are consistent, it doesn't matter: sometimes plain white wouldnt be appropriate for a sheet's colour scheme, for instance.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you GiGs for your input, I really appreciate it.
Thanks mike. If you need helping troubleshooting just ask. Is there a list of know bugs somewhere? Mike W. said: Latest Updates Version 1.4.7 – PULL  12/04/2018 – Successful Added Latest Update with date to the top of the Updates page - Cosmetic Only Changed the Input color from pink to a light gray (Because of so many complaints about the pink)- Cosmetic Only Fixed the Current HP, Thrust, and Swing fields on the General page to display the Input Color – Cosmetic Only Fixed bug for the Total Points and the calculated Unspent Points were not totaling correctly on the General page – The actual fix was spotted and provided by Filipe (UserID: 1089514) Fix alignment of columns for Attributes on the General page - Cosmetic Only Fix base tooltip font size from 10 to 11 to make it more readable - Cosmetic Only Added tooltips for POINT SUM on the General page  for Total, Spent, and Unspent - Cosmetic Only Under POINT SUM in the General page, changed ‘Starting’ to ‘Total’ and changed ‘Total’ to ‘Spent‘ - Requested first by Valter (UserID:285013), then by many others   – Cosmetic Only Further note: Input fields : Even though I changed the pink to a light gray for the data input fields, I have noticed that on most other character sheets that the data input field is clear and that calculated fields are the ones that are colored. Question : Would everyone like for me to do that to this sheet, it will take some time, but that seems to be a trend with most other sheets I have seen. This would start with the general page and then onto the other pages as well. Mike

Edited 1544133121
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Filipe said: Thanks mike. If you need helping troubleshooting just ask. Is there a list of know bugs somewhere? The only big bug I know is the one I have listed on the Update page about deleting a Technique prior to me putting a stop gap in place. I  can go into detail via PM or if you want to voice chat in Discord or Skype. I do need help with that one. Most of the other things I have planned are cosmetic changes and some additional functionality and expansions. Mike
Yes the calculated attributes should be the shaded ones and the inputs should be totally clear. JMHO. By the way when are you planning to rearrange the General page as you proposed some time ago? No rush, just curious. Filipe thanks for helping Mike out.

Edited 1544324528
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for your input Tom. For the changes to the General page, I am slowly working on that but it is tricky. I want to get it right the first time so I will not rush this one. It will not be exactly as proposed but close at least I hope it will be close - lol). Thanks again - have a  great day Mike
I like where this is going =)
I will take a look. About the skills i've made a temporary solution. Wrote a sheet with all the skills and just duplicate it when i want to make a new character. The skills i don't want i just delete.  :)
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Filipe Wow that must have taken a long time to complete considering how many skills there are. I use template all the time but only enter the skills and equipment  need in the template. Well done though.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
File I know what is wrong with Techniques and what needs to be done to fix it.  just do not know how to code it. Explaining it in Skype or Discord would be much easier then explaining it in a PM. Mike
I couldn't find the change where you deleted the "Max" field. Can you please tell me the date?  I'm not a programmer too, but i work with lots of coders. Tell me the lines where you think the problem is and i i'll show to them. Unfortunately i mess with this code only on my work. At home i have a baby daughter. No way to take time to use Skype, but i can help´by the foruns. JUst send the lines and i'll try to understand. :) Mike W. said: File I know what is wrong with Techniques and what needs to be done to fix it.  just do not know how to code it. Explaining it in Skype or Discord would be much easier then explaining it in a PM. Mike
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Mike W. said: File I know what is wrong with Techniques and what needs to be done to fix it.  just do not know how to code it. Explaining it in Skype or Discord would be much easier then explaining it in a PM. Mike I dont use skype or discord, but I'm willing to have a crack at it. If you can describe the issue here or in PMs, and point where in the html I need to look.

Edited 1544606915
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
OK great, let me work on a good detailed description of what I found and the suggestions of have received regarding the Techniques. Because of work and holiday times it may not be until next week when I can put that documentation together.. In eht meantime I really appreciate all the help.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.4.8  – PULL  12/18/2018/2018 –  Successful Changed the PULL date for version 1.4.7 to 12/04/2018 – Cosmetic Only Changed the width of the REF field in Advantages, Disadvantages, Skills, Techniques, and Possessions – Cosmetic Only Removed the visual cue for editable fields on the General Tab – Requested by MANY – Cosmetic Only Added highlighted light gray color for calculated fields on all pages – Cosmetics Only Removed the blue highlight from Melee and Ranged attacks as it is no longer needed – Cosmetic Only Fixed alert indicating to use whole number on attributes that can be up to 2 or 3 decimal places in value in the Inventory section - Cosmetic Only Resized the Life and Moving box and the Encumbrance box for FUTURE upgrades - Cosmetic Only   Question : Do you like where the Macro buttons currently is or would you like\prefer that the Macro button be to the left of the name of the attribute, skill, combat, etc.? Please let me know. Mike
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One thing you could do is make the name (ST, DX, etc) be the button, so you dont need a separate icon (though I like the icon you're using).  That Skills/Melee Attacks seems really wide, and wasteful of space. Is there anything you could add to the right if you cut down the size devoted to weapon/skill name?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
GiGs said: One thing you could do is make the name (ST, DX, etc) be the button, so you dont need a separate icon (though I like the icon you're using).  That Skills/Melee Attacks seems really wide, and wasteful of space. Is there anything you could add to the right if you cut down the size devoted to weapon/skill name? I had planned something like that with ST, DX, etc., combine the Icon and the Attribute and make it all black. Many people like the wide skill area so they can put their brief notes there instead of having to use the Notes field underneath. For Attacks (Combat)n I have some ideas about hat too. Thanks for your input.
I like the proposed layout of the Macro's location. So a +1 for me.
Mike W. said:   Question : Do you like where the Macro buttons currently is or would you like\prefer that the Macro button be to the left of the name of the attribute, skill, combat, etc.? I think the macro button location is fine. I d not think you need to spend time on moving it. Merry Christmas
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.4.9 – PULL 01/08/2019 – Successful Fixed the placement and alignment of the SCN, Macro, PTS, and REF fields in Racial Traits – Cosmetic Only Added a Background color for all Calculated fields – Cosmetic Only Remove odd and even row background color – Cosmetic Only Added bottom border to all Input fields – Cosmetic Only Fixed alert indicating to use whole numbers for Speed which can have can have up to 2 decimal places - Cosmetic Only Added a ‘Note to Authors’ section in the Updates page Updated the Readme.md file Fixed Skills Column alignment order – Code Fix only Set the Default selection for the Modifier Prompt to Single Modifier Prompt Fixed ToolTip placement for Thrust and Swing attributes – Cosmetic only Increased width of character sheet to the maximum possible – Cosmetic Only Adjusted the width of Skills, Techniques, and Inventory so that when sorting you can see the full name – Cosmetic Only
Hey Mike, happy new year! I like the new look on the sheet! I was looking around and had an idea, but i'm not sure if it's easy to implement or not. Is it possible to have it highlight the entire row/line when a skill/trait is selected for editing? Currently it only puts a light blue box around the selected field. It would be helpful when spending points on skills for characters with a long list of short named ones. I tried adding a few images to illustrate, but it's not letting me do it at the moment. Thanks for the work!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter said: Hey Mike, happy new year! I like the new look on the sheet! I was looking around and had an idea, but i'm not sure if it's easy to implement or not. Is it possible to have it highlight the entire row/line when a skill/trait is selected for editing? Currently it only puts a light blue box around the selected field. It would be helpful when spending points on skills for characters with a long list of short named ones. I tried adding a few images to illustrate, but it's not letting me do it at the moment. Thanks for the work! Hello Valter Happy New Year to you as well. Thanks for your comments, I really do appreciate that and I am happy you like the changes I have made. . As for your idea well I am not sure that is possible. As you edit a field the focus is applied to it and thus the coding only applies to that field at the moment. The only highlighting comes from when you are modifying the row to move or delete it. I will, however, look into your suggestion and ask some of the other sheet authors to see if it can be done. Mike
Hey Mike Latest changes look good- I like the format change with the colors and the underlines for inputs. Can you post what you are currently working on?
Hi Mike, thanks for the updates, but have you taken a look to the Dark Heresy 2 sheets, they seem to not work properly.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Everoth N. said: Hi Mike, thanks for the updates, but have you taken a look to the Dark Heresy 2 sheets, they seem to not work properly. Sorry Everoth, I only work on this sheet as I only play GURPS myself. My skills are still at the very basic level. You will need to contact the authors of the Dark Heresy 2 sheets to request changes. For Dark Heresy 2nd edition it looks like "authors": "Daniel D., updated by Michael R, Updated by Samuel L","roll20userID": "233902,1478668,262892", For Dark Heresy Advanced 2nd edition it looks like authors: "Shawn Abreu", "roll20userid": "90066", That is based on their assciated sheet.json files
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tom S. said: Hey Mike Latest changes look good- I like the format change with the colors and the underlines for inputs. Can you post what you are currently working on? Tom  I will put together a short list but most of the time I am working on several things at the same time as I discover because I techniques as I go along. I also make it a priority to fix broken code first, especially if I cause it - lol.
OK Thanks.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Latest Updates Version 1.5.0 – PULL 02/05/2019 – Successful Changes, Fixes, and Adds made by Mike W (UserID: 1414610) Fixed alert indicating to use a valid 3 decimal Weight value for the Inventory weight attribute, which in fact can up to 4 decimal places. Reported by Ray G (@raymond-g)  (UserID: 1600355 Fixed Inventory header alignment – Cosmetic Only Fixed Inventory calculations color background – Cosmetic  Only
I have just started a new game as a GM for GURPS and am having trouble adding an item that causes melee affliction damage HT-6 into the Melee attacks as the damage input window doesn't recognize the shorthand for Health "HT". How should I set this up properly or is there a workaround?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Michael R. said: I have just started a new game as a GM for GURPS and am having trouble adding an item that causes melee affliction damage HT-6 into the Melee attacks as the damage input window doesn't recognize the shorthand for Health "HT". How should I set this up properly or is there a workaround? Michael, I would put it into the Damage notes. The reason the Damage field does not accept that type of input as the original designers made this a macro only functioning field. Also because it is the function of the target and nothing that is rolled.  Then click the Damage macro, even though it is blank, and the damage notes will be displayed in chat.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi, I was unavailable to make any updates to the character sheet for a while. Here's a set changes that are ready to be added, please take a look, then I'll push the updates later. The updates are adding movement attributes to calculate enhanced ground movement, flying, swimming, and jumping. The other update adds rolltables, including showing if a roll is a success or fail, or if it's a critical. Thanks Movement Attributes Rolltables Options
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Wow looks great. Way beyond my capabilities. Does this mean you are available so other enhancements as well? Really impressive. The only problem I see are fixed values. For example you are using the Critical success of 10+ and some GMs I know do not use that rule, they changed it to 11+ meaning a 5 could be the highest Critical possible..Some others use the basic 3 pr 4 rolled only as a critical (a game I am currently in is like that). Many GURPS games the GMs do not use the book values and prefer things to have a manual cost value - true they are in the minority but I always kept that in mind. Because of that, I was planning to remove the language drop down and make it a manual input only because I have some GMs using their own values. The other thing I was working on as adding Knockdown, Unconscious and Death rolls and adding it under Fright and before Speed in that column.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Mike,  Yes, I'm available to make other enhancements now.  For example you are using the Critical success of 10+ and some GMs I know do not use that rule, they changed it to 11+ meaning a 5 could be the highest Critical possible. One idea is add an option to turn off critical success of 10+, that would get rid of the critical success message but it would still use the 3 or 4 as a critical success,  and custom games can just determine critical success manually if they have other rules. Unfortunately, rolltable templates are pretty limited. To add more complicated calculations to rolltables, especially if you want to do math on a rolled result (I wanted to calculate margin of victory), requires using Scripts, which are only available to pro users, and need to installed to the campaign.  The other thing I was working on as adding Knockdown, Unconscious and Death rolls and adding it under Fright and before Speed in that column. That's a very good idea.
Those are some really nice additions! Jumping is something I always felt was neglected, maybe due to the criticism those rules get, but regardless, it helps a lot to not have to look it up mid-action because it's already calculated on the sheet.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Valter. We play a lot of GURPS Supers! so those movement columns and super jumping comes in handy, and it's totally optional use. 
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
I added an option to use 3 or 4 for critical successes or check for skill + 10 for critical success. I also made a pull request for these updates. I'll be checking this thread for any issues. 
How about: Critical Successes: Use rules as written Only on a 3 or 4 But my fear is that this leads down a road where so many options are added to the sheet it becomes confusing. Just something to keep in mind.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Valter, I like the wording better. I already made a pull request, but I updated code to use the new wording for next time. I agree, with too many options it may also become a pain because you have to edit each character sheet and select the ones you want, so it's a good idea to try to avoid a lot of options. I'm thinking of also adding default values, so on the campaign page a GM can select default options instead of having to edit sheet. From what I've read, it should be possible. 
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I like the campaign age idea myself,

Edited 1550046539
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
MadCoder: Need to make sure that Combat roll template includes the Weapon notes for attacks and Damage notes for the damage rolls. Also you might want to try double columns in some of the templates or else the results get long. Even using the default roll template, I was able to make the results in columns thus making the output shorter. I wish I could show examples but like most others I am unable to post images int he forums anymore.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Mike. I noticed the new Weapon and Damage notes. When using the attack skill, I include the weapon notes. When using the damage roll I include the Damage notes. If it makes sense, I could make sure to include both weapon and damage notes on both rolls.  Yes, it is very difficult to post images to this forum, I have to try several times before an image finally uploads. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
MadCoder said: Thanks Mike. I noticed the new Weapon and Damage notes. When using the attack skill, I include the weapon notes. When using the damage roll I include the Damage notes. If it makes sense, I could make sure to include both weapon and damage notes on both rolls.&nbsp; Yes, it is very difficult to post images to this forum, I have to try several times before an image finally uploads.&nbsp; I know the image upload feature bug seems to be a "dead horse", but perhaps you could throw a console log or two at this post&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7169022/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7169022/</a> &nbsp; to help get it squashed... ;-)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the link Vince, I was trying to look for a message thread on the bug. I found some request issues with Amazon aws, I posted some info there.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
The latest updates are now live. Flight Bug I noticed a bug with the flight move, it wasn't rounding down. That is fixed for the next release. I also noticed there may be confusion with the Air move column if the character does not have enhanced flight move, it will show something like Air None (0) encumbrance = 12/0 . I updated the view to just show&nbsp; Air None (0) encumbrance&nbsp;= 12. Damage Type for Rolltable Template Also, you may notice the damage type notes are wrong for the damage type. That's because I had to add a hidden field that contains a number for damage type. To fix it, you have to change the damage type to something different and change it back, then damage type and notes will show correctly when clicking the damage roll. I'll look into adding code that will update the damage type automatically when the character sheet loads for the next release.&nbsp;
Just got to play around with the updates a bit, pretty cool. The damage type behaves as described. Really nice to see these additions. To keep on the subject of physical feats, I find that the Lifting and Moving table is quite wasteful when it comes to space. Maybe it wants a close relative next to it? Namely the Throwing Distances. Just a suggestion.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Valter, Throwing Distance is a good idea.&nbsp;