Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[GURPS] - Sheet #1 - Thread 1

MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bob G said: The import function only works with the GCA creator not the GCS one yet. That's correct. I started working on GCS yesterday. I decided to use the export from Fantasy Grounds PC...
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well drat! What version of XML is this supposed to import before converting to a json?
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey, I am suspending development of my group's GURPS sheet. I'd like to share what I have done on mine to help the team continue development the GURPS #1 sheet.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ said: Hey, I am suspending development of my group's GURPS sheet. I'd like to share what I have done on mine to help the team continue development the GURPS #1 sheet. I have a fork if you like to use that.  MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets: Character sheet templates created by the community for use in Roll20. (github.com) SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ said: Well drat! What version of XML is this supposed to import before converting to a json? The current importer is for GURPS Character Assistant. It has a generic XML data export.
Found another instance of the white on yellow stuff, using the Fabric sheet style. 
I'm just starting a GURPS campaign. I feel like there are tons of features here I don't know how to use or just don't know about. I'm looking for features built into the sheet along with compatible API scripts. I'd love to do a little bit of work up front to save time later. What's the best way to learn about all of this?
Jay Sprenkle said: This should help: Launch your game. Go to the 'collections' tab in the upper right corner of the screen. Check the option "  Show macro quick bar?" Below your avatar at the bottom left of the screen you'll see a translucent grey box. This is the macro bar. Open a character sheet and find the dice icon you use to roll a skill. "Drag" the icon with your mouse onto the macro bar. Rename and organize your buttons as desired. Shaun said: Hello everyone, my players continue to request/mention they would like a "simplified combat tab" option I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding here. The combat tab, prior to an update several months, ago had the entirety of what is currently the "Defense", "Melee", and "Ranged" sub-tabs, all on one combat tab. A user would simply scroll past the defense section to get to the melee section, and beyond that to the ranged section. This was useful for some characters, or some players, based on varying preferences, and character load-outs. For example, I was able to see the entirety of my Defense skills and Melee skills (or alternatively; my melee skills and ranged skills) without moving or clicking so much as muscle. I absolutely did not need to click between tabs that have a noticeable delay. Instead I now have the noticeable delay, and a large amount of effectively unused space. I understand that the change is probably great for some people, but it was also not great for some other people. Which is why I'd like to ask for the ability to set specific character sheets back to the previous layout of the combat tab. So each user can choose the style that best suits them.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Mirithindor said: Jay Sprenkle said: This should help: Launch your game. Go to the 'collections' tab in the upper right corner of the screen. Check the option "  Show macro quick bar?" Below your avatar at the bottom left of the screen you'll see a translucent grey box. This is the macro bar. Open a character sheet and find the dice icon you use to roll a skill. "Drag" the icon with your mouse onto the macro bar. Rename and organize your buttons as desired. Shaun said: Hello everyone, my players continue to request/mention they would like a "simplified combat tab" option I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding here. The combat tab, prior to an update several months, ago had the entirety of what is currently the "Defense", "Melee", and "Ranged" sub-tabs, all on one combat tab. A user would simply scroll past the defense section to get to the melee section, and beyond that to the ranged section. This was useful for some characters, or some players, based on varying preferences, and character load-outs. For example, I was able to see the entirety of my Defense skills and Melee skills (or alternatively; my melee skills and ranged skills) without moving or clicking so much as muscle. I absolutely did not need to click between tabs that have a noticeable delay. Instead I now have the noticeable delay, and a large amount of effectively unused space. I understand that the change is probably great for some people, but it was also not great for some other people. Which is why I'd like to ask for the ability to set specific character sheets back to the previous layout of the combat tab. So each user can choose the style that best suits them. Thanks Mithrindor,  I created a task to add an option to have a Combat that combines defense, melee, and ranged attacks. I already started working on an import for GCS, which take a few weeks to complete since I can't work on it full time. After the GCS import, I'll pull that task up for the next set of version updates. Combat Tab - add option to select individual or combined defense, melee, range tables · Issue #262 · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: Found another instance of the white on yellow stuff, using the Fabric sheet style.  Thanks Jared! I created to fix that bug. Ken

Edited 1614880468
Boifubá said: How can do a macro to make all players roll perception? The easiest way is to just write a macro that calls each of your players' characters perception roll buttons. Something like this oughta do the trick: %{Tom|vsPer} %{Dick|vsPer} %{Harry|vsPer} Keep in mind that calling these rolls all at once will cause them to all use the same modifier value that's entered - you won't get prompted multiple times. (Obviously, replace "Tom", "Dick", and "Harry" with your actual players' character names) This is great and way simpler than what I was doing before. Before I hit the roll button on each character sheet and then hit the up arrow to copy that huge wall of text. I love how simple this is, but I don't understand where we're getting this syntax "vsPer". How can I translate this to roll for other traits such as Health, skills, etc.? I tried the same syntax but "vsHealth" and "vsHT" but those just spat the text out instead of calculating it.
Sometimes I'll add a skill and there'll be a red box highlighting it. What's up with that?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
MCoorlim said: Sometimes I'll add a skill and there'll be a red box highlighting it. What's up with that? Hi MCoorlim,  I have been able to figure out why that happens, it is very annoying. According to some of the forums it appears to be a Roll20 issue and seems to happens to other sheets. There's a previous set of comments on the thread regarding the random rows. But I do plan on investigating more.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Philip W. said: Boifubá said: How can do a macro to make all players roll perception? The easiest way is to just write a macro that calls each of your players' characters perception roll buttons. Something like this oughta do the trick: %{Tom|vsPer} %{Dick|vsPer} %{Harry|vsPer} Keep in mind that calling these rolls all at once will cause them to all use the same modifier value that's entered - you won't get prompted multiple times. (Obviously, replace "Tom", "Dick", and "Harry" with your actual players' character names) This is great and way simpler than what I was doing before. Before I hit the roll button on each character sheet and then hit the up arrow to copy that huge wall of text. I love how simple this is, but I don't understand where we're getting this syntax "vsPer". How can I translate this to roll for other traits such as Health, skills, etc.? I tried the same syntax but "vsHealth" and "vsHT" but those just spat the text out instead of calculating it. Hi Philip W. Finding the syntax requires looking at the HTML of a button.  Right-click on the character sheet, directly on the button, and click Inspect . A developer tool should popup and the button is highlighted.  Look for the field that looks like name="roll_vsST" The part you want is right after roll_ . In this case vsST , which is the unique name for the Strength roll button.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Philip W. said: I'm just starting a GURPS campaign. I feel like there are tons of features here I don't know how to use or just don't know about. I'm looking for features built into the sheet along with compatible API scripts. I'd love to do a little bit of work up front to save time later. What's the best way to learn about all of this? Hi Philip W.  There was another person I was working with that was writing up documents for how to use the sheet and it would have been available on Discord, unfortunately he's currently not available. There is a roll20 wiki page for GURPS but it's not update and combines both GURPS sheets, so it really helpful. Here's a brief introduction.  The first thing to be aware of is the sheet isn't designed to be a Character Builder, especially since that would violate rules for Roll20 and Steve Jackson games.  If you're a GM become familiar with the campaign setting options and the character sheet options. The character sheet options can be found by opening the character sheet, clicking the Gear icon. There are tabs for Sheet Option and Rule Options. There's also a tab for importing characters from GCA.  Most of text that is red in color have a tooltip. A number of tooltips include macro tips, such as how to use the Strength attribute for damage. All the visible input values have a hover state, it uses the built-in html tag called Title . When you hover over an input field you'll see the macro name for that input. If you click on the Updates tab, this shows the updates that have been made since 6/2/2020. If you're interested in using a custom rolltable for your macros, see the notes for Version: 2.5.3 There is a importer for GCA, Steve Jackson's paid character creator. Go to the gear icon on the character sheet and click the import tab.  I'm about half-way through GCS importer, a free version.  If you see an arrow, that means the section can be expanded to show more information.  Most fields have a modifier input. This allows you modifier a trait or skill based on special rules. It should be used for permanent affects, like weapon bond, talent modifiers, magic bonuses, etc.  There's an optional toolbar and dialog box to help with applying roll modifiers. These can be turned on by using the campaign setting options or the character sheet options. The dialog box can be pretty helpful to new players who want to see the different options for combat. 
Hi MadCoder,  Thanks for the incredible character sheet! I just tried the Melee Attack Modifier Tool for the first time today, and noticed what appears to be a bug. " Mighty Blow 1 FP per attack. +2 Damage or +1 per die! " appears in the output regardless of whether it's selected or not.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Alex A. said: Hi MadCoder,  Thanks for the incredible character sheet! I just tried the Melee Attack Modifier Tool for the first time today, and noticed what appears to be a bug. " Mighty Blow 1 FP per attack. +2 Damage or +1 per die! " appears in the output regardless of whether it's selected or not. Thanks Alex. A. I created a task to fix the issue.
Again, such great work on this sheet. Looking at the attributes in the General tab, I noticed that the hovertext for Unstun shows modifiers for High and Low Pain Threshold, although those modifiers only apply to the roll to avoid  knockdown and stunning, and do not apply to rolls to recover from a physical stun. Even if they did, it lists the modifier for LPT as -3 instead of -4. KDown's hovertext lists the correct modifier for LPT. Additionally, both the Unstun and KDown hovertext could use the modifiers for (Very)(Un)Fit like the hovertext for Unc. and Death have, although I realize the listed modifiers weren't exhaustive for those anyway. I hope this helps!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin S. said: Again, such great work on this sheet. Looking at the attributes in the General tab, I noticed that the hovertext for Unstun shows modifiers for High and Low Pain Threshold, although those modifiers only apply to the roll to avoid  knockdown and stunning, and do not apply to rolls to recover from a physical stun. Even if they did, it lists the modifier for LPT as -3 instead of -4. KDown's hovertext lists the correct modifier for LPT. Additionally, both the Unstun and KDown hovertext could use the modifiers for (Very)(Un)Fit like the hovertext for Unc. and Death have, although I realize the listed modifiers weren't exhaustive for those anyway. I hope this helps! Thanks Justin S.! That helps a lot. I created a task to fix it.
Importing from GCA not working. Not sure what it is, but after minutes, the "processing" does not go away. It imports stats/attributes and race...but no other advantages, disadvantages, quirks, skills, spells, or equipment. Tried it using both export filter.gce and text layout.gce, and with Export XML file checked. Ran it through&nbsp; <a href="https://jsonformatter.org/xml-to-json" rel="nofollow">https://jsonformatter.org/xml-to-json</a>. &nbsp;Any help would be appreciated.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
The Fabulous Iron Chef said: Importing from GCA not working. Not sure what it is, but after minutes, the "processing" does not go away. It imports stats/attributes and race...but no other advantages, disadvantages, quirks, skills, spells, or equipment. Tried it using both export filter.gce and text layout.gce, and with Export XML file checked. Ran it through&nbsp; <a href="https://jsonformatter.org/xml-to-json" rel="nofollow">https://jsonformatter.org/xml-to-json</a>. &nbsp;Any help would be appreciated.&nbsp; Thanks for letting me know The Fabulous Iron Chef. Here's a previous forum post that should help with finding the issue. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9831502/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9831502/</a>
Hi! I have issues with importing a character sheet through your importer. When I put all the information from .json file in the text box it just simply says " Invalid JSON Data. Cannot read property 'Author' of undefined" &nbsp; and that's it! No processing at all!! Please help
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Gata said: Hi! I have issues with importing a character sheet through your importer. When I put all the information from .json file in the text box it just simply says " Invalid JSON Data. Cannot read property 'Author' of undefined" &nbsp; and that's it! No processing at all!! Please help Hi Gata, A user on discord was also having some issues, which is probably the same issue that&nbsp;The Fabulous Iron Chef may be having. The discord user provided me some error messages and an xml file. I have a fix ready and will push it tonight. Hopefully that will work for you. Thanks!
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi everyone,&nbsp; Version 2.6.6 just launched. This addresses possible issues with importing GCA characters.
Got it! That's exactly what I needed thanks so much! MadCoder said: Philip W. said: Boifubá said: How can do a macro to make all players roll perception? The easiest way is to just write a macro that calls each of your players' characters perception roll buttons. Something like this oughta do the trick: %{Tom|vsPer} %{Dick|vsPer} %{Harry|vsPer} Keep in mind that calling these rolls all at once will cause them to all use the same modifier value that's entered - you won't get prompted multiple times. (Obviously, replace "Tom", "Dick", and "Harry" with your actual players' character names) This is great and way simpler than what I was doing before. Before I hit the roll button on each character sheet and then hit the up arrow to copy that huge wall of text. I love how simple this is, but I don't understand where we're getting this syntax "vsPer". How can I translate this to roll for other traits such as Health, skills, etc.? I tried the same syntax but "vsHealth" and "vsHT" but those just spat the text out instead of calculating it. Hi Philip W. Finding the syntax requires looking at the HTML of a button.&nbsp; Right-click on the character sheet, directly on the button, and click Inspect . A developer tool should popup and the button is highlighted.&nbsp; Look for the field that looks like name="roll_vsST" The part you want is right after roll_ . In this case vsST , which is the unique name for the Strength roll button.
MadCoder said: Philip W. said: I'm just starting a GURPS campaign. I feel like there are tons of features here I don't know how to use or just don't know about. I'm looking for features built into the sheet along with compatible API scripts. I'd love to do a little bit of work up front to save time later. What's the best way to learn about all of this? Hi Philip W.&nbsp; There was another person I was working with that was writing up documents for how to use the sheet and it would have been available on Discord, unfortunately he's currently not available. There is a roll20 wiki page for GURPS but it's not update and combines both GURPS sheets, so it really helpful. Here's a brief introduction.&nbsp; The first thing to be aware of is the sheet isn't designed to be a Character Builder, especially since that would violate rules for Roll20 and Steve Jackson games.&nbsp; If you're a GM become familiar with the campaign setting options and the character sheet options. The character sheet options can be found by opening the character sheet, clicking the Gear icon. There are tabs for Sheet Option and Rule Options. There's also a tab for importing characters from GCA.&nbsp; Most of text that is red in color have a tooltip. A number of tooltips include macro tips, such as how to use the Strength attribute for damage. All the visible input values have a hover state, it uses the built-in html tag called Title . When you hover over an input field you'll see the macro name for that input. If you click on the Updates tab, this shows the updates that have been made since 6/2/2020. If you're interested in using a custom rolltable for your macros, see the notes for Version: 2.5.3 There is a importer for GCA, Steve Jackson's paid character creator. Go to the gear icon on the character sheet and click the import tab. &nbsp;I'm about half-way through GCS importer, a free version.&nbsp; If you see an arrow, that means the section can be expanded to show more information.&nbsp; Most fields have a modifier input. This allows you modifier a trait or skill based on special rules. It should be used for permanent affects, like weapon bond, talent modifiers, magic bonuses, etc.&nbsp; There's an optional toolbar and dialog box to help with applying roll modifiers. These can be turned on by using the campaign setting options or the character sheet options. The dialog box can be pretty helpful to new players who want to see the different options for combat.&nbsp; This is a great rundown. I'm especially interested in the template. Is there a list of templates and their syntaxes compatible with this sheet?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Philip W. &nbsp;said: This is a great rundown. I'm especially interested in the template. Is there a list of templates and their syntaxes compatible with this sheet? Here's the generic roll template. Rolltemplate for Macros Example Macro &amp;{template:macro} {{templateType=dnd5e}} {{sheetStyle=4}} {{roll=[[3d6]]}} {{target=[[13]]}} {{title=Drake}} {{subtitle=Attacks Orc}} {{Damage=[[1d6-1]] crush}} {{Location=[[3d6]]}} {{Note=Groin shots don't count}} {{desc=**Roll** HT-2 to avoid stun. If stunned roll HT each turn to recover.}} templateType = basic | dnd5e | pathfinder. sheetStyle = #. Matches the Sheet Style drop-down option on the character sheet. 0 = Green 1 = Blue 2 = Beige 3 = Gray 4 = Classic White 5 = Pastel Pink 6 = Pastel Earth 7 = Purple 8 = Fabric title = Main title subtitle = Sub Title desc = Description, full-width, placed at the bottom of the template. roll = Macro for making a die roll. target = Skill level for the die roll. If it exists in the macro, then it will appear to the right of the roll result. All other properties will be automatically added to the template as key/value pairs. Key = Label, Value = displayed in second column. Example: {{note=This is a test}} note &nbsp;is the&nbsp; key &nbsp;and would populate the first column. This is a test &nbsp;is the&nbsp; value &nbsp;would populate the second column. Important &nbsp;The key would need to be a single word, no spaces. Here's a file for the main roll template that all the roll buttons use. This has a lot of parameters; it might be better to go with the generic roll template <a href="https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnMvSmU-IUW2jJsp-Eip6ahs8bFMhQ" rel="nofollow">https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnMvSmU-IUW2jJsp-Eip6ahs8bFMhQ</a>
Trying to create a Macro for roll a detect lies for GM only view.&nbsp; /w gm %{Tom|vsskillName Detect Lies} only this doesn't seem to work. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong.&nbsp;
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bob G said: Trying to create a Macro for roll a detect lies for GM only view.&nbsp; /w gm %{Tom|vsskillName Detect Lies} only this doesn't seem to work. Anyone see what I'm doing wrong.&nbsp; HI Bob G,&nbsp; Skills are more of a pain since they are located on a repeating table. You either need to use the id of the row or use a row number. Below is link to help explain. Macros – Roll20 Help Center Here's an example macro to roll detect lies. It's on the repeating_skills table and it is row #8 (note: counting starts at 0). This macro has a downside that if the skill is moved to a different row, it will no longer work. /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_$8_vsSL} Here's an example macro to select the Detect Lies skill using the row ID. You can view the row ID by expanding the additional information for a skill. This macro safe until the skill is deleted.&nbsp; /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_-m4vukmkde9-wgfl0vpd_vsSL} NOTE: You should be able to hover the mouse cursor over a field in a repeating table to see the repeating table name and the name of the field.&nbsp;
MadCoder said: Gata said: Hi! I have issues with importing a character sheet through your importer. When I put all the information from .json file in the text box it just simply says " Invalid JSON Data. Cannot read property 'Author' of undefined" &nbsp; and that's it! No processing at all!! Please help Hi Gata, A user on discord was also having some issues, which is probably the same issue that&nbsp;The Fabulous Iron Chef may be having. The discord user provided me some error messages and an xml file. I have a fix ready and will push it tonight. Hopefully that will work for you. Thanks! Hi, unfortunately new update didn't help with importing, it gives the same error message again, hopefully it'll be fixed though! Thank you for making this sheet for us
It might be a problem with one of the data files for GCA. I have found when I choose cyberware from the cyberpunk data file it causes errors in the import function. But when I recreate the cyberware in GCA it works fine. I think some packages just cause errors to occur.&nbsp;
MadCoder said: HI Bob G,&nbsp; Skills are more of a pain since they are located on a repeating table. You either need to use the id of the row or use a row number. Below is link to help explain. Macros – Roll20 Help Center Here's an example macro to roll detect lies. It's on the repeating_skills table and it is row #8 (note: counting starts at 0). This macro has a downside that if the skill is moved to a different row, it will no longer work. /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_$8_vsSL} Here's an example macro to select the Detect Lies skill using the row ID. You can view the row ID by expanding the additional information for a skill. This macro safe until the skill is deleted.&nbsp; /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_-m4vukmkde9-wgfl0vpd_vsSL} NOTE: You should be able to hover the mouse cursor over a field in a repeating table to see the repeating table name and the name of the field.&nbsp; Thanks that worked great. By the way anyone know how to delete a dice dragged shortcut? It doesn't have the delete button the macro version has.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Gata said: MadCoder said: Gata said: Hi! I have issues with importing a character sheet through your importer. When I put all the information from .json file in the text box it just simply says " Invalid JSON Data. Cannot read property 'Author' of undefined" &nbsp; and that's it! No processing at all!! Please help Hi Gata, A user on discord was also having some issues, which is probably the same issue that&nbsp;The Fabulous Iron Chef may be having. The discord user provided me some error messages and an xml file. I have a fix ready and will push it tonight. Hopefully that will work for you. Thanks! Hi, unfortunately new update didn't help with importing, it gives the same error message again, hopefully it'll be fixed though! Thank you for making this sheet for us Gata, Could you try following the steps in this forum post?&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9831502/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9831502/</a>
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Bob G said: By the way anyone know how to delete a dice dragged shortcut? It doesn't have the delete button the macro version has. Deleting sucks and not intuitive. It works by placing the cursor over to the right of the shortcut, it should have a grey area appear and the cursor becomes a set of crosshairs. Then drag the cursor to the virtual tabletop and release the mouse button. There is no feedback to let you know it's working until you release the mouse button.
MadCoder said: Bob G said: By the way anyone know how to delete a dice dragged shortcut? It doesn't have the delete button the macro version has. Deleting sucks and not intuitive. It works by placing the cursor over to the right of the shortcut, it should have a grey area appear and the cursor becomes a set of crosshairs. Then drag the cursor to the virtual tabletop and release the mouse button. There is no feedback to let you know it's working until you release the mouse button. Thanks that worked. Wow that really isn't very intuitive at all.&nbsp;
Is there any way to use the metric system with this sheet? Is it just a question of changing the base number of some macros (like Basic Lift to 10)? I love GURPS and I was really excited to see how complete this Character Sheet is, but then I saw that regardless of all the options available, there were none to switch to metric... I don't live in the US and it wouldn't make sense for my players to use imperial units (honestly, it shouldn't make sense to anyone these days, but that's a different topic). I even considered buying GCA to be able to import sheets directly, and even GCA has the metric option. Any help here?
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
SirNigel said: Is there any way to use the metric system with this sheet? Is it just a question of changing the base number of some macros (like Basic Lift to 10)? I love GURPS and I was really excited to see how complete this Character Sheet is, but then I saw that regardless of all the options available, there were none to switch to metric... I don't live in the US and it wouldn't make sense for my players to use imperial units (honestly, it shouldn't make sense to anyone these days, but that's a different topic). I even considered buying GCA to be able to import sheets directly, and even GCA has the metric option. Any help here? Hi SirNigel,&nbsp; I created an issue for adding a metric option and I was planning on adding it after I finish the GCS importer. I did get burnt out from programming for work and the sheet, in addition to playing some other games, so I take a break. I'm going to bet back to finishing the GCS importer next week, I'm hoping to get it finished in about two weeks, then I'll start adding requested features. If you're interested, here's a link to the github tasks that I have created so far. Issues · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com)
Thank you so much for such a quick reply! It's great to know that this idea is on the backburner for future development, even if it's still unavailable! It's also great to know that you'll be finishing the GCS importer, since I use Mac and Linux and have grown fond of GCS and was sad that we still couldn't import from there. I completely understand getting burned out and needing to take time off from such things! It's pretty amazing how much work you've already put here and it's even more amazing to see that you're still up for the task of making this amazing sheet better and better. I'll probably use Gurps Calculator initially to facilitate GMing and Character management while those tools come online, but I'll be following the development eagerly! Afterwards it should be easy to import the sheets and resume playing fully inside Roll20! I apologize for being completely stupid with scripts and coding and not being able to offer any help myself... Thanks once again for your work and for replying! MadCoder said: SirNigel said: Is there any way to use the metric system with this sheet? Is it just a question of changing the base number of some macros (like Basic Lift to 10)? I love GURPS and I was really excited to see how complete this Character Sheet is, but then I saw that regardless of all the options available, there were none to switch to metric... I don't live in the US and it wouldn't make sense for my players to use imperial units (honestly, it shouldn't make sense to anyone these days, but that's a different topic). I even considered buying GCA to be able to import sheets directly, and even GCA has the metric option. Any help here? Hi SirNigel,&nbsp; I created an issue for adding a metric option and I was planning on adding it after I finish the GCS importer. I did get burnt out from programming for work and the sheet, in addition to playing some other games, so I take a break. I'm going to bet back to finishing the GCS importer next week, I'm hoping to get it finished in about two weeks, then I'll start adding requested features. If you're interested, here's a link to the github tasks that I have created so far. Issues · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
SirNigel said: Thank you so much for such a quick reply! It's great to know that this idea is on the backburner for future development, even if it's still unavailable! It's also great to know that you'll be finishing the GCS importer, since I use Mac and Linux and have grown fond of GCS and was sad that we still couldn't import from there. I completely understand getting burned out and needing to take time off from such things! It's pretty amazing how much work you've already put here and it's even more amazing to see that you're still up for the task of making this amazing sheet better and better. I'll probably use Gurps Calculator initially to facilitate GMing and Character management while those tools come online, but I'll be following the development eagerly! Afterwards it should be easy to import the sheets and resume playing fully inside Roll20! I apologize for being completely stupid with scripts and coding and not being able to offer any help myself... Thanks once again for your work and for replying! MadCoder said: SirNigel said: Is there any way to use the metric system with this sheet? Is it just a question of changing the base number of some macros (like Basic Lift to 10)? I love GURPS and I was really excited to see how complete this Character Sheet is, but then I saw that regardless of all the options available, there were none to switch to metric... I don't live in the US and it wouldn't make sense for my players to use imperial units (honestly, it shouldn't make sense to anyone these days, but that's a different topic). I even considered buying GCA to be able to import sheets directly, and even GCA has the metric option. Any help here? Hi SirNigel,&nbsp; I created an issue for adding a metric option and I was planning on adding it after I finish the GCS importer. I did get burnt out from programming for work and the sheet, in addition to playing some other games, so I take a break. I'm going to bet back to finishing the GCS importer next week, I'm hoping to get it finished in about two weeks, then I'll start adding requested features. If you're interested, here's a link to the github tasks that I have created so far. Issues · MadCoder253/roll20-character-sheets (github.com) You're welcome SirNigel, it was great to hear from you.
FatPob
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi CharacterSheet Folk I really like the character sheet, playing gurps again after a [3d6] year break.&nbsp; &nbsp; I have the first session under the belt, put together a load of macros and tables and it went relatively well.&nbsp; However I could not find of show the players where all the reaction Roll modifiers are. I created the characters with GCA - and there is a nice box showing the mods - I couldn't find a button or area with Reaction Rolls or the mods.&nbsp; Did I miss it?
First of all, I would like to thank each person who contributed to the maintenance of this sheet. But I want to especially thank Mike and MadCoder, who gave their blood for this sheet. I love this sheet, and thanks to you I can play GURPS in all its glory and complexity. I have been using this sheet for over 2 years. But only now did I take the courage to help and contribute to this sheet. I actually wish I did that last year. However, it was not an easy year for me. To begin, I intend to translate the sheet into my language. This will help a lot of new players as well as players who don't know the basics of English. I have already noticed that a few words on the sheet have already been translated. And I've even seen some layout problems due to translation. I know that translation will cause a lot of layout problems, and I intend to report these visual bugs. I don't know much about CSS, but I can try to help if I have to. I have several doubts and suggestions, but I will be posting little by little so as not to overwhelm you or me. I'll take it one step at a time. One more thing. I noticed that Mike has not interacted in the Forum for a long time. He is fine? Did he leave the project in the hands of MadCoder? Then that's it. Thank you very much. : D
I recall seeing a place to indicate the Fit advantage that automatically gives a +1 to all HT rolls. Is that on the sheet or do I need to manually upgrade every HT roll?&nbsp;
Philip W. said: I recall seeing a place to indicate the Fit advantage that automatically gives a +1 to all HT rolls. Is that on the sheet or do I need to manually upgrade every HT roll?&nbsp; Fit doesn't improve skill defaults that use HT, though.
That is correct. I take it there is not a place to apply Fit to *most* HT rolls then? Just modify it manually each time? PL M. said: Philip W. said: I recall seeing a place to indicate the Fit advantage that automatically gives a +1 to all HT rolls. Is that on the sheet or do I need to manually upgrade every HT roll?&nbsp; Fit doesn't improve skill defaults that use HT, though.
There is a "Mod" column in the attributes page that I find does the trick for Fit &amp; Very Fit. If you find the section for "Unstun, K Down, Unc, Death", you can drop in the +1/+2 there, and you should be golden.
Sorry if this was already mentioned. The thread is kinda long to read it through. Between last time we played GURPS a couple of months ago, and today, the sheet had exhibited some weird red outliens in the skills tab, as demonstrated on the screenshot. Tested on Firefox and Opera. Same issue.&nbsp;
Vladimir R. said: Sorry if this was already mentioned. The thread is kinda long to read it through. Between last time we played GURPS a couple of months ago, and today, the sheet had exhibited some weird red outliens in the skills tab, as demonstrated on the screenshot. Tested on Firefox and Opera. Same issue.&nbsp; This happens here as well. I just delete the red outlined skill and add it again. Works for me.
I know I'm picking at an edge case, but that doesn't quite do it actually. Fit/Very Fit actually gives a bonus to straight HT rolls (to resist afflictions, poison, even some spells) as well as Unstun, K Down, etc. so modding each sub HT category actually doesn't cover it all.&nbsp; I think the best solution is to Mod the actual HT trait... and then put a negative mod at Speed and Move (if needed) along with each HT-based skill. Not an elegant solution, but it does the trick. Would be great if there were a checkbox on the General or Traits tab for Fit or Very Fit, but that's a lot to ask for just 1 trait&nbsp;¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ian said: There is a "Mod" column in the attributes page that I find does the trick for Fit &amp; Very Fit. If you find the section for "Unstun, K Down, Unc, Death", you can drop in the +1/+2 there, and you should be golden.
Vladimir R. said: Sorry if this was already mentioned. The thread is kinda long to read it through. Between last time we played GURPS a couple of months ago, and today, the sheet had exhibited some weird red outliens in the skills tab, as demonstrated on the screenshot. Tested on Firefox and Opera. Same issue.&nbsp; It happens to me too. When I researched this problem, I found this post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3109697/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/3109697/</a> . Items are outlined in red because IDs are broken for some reason. It is advisable to delete the items in red and create them again. *Edit: I also decided to include my print screen and the HTML section of the items. Note that the item uses the repitembroken class.

Edited 1620961515
Where can I find the row id for ranged attacks? I see the reference skill row id, but can't seem to find the ranged attack row id? Skills are more of a pain since they are located on a repeating table. You either need to use the id of the row or use a row number. Below is link to help explain. Macros – Roll20 Help Center Here's an example macro to roll detect lies. It's on the repeating_skills table and it is row #8 (note: counting starts at 0). This macro has a downside that if the skill is moved to a different row, it will no longer work. /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_$8_vsSL} Here's an example macro to select the Detect Lies skill using the row ID. You can view the row ID by expanding the additional information for a skill. This macro safe until the skill is deleted.&nbsp; /w gm %{Karl Kolchak|repeating_skills_-m4vukmkde9-wgfl0vpd_vsSL} NOTE: You should be able to hover the mouse cursor over a field in a repeating table to see the repeating table name and the name of the field.&nbsp;