Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Option to block player access to NPC attributes

Edited 1534272177
I would like to propose an option to block player access to attributes for unowned characters (ie. NPCs). This is somewhat parallel to this suggestion where they would like to have attributes hidden from players on their character sheets. I am specifically looking for a toggle in game settings that just doesn't allow players to see or access them from Roll20 Macros, which opens the opportunity for players to exploit the game by querying NPCs for information like the following example and mentioned in this previous post . I understand that this is sometimes considered a social contract not to expect your players to do this. But at the same time, I think the system should provide the opportunity to block this information from being access by players also. I'm not asking to block it completely, but only to provide an option to. I understand some people like the ability to automate combat using these values and would want to continue to honor that. Probably going off topic a bit, but it would be nice if the players didn't have access to their own in game Monster Manual when they are not the GM as well. /w PlayerName &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Status}} {{name=@{target|character_name}}} {{description=**Bar 1:** @{target|bar1} / @{target|target|bar1|max} **Bar 2:** @{target|bar2} **Bar 3:** @{target|bar3} ----------------------------------------- **CR:** @{target|npc_challenge} **HP:** @{target|target|hp|max} **AC:** @{target|npc_ac} ----------------------------------------- **STR:** @{target|strength} (@{target|strength_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_str_save} **DEX:** @{target|dexterity} (@{target|dexterity_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_dex_save} **CON:** @{target|constitution} (@{target|constitution_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_con_save} **INT:** @{target|intelligence} (@{target|intelligence_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_int_save} **WIS:** @{target|wisdom} (@{target|wisdom_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_wis_save} **CHA:** @{target|charisma} (@{target|charisma_mod}) **Save:** @{target|npc_cha_save} ----------------------------------------- **Senses:** @{target|npc_senses} **Immunities:** @{target|npc_immunities} **Resistances:** @{target|npc_resistances} **Vulnerabilities:** @{target|npc_vulnerabilities} }}
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .