Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7e & D&D 5e OGL Character Sheet Mashup

Hi All, I've been playing a lot of D&amp;D and Roll20's OGL sheet is pretty sweet.&nbsp; I'd love to see something similar for running Call of Cthulhu. Of course, even though there's no Compendium (yet?) for CoC, the thing I miss the most when using Cthulhu vs. 5th Edition D&amp;D is the NPC character sheet.&nbsp; (Printed) Cthulhu scenarios and campaigns always have NPC character stat blocks, so I've attempted to adapt the OGL NPC sheet for Cthulhu use.&nbsp; It's nowhere near perfect, but just wanted to put it out there, get some feedback.&nbsp; The code is a bit messy at the moment, but I've successfully combined the 7e CoC sheet and the 5e D&amp;D sheet into one.&nbsp; I'll attach some images of the work I have done so far. Here's the main Call of Cthulhu character sheet, with the tabs from the 5e OGL sheet added: I've moved all of the backstory to the "Bio" page: I kept the "Spells" tab and made it a larger repeating area for 'Tomes, Spells, and Artifacts' (WIP): NPC Options Screen: And finally, the "finished" NPC Character Sheet: I've also modified the roll template to support the npc_name_flag and whisper roll to GM functionality: I've still got a lot of work to do - renaming things, changing the behavior of weapon rolls, adding repeating custom skills/language skills, support for the old &amp; new roll types.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm learning the internals of these sheets as I go, so I've left a lot of cruft around as well, I'm sure. Here's the code that I have at the moment:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/JamesAlday/Call_of_Cthulhu_7e_NPC" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/JamesAlday/Call_of_Cthulhu_7e_NPC</a>
i am using this sheet and love it thank you. Question though.&nbsp; beside&nbsp; the stat or skill is two boxes. the bottom one rolls %dice the top one rolls two sets of dice. Can i ask what is the purpose of that second box?
Hi Jerry.&nbsp; I did not create the character sheet. The code I'm linking to is a modification of the original Call of Cthulhu character sheet (the one you get by choosing Call of Cthulhu 7e in the character sheet drop down).&nbsp; According to the notes on that sheet: "BONUS/PENALTY Dice rolls - Grey Button is for current Roll template (it rolls normal, 1 bonus, 2 bonus, 1 penalty, 2 penalty dice and shows all results), Green button is for new smaller (only normal roll) template."
thank you
That's a fantastic idea, kudos. Just a quick question though. Could i use the sheet in my game, if i just copy the Raw code from your github link and paste it in the custom sheet tabs in my game? I tried it today and the Sheet was all red, broken and not usable. I honestly didn't expect anything because i literally copied and pasted it. I would be really really amazed if i could use it in my game, since me and my player weren't really satisfied with the normal character sheet for cthulhu. - Cheers

Edited 1535397015
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ruben, you should be able to do that. When a sheet is red, broken, and unusable it often means you need a&nbsp; translation sheet as well. Copy the contents of the translation.json file to that translation tab.
Thanks for the advice ( nice name btw. XD ). I already added the html, the css, and the translation via copy and paste. Now i at least understand what the translation files is for and how it sorta works (? i guess ?) although it stilll doesn't work. The best i can describe my problem would be that the sheet doesn't use the translated names for the values, only the names used for the code. If i would help i could post a picture.
Thanks for checking it out.&nbsp; It's a bit of a mess, really :)&nbsp; My first intention was just to stick the NPC sheet into the CoC sheet, but then there were other bits in the D&amp;D sheet I decided to play around with, so it could use some cleaning up.&nbsp; I haven't fixed the "weapons" section for NPCs, and I'd love to fix NPC skills to allow extra skill slots, etc. Can you take a screenshot of what the sheet looks like to you?&nbsp; It sounds like you're just missing translations, but it's also possible that the translation file is missing some translations?&nbsp; Again, it's a mashup of CoC/D&amp;D and what I thought were the relevant bits while I was messing with it. Once I get it to a state where I feel comfortable with it I'll try running a game with it.&nbsp; I don't have a dedicated CoC group right now, so I wouldn't want to foist something so experimental on a new group/one-shot.&nbsp; If you've got a group who's willing to try it I'd love to hear your feedback!
Here you go my man. I'm playing the WW2 addon thing: "Achtung! Cthulhu" with my long time buds right now and we've been using the normal Cthulhu sheet for the campaign. I think they'd also be happy to switch to your sheet when you feel it's complete.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
From your screenshot it appears the translation file is missing or malformed... I would double check that you have properly copy(raw text) and pasted the translation json in it's entirety.&nbsp;&nbsp;