Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question in Regards to Hosted Modules

I have a physical copy of The Curse of Strahd, but I was hoping to host my game using Roll20's services for ease of use, but I was hoping to not have to buy a digital copy through them in addition to the physical copy I already have. Is there any way to get authorized for that pending actual proof of my copy?
As far as Roll20 is concerned, the physical copy is completely unrelated to the digital. You cannot get authorization. However, you're more than welcome to scan your own and import it yourself.

Edited 1534639695
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Digital content is a separate product when compared to the physical item.   What you are paying for is many, many hours of developers assembling the various pages, handouts, characters, dynamic lighting (if you have a Pro or Plus subscription), etc.  It's comparable to having the book a movie is based on: the content is mostly the same, but the format and presentation is different.   Audio books and physical books might be an even better comparison. There is nothing stopping you from doing the uploading and setting up based on what you already own. Purchase of the Roll20 material is just a matter of convenience and time saving.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Paeton S. said: I have a physical copy of The Curse of Strahd, but I was hoping to host my game using Roll20's services for ease of use, but I was hoping to not have to buy a digital copy through them in addition to the physical copy I already have. Is there any way to get authorized for that pending actual proof of my copy? As someone putting stuff up on the Marketplace for sale, and someone who also sells PDFs of games on other platforms, there is just as much time and effort spent preparing the materials for the different formats as each other.