Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting vs Movement Restriction

I am new to the site and have no experience with writing scripts or how to begin to get into that. I am trying to set up a campaign and found that the dynamic lighting is amazing but its really two functions made into one that I would think would be much better separated. I have a fallen column on my map which would restrict movement and upright columns that should block light. The problem is neither would really do both but I am forced to choose one or the other. I have read there is already a script made for this and was wondering if that is the case if we could get just a dumb dumb version for the rest of us. I feel it would be best to just make two layers movement restriction layer and then dynamic lighting layer. That way I can make both layers if needed or just one or the other. Or perhaps add a different type of line be it a special color system or a different button on the existing layer. I think this would be an amazing addition and really make the game play even more realistic. I hate not using a feature because it does too much.
Have you seen this thread&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242655/dynamic-lighting-one-sided-dynamic-lighting" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1242655/dynamic-lighting-one-sided-dynamic-lighting</a>

Edited 1534970922
yes but that was over a year ago and at this point probably not looked at by most. If its something you want implemented you can't just post about it once a year and hope that will get someones attention.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .