Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Instability of Video Chat

Over the last few months, we've had all sorts of problems with video chat. When it works, it works fine, but there's a lot of messing around trying to get things working when people first join. If someone drops out for any reason (screen readers seem to have difficulties with Roll20, requiring a reload at least once an evening), then we're back to trying to get things working again. Generally, we find we have to hit 'Reconnect' multiple times before everyone can see and hear each other. Hit 'Reconnect', and you might be able to see two people, but the third can't be heard or seen. Maybe you have to try it again, or they do, but you might lose someone else in the process. After enough rounds of this, eventually it's working for everyone. But it's a process that can take 5-10 minutes sometimes to get right. I'm running Chrome 68.0.3440.75 (64 bit) on Ubuntu 16.04, others are using Chrome on Windows. I have a download speed of 60Mbps, and upload of 17Mbps. At least one other person has comparable speeds, since we're in the same house. Log at the following link: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRYPNFuVn_cEu-JlR_y7q6yWJkUopoF7/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRYPNFuVn_cEu-JlR_y7q6yWJkUopoF7/view?usp=sharing</a>

Edited 1535057070
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the log, Samuel, those really help. I'm going to move your post into the dedicated bug report thread for audio/video , for higher visibility.