Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Map Movement

I have been working on a campaign and making maps which is a lot of fun, but one of the issues is the restriction to map size. The size that you can make the maps is plenty large but if you make anything over the small visible map size when you start it becomes problematic. You are left with two choices play zoomed out which loses some of the feel of being in the dungeon etc and tokens become smaller infinitely really, or you have to constantly scroll the map to maintain vision of the token and its vision. I don't know how difficult it would be I am sure quite but there should be an option to toggle on and off auto follow of a selected token. That way while moving around the map it moves seamlessly with the selected token as you go. This would GREATLY enhance what could be done on maps, map sizes, and even how you make a campaign. Instead of multiple really small caves, or a map per room (seems the best route to keep visual appeal and less frustration) you could really dive into building an actual dungeon or castle or cave system. I don't know if this has been suggested I am sure it has but thought I would put my two cents in lol.
Spren
Sheet Author
I like this idea. It would make moving around for the players much more immersive. +1
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .