Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Decks not displaying correctly

So when I try to show either the default playing card deck or a custom one I made, all that shows is a collapsed box that expands when you hover on it but doesn't display any cards. Sometimes it will display the shuffle button and allow me to scroll. I think its an issue with my game itself and not a browser issue because I get more or less the same thing when I test it in Edge or Firefox, and decks work normally when I tried in the Tutorial game or with a brand new game. I have not yet tried deleting all of my decks because there doesn't seem to be a way to get the default playing card deck back if I do so.
The box is actually intended to represent a deck of cards. The expansion, if you look closely, is intended to represent one of those cards being pulled out of the deck partway. The image seen is whatever you set the back of the deck to look like. The intended use is to either 1) Click on the expanded bit to draw a deck into your hand (player avatar), for future play. 2) Click and drag the card onto the tabletop for immediate play. It takes a little getting used to but I believe it is working as intended. If you still can't get it working right, let us know! Also, yes, if you delete the playing cards deck there is no way to get it back. (The Transmogrifier, a PRO level perk, would allow you to copy it from another game into this one.)
Right, and I see how it works on a test game. In my main game though, when you click to show a deck the box that appears is empty. There's no card images and no buttons. I've tried changing the card back image, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Edited 1535840167
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jake, That's definitely not looking right. Before I pass this up to a dev, c ould you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox . (Edge is not supported, but please verify with Chrome.) Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Try to grab the console log after failing to properly display a deck. Thank you!
(I'm submitting my console log via pastebin because I keep getting an error when I try to post otherwise.) Hi Keith, Thanks for the reply. I just tried again in Firefox, and then in Chrome with cache cleared, extensions and plugins disabled via command line switches, and windows defender firewall and antivirus disabled. Problem persists, so here's step 4: A detailed description of the issue. The more information you can give us, the better able we'll be to fix the issue promptly! Decks do not display correctly in my primary game. Clicking the show deck button creates a collapsed box in the lower right corner of the window. Hovering on this box expands it into a blank panel, with no card backs visible. Sometimes, I can see either the shuffle button or the other deck controls. When this happens, clicking deal will allow me to distribute cards to players, which seem to function normally. Right now its only displaying the blank panel, so I'm not able to deal at all. In the settings, there is an image set for deck backs, and changing the image does not fix the problem. New decks and the default Playing Cards deck are all affected. Issue persists if I am logged in as GM or as a player. This issue only affects my primary roll20 game which was created in 2015, and any copies of it I made (backups when I was experimenting with Pro and other sheet types). Brand new games are unaffected -- when I create one, decks function normally. This leads me to believe that something in my game got corrupted. Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue. 1. Launch my "Adventures in Phandalin" (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/527009/CzBiDA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/527009/CzBiDA</a>) game. 2. Switch to the collections tab. Click the Show button on the playing cards deck. 3. Tiny white square will appear in the bottom right section of the map (this isn't visible against a white background). Hover to expand the empty cards panel. Your computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is Support Details): Windows 10 (64-bit) Chrome 68.0.3440.106 Javascript is enabled Windows Defender (Firewall+Antivirus) A Console Log from the moment you logged into the page through when you encountered the issue. <a href="https://pastebin.com/NgwEaipE" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/NgwEaipE</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Jake. I have passed this info on to the devs. Stand by. :)
Thank you for all of this information Jake! I have created a ticket for the devs to have a closer look and figure out what is going on in the game.