Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Official Bug Thread

Has anyone figured out a way to get all the NPCs off of GM rolls only?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
GM - This can be changed under the Game Settings page in your game :)&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20_Character_Sheet_Default_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#D.26D_5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20_Character_Sheet_Default_Settings</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
GM - Apologies, I have been informed that even on a fresh install, the Game Settings are not updating. I have escalated this to Dev to see what's happening on the back end.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Jackson P. &nbsp;said: So I don't know if this is a bug per se, but I think this is the best place to put it. On Jarlaxle's NPC sheet on Waterdeep Dragon Heist it does not show his Legendary Actions. I tried uploading the module again and it does not work. Does anyone have a fix/know what the actions are? Thanks!
Thanks Keith! keithcurtis said: Reported Elsewhere : Jackson P. &nbsp;said: So I don't know if this is a bug per se, but I think this is the best place to put it. On Jarlaxle's NPC sheet on Waterdeep Dragon Heist it does not show his Legendary Actions. I tried uploading the module again and it does not work. Does anyone have a fix/know what the actions are? Thanks!
In the Vault of dragons, the descriptions for V2 and V4 are swapped.
Could you please add the PC version of the Waterdeep map, so I can show my players.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Derek Z. said: Could you please add the PC version of the Waterdeep map, so I can show my players. I think you’ll find the Waterdeep map page has all the locations on the GM layer. If you rejoin as a player, you will see it appears as the player map.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Loren! Yes Derek, all the locations are on the GM Layer, so they remain secret to the players until the GM moves the names to the Map Layer (Or Token Layer)
Hello, any update on the Whisper rolls only issue?
Zane C. said: Hello, any update on the Whisper rolls only issue? It's still broken but if you choose 'Whisper Toggle' and save in Game Settings, then apply it to all the tokens ticking the 'Whisper rolls to GM' option under 'Apply default settings' in-game, it sets all the rolls to be visible in chat. There was mention of an up-coming patch a few weeks ago, is there any ETA for it?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch will be implemented in the next 24 hours, thank you all for your continued feedback and bug reports!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patching has been completed! Dragon Heist Patch 1.2 Maps Many tokens updated to link correctly to their respective handouts. Trollskull Alley T7 marker added to map. Scaling information approximated for Waterdeep Map Area J27 added to Autumn Ship Maps Handouts Zhentarim Hideout location clarified in Chapter 1. Kolat Towers location clarified in Manshoon's character description. Trollskull Alley handout updated to correct typos. Vault of Dragons Area V2's Crumbling Bridges description has been moved to area V4 Various handout references fixed.&nbsp; Bestiary / NPCs Poltergeist link removed from Spectre Corrections made to Urstul Floxin's stat block. Jaraxle's sheet updated with Legendary Actions Additionally, all rollable tables have been sorted in each addon and the main module for ease of use. Please continue to report any bugs or missing content.&nbsp; Happy gaming!
Thanks Trivia, appreciate all your efforts!
Question about the scale of both the Trollskull Manor and Trollskull Alley maps.&nbsp; Presuming the grid scale for the Manor is correct, and sized for characters/tokens (1 square = 5 feet)&nbsp; The scale in the book for Trollskull Alley seems to be twice as large (1 square = 10 feet) which would make the house twice as big.&nbsp; So I'm presuming that's an error in the source book.&nbsp;&nbsp; With that in mind, how should the scale settings be for the Alley map?&nbsp; Seems like it should be set to double the number of units on the map (72 x 48) rescale the map image to fill the new area, with scale set to 5 ft = 1 unit, and grid set to 1 unit.&nbsp; That way both the building size and player tokens are the correct scale. Can someone check my math / settings?&nbsp; It seems to be working for me.
In the&nbsp;Volo's Waterdeep Enchiridion tab, the "Surviving the City" page just doesn't load at all tried it in different games but to no avail.
Duø said: In the&nbsp;Volo's Waterdeep Enchiridion tab, the "Surviving the City" page just doesn't load at all tried it in different games but to no avail. I think this might be a problem on your end friend, that particular page loads fine for me.
Hi everyone. New DM that is finally diving into the deeper features of roll20 so I apologize if this is a dumb question or in the wrong section. I am prepping the Dragon Heist modules and I noticed that on the Zhentarim map page&nbsp; the only light sources appear to be some rats up at the top right corner. Is this accurate? I'm fumbling my way through the dynamic lighting and want to make sure I'm understanding it all correctly. Thanks
Jer said: Hi everyone. New DM that is finally diving into the deeper features of roll20 so I apologize if this is a dumb question or in the wrong section. I am prepping the Dragon Heist modules and I noticed that on the Zhentarim map page&nbsp; the only light sources appear to be some rats up at the top right corner. Is this accurate? I'm fumbling my way through the dynamic lighting and want to make sure I'm understanding it all correctly. Thanks What you're seeing is the GM's view of the rat tokens set to have 30 ft of sight (their darkvision). If you left click the token and open up the edit token button, go to the Advanced tab and you can see the 30 in the light radius box. The 'All Players see Light' check box isn't checked so there's no light being emitted from the tokens. So both floors are in total darkness. The fact there is no light sources downstairs for the Kenku who lack darkvision is a bit of a mystery.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Jace! - We had the same pondering about the Kenku while putting in the tokens for that area....;)
I may just be missing something but all of my PC tokens can only been seen by the players in the map tab and not the token tab. They are also not able to move their tokens even though they are assigned in order to be edited and moved by them.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Trey- Apologies on the long wait in getting back to you -&nbsp;Trollskull Alley should be 10 ft. per square, Trollskull Manor is 5 ft. per square. It's bigger on the outside!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nathan - Are you still experiencing issues with your party tokens? :)
I normally don't experience noticible lag when using dynamic lighting but the Xanathars Guild Hideout map just CHUGS on my pc despite not having a very complicated lighting setup. Much more complicated maps are working buttery smooth but that one just jerks and lags horribly. Any ideas on what might be causing this?&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Monique - If there are many creatures with Darkvision, that can cause an issue on maps that are otherwise lag-free. If there are any creatures who you no longer need to have darkvision, deleting them (or removing the darkvision) may be helpful. Let me know if that helps!
In the Summer Adventure add-on in Encounter 8: Courthouse under False Captain it has a link that is supposed to refer to "The Watch Arrives" from Chapter 1: Zhentarim Hideout, but instead it directs to "The Watch Arrives" from Chapter 3: After The Blast.
I can't seem to find the addon feature to add villians and seasons
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Michael K. said: I can't seem to find the addon feature to add villians and seasons They are on your main Game Details Page. Try this link for info on how to access:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Michael - were you able to get them added in OK? :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Patch Day! Version 1.3 All 10 and 20 ft maps have been updated for future ruler fixes Summer handout link has been updated
I can't seem to find the lair's from chapters 5 to 8 (like Xanathar's Lair). Can anyone please tell me where to find them? They ultimately are part of the adventure...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Moonstr3ngth said: I can't seem to find the lair's from chapters 5 to 8 (like Xanathar's Lair). Can anyone please tell me where to find them? They ultimately are part of the adventure... From the top post: Where are Chapters 5-8? Each chapter is a season, so Chapter 5 is in the Spring addon, 6 in the Summer, and so on. As each chapter is season specific, we have separated them into their own addons.&nbsp; This was to keep the size of the module manageable.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Correct Keith! We also wanted to cut down on confusing or unusable text when running each season. For example, there are 4 different versions of the Alley, and having 4 different pages for that may be confusing or unweildy while running the game :)
Once a group is done with a season, how do you add the next season to the game?
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The seasons aren't designed to be run in order. Each campaign assumes the DM will choose one season to run. That said you can add all the add-ons to a game, it just will create lots of semi-duplicate maps (they have different NPCs depending on the season the map is designed for).
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Loren is correct! Each season is one "version" of the game, unless the GM would like to piecemeal content together into a homebrew game. If that is the case, the GM should be able to add in all 4 addons to get all the content at once in a game, but that isn't recommended outside of that circumstance.
Moving report here: tobloef &nbsp;said: In the Sewer Plague handout it says (emphasis mine): "At the end of each long rest, an infected creature must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the character's exhaustion level decreases by one level. If a successful saving throw reduces the infected creature's level of exhaustion below 1, the creature recovers from the disease." In the DMG, which the adventure references, it says: "At the end of each long rest, an infected creature must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the character&nbsp; gains &nbsp;one level of exhaustion. On a successful save, the character's exhaustion level decreases by one level. If a successful saving throw reduces the infected creature's level of exhaustion below 1, the creature recovers from the disease." So perhaps that part of the handout should be replaced by the description in the DMG?