Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Session 52 - When we last left our heroes...

Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
So I'm pondering some time passing as we start up session 52. Not a LOT of time, but enough for some 'never seem to get to it' thing to ... have been gotten to. * Some Ponies working a command center out of the Quill Compound (with Maury acting the Oracle for Radiance's Stephanie Brown?) - maybe a newly melded hero team there. * News of newly active superhero teams (or new members of existing teams, hello HHL) is now two weeks old, with attendant and now-well-known reactions from our team. * Maybe a couple of local World Wounds patched up, with possibly some blowback on Charlotte. Or not. Maybe a love-letter to see how that's going. We'd be a couple weeks into the Odd Couple Apartment. Harry'd be dealing with several weeks of subtle-and-less-so angling by his parents to decide about the HHL. Certainly some other stuff.  THoughts, further suggestions, and reactions welcome.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Doyce T. said: * Some Ponies working a command center out of the Quill Compound (with Maury acting the Oracle for Radiance's Stephanie Brown?) - maybe a newly melded hero team there. I was hoping to have Summer confide in Nono before this chain of events happened, and it seems inevitable she'd find out if it went forward. If you want to see this happen soon, can we either have their talk happen briefly in a session, or have me write something up on forums for it? Sounds good otherwise, I'm interested to see what's going on in the supers landscape.
I'm down for this sort of status quo shakeup and then finding out what that means.
I know I've been playing a bit fast and loose with sequencing and intervals post-dance, so I'm completely cool with this.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I didn't write a continuation past  Otto's date with Mary , though I did bring up what's going to happen with the big suit Leo made for her. He knows Rook has been after his tech and is unlikely to ship some of it off to another city with a civilian, no matter what his bro thinks. So there's a few options, some of which are relevant to this thread. "It's cool but it's not me". The suit goes in storage, Mary goes home, and it'll be here when she gets back and wants to hang with Otto at his scale. The cleanest wrap-up of their story, and there's now a long-distance relationship for two NPCs to figure out. "I understand the danger". She likes having that physical power and being well matched with Otto, and promises Leo she'll work to be worthy of the suit some day soon. Meanwhile, she's going back home to figure things out with whatever family/friends she has there. The option where Leo (as well as Jason) are equipping new potential heroes, but happens down the road in our narrative. "I'm gonna make this work". She stays (or resolves to visit more often), and try to be a hero alongside Otto. There's some fallout from family/friends, which some of our PCs might need to help sort through. The equipping-heroes option, but brings her in as an active NPC sooner. If the HHL/JHHL shakeup includes some kind of group of people with tech instead of innate powers, this is one way to do it.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bill G. said: Doyce T. said: * Some Ponies working a command center out of the Quill Compound (with Maury acting the Oracle for Radiance's Stephanie Brown?) - maybe a newly melded hero team there. I was hoping to have Summer confide in Nono before this chain of events happened, and it seems inevitable she'd find out if it went forward. If you want to see this happen soon, can we either have their talk happen briefly in a session, or have me write something up on forums for it? Sounds good otherwise, I'm interested to see what's going on in the supers landscape. So I'm thinking about putting together some "time passes" style Love Letters, directly pointed at some of the playbook facing GM moves (I need to see if the Scion has similar GM moves listed anywhere). How would it feel if I folded the Nono reveal in there (if I can manage it) and we can roll right from the letter to the scene (or vice versa)? (idea I just had: framing the Nono conversation as a flashback, so the pony-quill involvement is established, but how the situation stands with Nono isn't until we play out the flashback?)  I'm also going to ask around the table for thoughts on how various things are going that aren't touched on by the love letter, but that will likely be scenes during play. 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
All of this sounds good to me.
THREE HOURS TO ...

Edited 1536631758
Just scribbling some notes here, Alycia things that should probably have happened over the two week jump: Living with Summer . Alycia's probably chatted with Leslie (likely in passing). Both young women are kind of stand-offish, so if it happened while Summer wasn't around, it was probably cool but civil. "Thanks for letting me crash here." "No problem. Rent's due on the 15th."  (This is beyond the quasi-canonical "cosplay" cartoon.) Alycia's likely met with Parker at least a few times (at a mimimum weekly). Topics probably include (1) the living arrangements (and Parker's consideration about new intel access regarding Summer), (2) the Menagerie leadership vacuum, (3) the Menagerie's new base. Alycia is not going to be enthusiastically compliant about this. [There's also Scion Respect stuff going on here.] The chat with Daph . The chat with Otto . Setting up an evening schedule for vigilante activities . The chat with the fugitives .  Some after-school explorations of the Grove -- learning its parameters from a scientific perspective. No, we're not paranoid. Wait, yes, we are. A date or two with Jason. Maybe including that visit to Les Miz . The dates have been ... enjoyable. Interesting. As they still feel their way (interrelationship-wise) around each other. Jason has learned so far not to press Alycia about accepting more help than she's willing to take, but there's still some tacit pressure going on there. (Alycia has a conversation about the fugitives that she wants to have with him; it may not have happened yet.) Some research into Jason . Oh, there also need to be some Scion stuff for Tatanka and Newhart.]