Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

unable to hide or reveal areas in Redbrand Hideout

The whole map is revealed and when I try to hide the areas manually or black out the whole map for the players it just doesn't work.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you are in GM mode while viewing it, it will be slightly greyed out but still viewable. Select a token and ctrl+L to see what a player sees. Is it still revealed?
I was logged into another account so I can show the battlemap on my large screen while I DM at my laptop and I couldn't hide anything. Thank god I was setting up and double checking before my players arrived. I just pulled out the dry erase board and hand drew the map going room to room. The tv was what the players and I could see in real time moving around tokens but I couldn't hide sections of the map like I can in other areas to reveal as we went
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Checklist of questions: So you had a second account set up as a viewer for the players? That account was not promoted to GM status? Fog of War was turned on in the page settings? You were revealing areas from the GM account? Could you, as the GM see a shaded area indicating which areas were supposed to be hidden? And the second account never hid any areas?
It wasn't letting me turn on fog of war but it is now
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
So is everything running properly now?
looks like it