Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

SOOO Frustrated with Dynamic Lighting

Edited 1536893799
OK. I have spent about an hour trying to figure out why dynamic lighting is not working the way I expect it to.... First time trying to use it and I see a number of other folks have had difficulty as well but the solutions offered to them don't seem to be working for me. Please Help! :( Here are my current settings:
Based on those settings I expect the token I created to test this out to be able to see as though in dim light (like 5e darkvision) for 40 ft and have a very small ball of 'full light' centered on the token.  This is what I see when I am logged in as DM but when I switch to player view the screen is just black.
You don’t happen to have an old layer of fog of war on the map? That one fooled me in the past.
Possibly. How could I tell.. fog of war is turned off...
Just to be sure: Is the player ribbon on the same map? 
Is the token on the GM layer?
Token is on the "Objects and Tokens" layer where a PC token would normally go. Player ribbon is not on the same map, does it have to be for me to test this?
When loading in as a player you will automatically be taken to the page marked with the ribbon. So if you are testing Dynamic Lighting as a player you will want to be sure to move the ribbon. Llewinidas said: Token is on the "Objects and Tokens" layer where a PC token would normally go. Player ribbon is not on the same map, does it have to be for me to test this?
That fixed it! For pete's sake... Thank you!