Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Discussion forums, pages

Hey Team, I have been a frequent user of discussion forums and a number of different types of online posting, and I see some improvement options that could easily and quickly be implemented with a bit of code tweaking. My idea for this is to add pages to the different forums. I'm sure that every person here has been in a thread with more than 20 replies. If any of the replies are lengthy or TLDR, it can cause a long, never ending page. To change this, how about limiting the thread to be no more than 20 replies, and after 20 replies it creates a new page in the forum. IE. A forum has 73 replies to it, the page currently will take forever to view all of them. Under the revision, you would enter the forum and see only 20 replies. However, there would be a section that says Page and lists the number of pages in the forum. So a forum with 73 replies would have 4 pages with the last page having only 13 posts. Maybe there was a reason for not having a page option, but as a user, I would like to see some pages.

Edited 1393535523
I second that. Seems sensible enough

Edited 1394152751
Is there a way to subscribe to your campaign's discussion forums? It would be nice to be able to set a preference for receiving email notification of either "any new activity" or "new posts only". edit: nevermind, I found it under "My Account" settings
There was an earlier suggestion (now closed) to allow searching a specific forum. That would be a nice feature.