Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sort search results in forum by date

Using the search function in the forum is horribly frustrating. It doesn't matter what you're looking for, all the results appear in random order. And since you've used the search function, the last post date also doesn't show. Meaning you have to click on every single result to find recent posts. Let's be real, who wants to dig though 4 year old posts when you're searching for players or other time sensitive things? Please make it so the search results show the most recent posts first. Because at the moment it makes more sense to use the browser search function...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While a permanent solution would be ideal (100% agreed!), here is how I always suggest papering over the cracks :) Ziechael  said: Heres a way around it until such a time as it is a burnt in feature: The current search system seems locked on 'relevance'. I find that using google you can narrow results to more appropriate time scales and specific systems: site:roll20.net looking for players 3.5e  
That's one solution, for sure. Will keep that in mind until this is fixed (if it is fixed). So thanks!
I second this.  The native search function here is largely useless.  It returns results in no apparent order and they cannot be sorted.  I searched LFG for a specific game system and the first result was 4 years old.  The next result was 6 months old.  And you have to click reach result to find out how old it is...
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .