Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Initiative And Item questions

So I'm just barely getting Into API. Finally have abit of free time and diving into it and i'm really liking it.&nbsp; 1) One of the things i've searched for and I personally am missing an answer for about GroupInitiative API and how to create a macro that'll Add all selected objects to the turn order but use "SPEED_Stat" Instead of rolling the random d20. See I GM PTU (pokemon Tabletop United) And instead of a D20 for initiative we use the speed stat. This is what I have thus far for just Single initiative /em @{selected|token_name} [[@{selected|SPEED_Total}&amp;{tracker}]] (which is very useful)&nbsp; &nbsp; but I'm trying to figure out how to combo this into GroupIntiative. using:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1908986/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1908986/slug%7D</a> &nbsp; Which just uses&nbsp; !group-init I'm sure it's fairly simple i'm just not getting it. &gt;&lt;;&nbsp; 2) My other question is if there's a scrip out there that does a custom Item storage or tracker etc. I haven't really seen anything. PTU sheets have an item storage that is fairly.. Well no one in my group likes it so we're just using handouts to keep track of items. which is fine but not ideal compared to something you can just tap into and press enter etc. Suggestions would be great ^^&nbsp;
For groupinit, you first need to remove any bonus stat groups with: !group-init --del-group &lt;index&gt; Where &lt;index&gt; is the bonus stat group number i.e.&nbsp; !group-init --del-group 1 Then add a new bonus stat group with: !group-init --add-group --bare SPEED_Total|max Last step is to set the roller option to&nbsp; Constant-By-Stat&nbsp; using the help &amp; conifire options&nbsp; !group-init --help&nbsp; This tells groupinit to enter initiative as a base attribute without a roll.&nbsp; Hope this helps!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wow, thanks Mike!&nbsp; I'd actually forgotten about Constant-By-Stat part. =D
Thanks Guys ^__^ Got the Intuitive to work.&nbsp; For some reason i had to delete ALL the other Groups before it would work proper 0_o but worked after i did that.&nbsp;

Edited 1539903297
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That makes sense, it applies groups in order and takes the first one that returns a value.&nbsp; Back in the days before Character Sheets were on Roll20, you could check for the existence of an attribute and use that existence to determine if a rule should apply.&nbsp; With Character sheets, every attribute is pretty much always defined, so that schtick doesn't work as well.&nbsp; Anyway, glad you got it working!
Huh. Cool.&nbsp; Yeah thanks again man ^__^&nbsp; Now to find a better Inventory Script if there's one out there~ lol.&nbsp;
Mr. NumNums said: 2) My other question is if there's a scrip out there that does a custom Item storage or tracker etc. I haven't really seen anything. PTU sheets have an item storage that is fairly.. Well no one in my group likes it so we're just using handouts to keep track of items. which is fine but not ideal compared to something you can just tap into and press enter etc. Suggestions would be great ^^&nbsp; What kind of items do you want to track?&nbsp; Do you want to track weight of items, or just who has what?&nbsp; A simple solution would be to use custom card decks to stand for items, but if you have a lot of items to track, this can be cumbersome.&nbsp; I used a Graphic Inventory Manager for a while, but it is quite a bit of work to get set up, and you have to have it open as its own separate campaign.&nbsp; I think I eventually moved to a Slim version of it, but haven't used either in a while, so I can't tell you if they are still working.&nbsp; Both of them required that I get assistance to get them working, and I don't know if the authors are even active here anymore.&nbsp; But, if you decide to use one of them, I'll help as much as I can to get you started. EDIT: You might have better luck starting a separate thread for the Inventory question, since it's hard to tell that's what you're looking for from your post title.
Gozer the Gozerian said: What kind of items do you want to track?&nbsp; Do you want to track weight of items, or just who has what?&nbsp; A simple solution would be to use custom card decks to stand for items, but if you have a lot of items to track, this can be cumbersome.&nbsp; I used a Graphic Inventory Manager for a while, but it is quite a bit of work to get set up, and you have to have it open as its own separate campaign.&nbsp; I think I eventually moved to a Slim version of it, but haven't used either in a while, so I can't tell you if they are still working.&nbsp; Both of them required that I get assistance to get them working, and I don't know if the authors are even active here anymore.&nbsp; But, if you decide to use one of them, I'll help as much as I can to get you started. EDIT: You might have better luck starting a separate thread for the Inventory question, since it's hard to tell that's what you're looking for from your post title. Ok Good Idea. I'll make a new thread. I'll look around at the slim version in the mean time as well ^^&nbsp; Really just want something like this: Weapons Healing items ^ but without having to open the handout. Go to edit mode. Save it. Than close it. Simply click. press items in. go.&nbsp; But yeah i guess it might be a sheet problem. But that's why i was trying to see if there was something out there or not. Not a huge deal.&nbsp;
If it's just weapons and healing items, and you don't need to track weight or anything, I think cards would be the best bet for you.&nbsp; Make a deck of Weapons, and a deck of Healing Items, and let them draw the items they need when they get them, and discard them when they use them.
Well Etc. So pokeballs, TMs, misc items, held items etc etc. lol And the number of each one they happen to have and the item description. &gt;&lt;; It adds up pretty large after a few sessions.&nbsp;