Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

/w gm does not work if there is a link macro in the wisper

Edited 1544537036
So I have a macro that is working fine &{template:default} {{name=?{Creature Name}'s ?{Attack Name}}} {{attack=[roll attack](!
/roll 1d20 + 0?{attack bonus})}}{{damage=[roll damage](!
/roll ?{damage})}} But when I add /w gm in front of it. Or when I call it in the chat as /w gm #Prepare-Creature-Attacks . I get: There was an error with your formula. Please try again. Is there any way I can run this macro with clickable roll links in it without the players seeing it? [EDIT] The roll command after clicking the link, the players are supposed too see, I just don't want them to see the link.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Try /w gm &{template:default} {{name=?{Creature Name}'s ?{Attack Name}}} {{attack=[roll attack](!
[[ 1d20 + ?{attack bonus|0} ]]) }} {{damage=[roll damage](!
[[ ?{damage} ]]) }}

Edited 1544638086
Thank you Vince, that solved my problem. I needed to change the ? to '?' otherwise the intended behavior of setting up a link to do a roll with preset values is lost, but /w gm &{template:default} {{name=?{Creature Name}'s ?{Attack Name}}} {{attack=[roll attack](!
/em Attack: [[ 1d20 + ?{attack bonus|0} ]]) }} {{damage=[roll damage](!
/em Damage: [[ ?{damage} ]]) }} Does everything I need it to do.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sweet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Vince. I fiddled with this but could not tweak it properly. I'm going to close and resolve this thread, but Willem, feel free to open a new issue if there are any further difficulties.