Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

World of Darkness - Dice system

Is there an API that makes WoD dice rolling a bit cleaner? Right now a normal /roll 5d10 would sum it up, I am wondering if there is an API that deals with exploding 10s and count successes, etc.    
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This particular system question crops up quite often. Without using a script, you can do the roll something like /roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10>6sa This will give you an output that tells you the number of successes vs difficulty 6, and show the dice in ascending order. You can then see how many are 10s, and manually add +1 for each double. You can also check out the Power Cards thread, and ask there if anyone has a way to handle the special rule that applies on 10s. It hink it should be do-able, but I dont use Power Cards.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just spent the night creating a script for this. You can find it here .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sesserdrix, you may find some useful WoD info on  this page in the wiki .
GiGs said: I just spent the night creating a script for this. You can find it here . Wow! Amazing! Thank you very much! I remember playing around with the Genesys API a few times and it does a good bit to integrate the narrative dice system, so I was surprised to see there wasn't something similar for World of Darkness. Thank you very much for putting this together, works like a charm!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GiGs, would you consider adding the existence of your script (and link) to the wiki page I linked above? It might help other folks find solutions to their WoD problems. I can do it, if you'd prefer not to.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yay, glad you like it Sesserdrix. That's a good idea, Keith. I'll do that once I've woken up and have some time.

Edited 1548927663
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've still have my old script for rolling. It's inside this thread (the javascript):&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3323922/cwod-dice-roller/?pageforid=3323922#post-3323922" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3323922/cwod-dice-roller/?pageforid=3323922#post-3323922</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! I didnt realise someone had made a script already when I made mine. Are those success terms (Marginal, Phenomenal, etc) part of the rules, and if so what edition? Asking because I may incorporate them into my script. I played WoD way back before requiem, and don't remember such terms being used.