Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

[Script] D&D 4e Monster Importer

Will try to look at this on Monday.
I have the next four days off work thanks to some shift trades and working four days in a row myself. Will try to re-do the ability score generation part to make it more error-proof regardless of whether a monster is standard, new, or customized.
nice - looking forward to it HB!
I don't know if you're still active on this project at all but I'm getting this error TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null at Sandbox. (evalmachine. :79:78) at eval ( I've tried multiple monsters, always the same.
Dunno what to tell you. It works for me. =/
Unfortunate... I'll keep trying different things!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably one of the fields of the monster is empty, causing the regular expression not to match. Try a different monster. Maybe the one you are using is missing a field. If you post a link to the XML data I can try it tomorrow and see if it fails for me.
After reading earlier up there that old ddi didn't work I figured out that initiative and hitpoints for old ddi are slightly different than what you have... Just changed the old ddi file to match up to what you have and it worked!
Ah. Cool.