Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer Level Up Feedback Thread

Trying to level a Bard through Charactermancer, but when I get to magical secrets spell selection it only lets me choose through the Bard spells instead of any class.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Mobile feat selected does not add to base movement. 
I am trying to do Charactermancer for level 6 on character NOO in my Tomb of Annihilation game. When I click the "choose two spells' button, nothing happens. 

Edited 1550589689
Stabz
Plus
Levi W. said: Trying to level a Bard through Charactermancer, but when I get to magical secrets spell selection it only lets me choose through the Bard spells instead of any class. Stabz said: I am trying to do Charactermancer for level 6 on character NOO in my Tomb of Annihilation game. When I click the "choose two spells' button, nothing happens.  Has this issue been Identified by devs? I haven't seen it added to the class specific bugs. Also, is there a workaround? Anything I can provide to make it easier to identify?
I didn't see this mentioned in the thread already, but I recently leveled up my druid to level 2. Taking Circle of spores in Charactermancer, the headings for Halo of Spores and Symbiotic Entity show up, but no text is added. It could possibly be something that went wrong for me once, but possibly a bug.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, folks. I'm a bit behind testing and updating the Known Issues list, but be assured-- I've seen your comments and thank you for them.
Appreciate it! Having the level ability has made things much easier on my new players for sure.
I have a dwarf paladin in my game who cannot level up to 2. He selects the default HP (6), he chooses dueling as his fighting style, he selects bless as his spell, but when he clicks "apply changes" it freezes about 1/4 through. If you cancel the upgrade it shows that health increase is applied, but nothing else is. I've tried leveling him up and receive the exact same results. I have been trying to upload an image of each of these things but the forum freezes every time I try. Hopefully this is descriptive enough.
When leveling up more than one level at once I noticed it wasn't calculating HP correctly. This was for a Druid. Unfortunately I was having trouble figuring out what the cause of this was. As a Druid of the Land if you select the Grassland Circle it will only grant you Invisibility and will not give you the Pass without Trace spell. I'm not sure if there's a similar glitch with the other circles.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Elee, Was that for a hill dwarf? Was it calculating HP too high, too low? Not taking a bonus into account? Elee M. said: When leveling up more than one level at once I noticed it wasn't calculating HP correctly. This was for a Druid. Unfortunately I was having trouble figuring out what the cause of this was. As a Druid of the Land if you select the Grassland Circle it will only grant you Invisibility and will not give you the Pass without Trace spell. I'm not sure if there's a similar glitch with the other circles.
It was for a halfling. It was too low. I've been playing this game for a long time, and couldn't figure out exactly what the problem was. It didn't seem to be any one factor so it's hard to say.
Apologies if this is the wrong thread as this relates to creating a level 1 character, but the charactermancer does not add the gold gained from background equipment to the character sheet.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
For all backgrounds, Kev, or only some of them?  FYI: The Charactermancer Creator feedback thread is here . KevDM said: Apologies if this is the wrong thread as this relates to creating a level 1 character, but the charactermancer does not add the gold gained from background equipment to the character sheet.
I have noticed that on all of mine as well.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
@Stephanie B. This is a known issue. I posted about it in the Charactermancer thread 3 months ago.

Edited 1551557716
I'm also unable to use the Select 3 Cantrips button when trying to pick Pact of the Tome. Additonally, taking a Level 4 warlock and adding a level of Sorceror, it prompts me to add 8 cantrips instead of just 4! The spell slot calculation for that character is also now showing 2/2 for level 1 (correct) but 0/0 foir level 2 (should be 2 from the Warlock slots).

Edited 1552062214
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings everyone, I'm here to start compiling a list of Level issues and looking into doing bug fixes. What I'll need is the exact details of the character you're leveling as these will set the Mancer's conditions. If you could fill out this template that would be very helpful. Class(es) : Subclass :  Race : Level(s) :  Description of issue :  Being as detailed as possible is very helpful when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken & choices you've made will let me perform them in testing so I can replicate your scenario. Thanks. Druid, Grassland Spells Pass without Trace is fixed. Bard (College of Lore), Paladin lvl 2, and Druid (Circle of Spores) all have tickets added to my queue for further investigation. Halfing Druid HP issue I was unable to replicate. Need more details and filling out the template may help. Level 6 level up I'll need more details. Filling out the template above may help.
On tablet lunch level doent work when i click of Its does nothing

Edited 1552247783
Class(es) : Monk Subclass :  Race : Custom Level(s) : 1 Description of issue : Going to lvl 2 and no choices to be made so I hit apply changes and it stops at the building your character screen with the progress line at less than 1/4 finished.  
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Joris, The Charactermancer is not supported in the mobile apps. Joris . said: On tablet lunch level doent work when i click of Its does nothing
I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but here's a bug I found: Class(es) : Paladin, Warlock Subclass : Hexblade Race : Variant Human Level(s) : Paladin 1, Warlock 1 Description of issue : When running the Charactermancer to multiclass into Warlock, it gives me 4 cantrips instead of 2.
Moving report here: Nick  said: When getting to a lvl 4 character the feats dont show up in the charactermancer as an option, they are greyed out and you can only choose from the ability score increase. this has happened on more than one occasion and i cant explain it to players. can this be fixed? Nick was pointed to Known Issues in this thread and to follow it for updates. Keith H.  said: Nick raises a good point. The presence of the "feat" button suggests that support should be available. Until it is, can you please provide some sort of feedback to the user. I assumed that I had done something wrong and tossed my entire level upgrade and started over only to be stymied a second time. So then I tried a brand new character in my scratch world to see if it was only supported for characters which had initially been created using Charactermancer. All-in-all, the lack of UI feedback was a frustrating waste of my time, and doubtless of other users as well.
Moving report here: Nick  said: hi a player in my session built a ranger from the charactermancer and it tried to pick archery as their fighting style the global modifier doesnt have any values and i had to program that in manually. it should be +2 to hit when using a ranged weapon but instead it comes up blank with no values.  i want to let you guys know. i keep finding these bugs. 
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Josh & Shane for the reports. I'll look into these and add them to my bug list as needed.
Class(es) : Warlock Patron : Custom (The Raven Queen) Race : Half-elf Level(s) : Warlock 3 Description of issue : When running the Charactermancer and selecting Pact of the Tome as the level 3 Pact Boon, the button to select the spells does not work. We had to manually add each Cantrip to the sheet from the Compendium after applying the level.

Edited 1553643898
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the post Noxin! Updates done or coming soon: These fixes are either completed or will be coming as soon as they pass QA and get merged in on a code push Tuesday. Paladin fix where leveling from 1 -> 2 crashed after hitting apply button Bard College of Swords  fixed the fighting styles not populating in the drop dow menu Druid Circle of Spores  data fixed and they will now work with the Mancer. Cleric Order Domain  data fixed and they will now work with the Mancer.
I haven't seen the below noted anywhere, so forgive me if this is the wrong place. Class(es) : Any Spell Caster Subclass : Any Race : Any Level(s) : Only tested at level 7 Description of issue : When you get to the spell tab, you get the list of spells to choose from, which works as intended, but i have noticed that when you try and click the i icon next to the spell nothing will pop up, you can manually look in the window on the right and pick your class and find your spell.  But for some players this is tasking. I have also troubleshooted this in all 4 browsers IE/Edge/Firefox/Chrome, all with anything extra turned off.
this seems to be an issue with lvling up to lvl 2 with wizards to choose their school. it repeats the schools 4 times.

Edited 1555105817
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Updates Encode Thoughts  will now be selectable on level up if you are a Dimir Operative
Clicking the button for Warlock's Mystic Arcanum doesn't appear to do anything.  Possibly related, I am doing multiple level-ups at a time (joining a late-stage campaign and creating a level 15 character, so 14 level-ups at once).

Edited 1555727934
Class(es) : Sorcerer Subclass : Draconic Bloodline (Gold) Race : Half-Elf Level(s) : tested at levels 5 and 6 Description of issue :  Two issues: 1. 5th level sorcerer only gets to pick 4 spells. He should be able to pick 6. I upped him to 6th level, he got in total 5 spells, instead of 7. 2. Sorcerer -- Draconic Bloodline -- Elemental Affinity attack bonus of Charisma modifier is not being added to corresponding spells when attack rolling from the character sheet by clicking on the spell. In my case, with a Gold dragon background, that should be spells that deal fire damage. 

Edited 1556206515
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I apologized friends that I am behind on this thread! Its becoming a bit difficult to manage two threads so I will implore everyone to use the new D&D 5E by Roll20 Sheet v. 2.7 (Q2Y2019) . I will leave this thread open as I know some people will intuitively come into the bug thread. Noxin & Stephen, Thank you for the detailed reports! I have put in a tickets to investigate.  Nick, That is a known issue and one that properly irks me. Selecting any of the duplicates should provide the same functionality for the Mancer and its a just a particularly bothersome visual issue. Devin, Thanks for that detail list. I will add a ticket to look into this and get it updated soon.