Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Locations

Hello! I am not sure if I missed it somewhere, or maybe that is not even possible, but I was wondering if there is an API to help sort out locations? Right now it is very difficult to find a location in the location tab when your game grows wide and you have quite many of them. They are simply sorted out in one line at the top of your screen and sometimes it takes ages to scroll. Not mentioning the times when you kinda skip it by accident and need to scroll right and left for awhile before finding that club or basement! It would be so amazing if one could put locations in folders. For example: Entertainment, Nature, Manufactures, Offices and etc... And then you click on a folder, your locations of that type opens up, and you chose it, and move players. I kinda tried just prepping locations for specific scenes on specific day but that takes too much time every week and you not always know where your players will decide to go. Sooo... Does anybody know how to easy the prob with locations? Is there an API? THANKS. 

Edited 1547774825
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Booooo! There are several ways to tame the pages tab. Your idea of Folders is a highly-rated suggestion in the Suggestions forum. Until that becomes a reality the best solution I have seen is to install the Stylus ( not Stylish) extension for your browser. This will allow your browser to re-interpret the CSS styling of the pages tab. The upshot of this is that instead of one row of pages you could see two or three. Use this code: #page-toolbar {     height: 270px; } #page-toolbar .container {     height: 270px;     white-space: normal } #page-toolbar .height {     height: 270px!important } This gives two rows of pages. For every 130 you add to that 270 value, you will add another row of displayed pages. It takes a bit of practice to move them around confidently, since the tab isn't designed for it, but it will double or triple the number of pages viewable at any given time.
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will definitely try it out!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There is also the VTT enhancement suite which ads a lot to the site. I will send you a pm with the link as I'm no longer sure of what can be posted or not in the forums anymore.
keithcurtis said: Until that becomes a reality the best solution I have seen is to install the Stylish extension for your browser. Stylus is the extension that you want; Stylish does bad things to your privacy.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Stylus is the extension that you want; Stylish does bad things to your privacy. Good catch! That was copy-paste from before Stylish was outed.