Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Updated charactermancer selections?

Now that the charactermancer has been updated, would purchasing Volo's Guide to Monsters include all of the races, including the monsterous adventurer ones into the race selection, or would it still have to be done as a custom race, consulting the compendium? And if yes, have the races/classes from the other books on the marketplace also been added? If not, I am wondering if there is a way to add custom races/classes so that they show up in every player's charactermancer, so they don't each individually have to add it manually. I ask because I am intending on running an adventure of all-monster race players and I am just trying to figure out if there is any value in purchasing the book digitally(as I already own a physical copy).

Edited 1548217539
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Volo's Guide is not in the Charactermancer yet. Currently, the Charactermancer supports the SRD content, the PHB, the Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything.  Getting Volo's and Mordenkainen's into the Charactermancer is being actively worked on now, and should be added fairly soon. When they are added, anyone who already has purchased those compendium expansions will automatically get those options in the Charactermancer. There is not currently a way to make a custom compendium expansion, where you could add custom races and classes that could be shared among players. That's a popular suggestion in the Suggestions Forum, for which we are currently researching the best approach.
Thank you Stephanie!
Stephanie B. said: Currently, the Charactermancer supports the SRD content, the PHB, the Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica, and Xanathar's Guide to Everything.  Hi, Stephanie, so I have the PHB and Xanathar's Guide to Everything. But I still cant use Xanathar's Guide to create new characters in the Charactermancer I just see the PHB. As example I had a player trying to create a dwarf with the subclass Durgar but its not there just mountain and hill. Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Duergar is a race presented in Volo's Guide to Monsters, not a class, and not in Xanathar's Guide to Everything.