Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

question about premium content

Hello folks.  I have never purchased premium content and wanted to clarify something that I think I know the answer to.  I am considering buying the Dungeon of the Mad mage Bundle.  I assume that adventures like this are mostly "ready-to-play"? As the DM, I wouldnt have to make character sheet for monsters, write macros, draw dynamic lighting lines etc...?

Edited 1548599739
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's correct.  Dungeon of the Mad Mage, as an official 5th Edition DnD product, has all of the monsters included with tokens, all configured to the 5e OGL character sheet. 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
All the monsters listed in the module are already laid out in the various maps with everything setup (dark vision for those with a paid subscription), all the character sheets filled out, all the various handouts filled with the text from the module while being hyperlinked together. You will discover that none of the tokens are listed in your purchased art asset folder as they are only in this module. If you decide you wish to use the monsters in another game, you will have to use the character vault to move them (if you were pro, it would be transmogrifier).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Marketplace page can answer a lot of your questions, but in this case: This official Roll20 conversion includes: Every area of Undermountain converted for instant play, with support for Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War. Every NPC and Monster presented with complete character sheets, tokens, and 1-click actions. Art handouts to quickly show your players the creatures and magic items they encounter. Every piece of information from the book available in easy to search handouts. Bonus token pack  featuring additional art from the adventure to use in any of your games. Bonus map & card deck addon  of all the dungeons in the game and the Elder Runes and Secrets card decks. Create your own perils using the layouts from  Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage .
keithcurtis said: The Marketplace page can answer a lot of your questions, but in this case: This official Roll20 conversion includes: Every area of Undermountain converted for instant play, with support for Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War. Every NPC and Monster presented with complete character sheets, tokens, and 1-click actions. Art handouts to quickly show your players the creatures and magic items they encounter. Every piece of information from the book available in easy to search handouts. Bonus token pack  featuring additional art from the adventure to use in any of your games. Bonus map & card deck addon  of all the dungeons in the game and the Elder Runes and Secrets card decks. Create your own perils using the layouts from  Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage . I happen to find this with a little more searching after I posted.  I have very much enjoyed making maps(pages) for my groups adventures so far, but i dont think i would attempt to tackle an undertaking the size of Dungeon of the mad mage. :) 
thanks for the help folks