Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Create your own NPC sheet?

Edited 1549544189
So, I'm running two different D&D5e groups right now and still get request from total newbies about a test game. I decided that full D&D5e is way to much rules for people entirely new to role play. A little Google tickling brought forth something nice and simple: Dungeon Squad! This game is so nice and simple (especially made for kids) that even creating a charakter sheet was more fun than work. But now for my Question: D&D uses a nice, simplified NPC sheet with all the necessary info. Is there a way of creating your own NPC sheet too? That would come in really handy and would make life so much easier to concentrate on your new players instead of typing rolls. Anything I missed or simply not an available feature (yet)? Thanks for your answers, people!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As a Pro user, you can write your own character sheet. Of course, it does take some basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and probably Javascript, depending on what you want to do. The current sheets that appear to have two different versions for PCs and NPCs actually use CSS to switch the view; the data is largely the same. If the NPC sheet for D&D will work, you could try writing PCs using NPC stat blocks. This would be similar to the NPC Stat blocks from the Monster manual for things like Bandit, Apprentice Wizard, or Guard.

Edited 1549552355
Hi Keith, hm, so you say that an NPC sheet is basically the same sheet but just looks different? Since I do not know CSS very good, there is my first problem. Like I said, I'll need this for a Dungeon Squad! game that I will use to introduce absolute beginners to role playing. This will have nothing to do with D&D5e. If you are right and this can be achieved by HTML and CSS only, I'm in serious trouble as I have not even the faintest idea on how to switch between both designs.

Edited 1549553194
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks to be a very basic sheet (in line with it's very basic rules). Using existing simple sheets as a guide and a few basic html/css tutorials freely available online you'd likely be able to produce something useable easily enough. Failing that, the community here is awesome, patience may be required but some kind soul might pick this up a quick side project if you post a request here .
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you want to make a very simple and basic sheet, you can just setup all the text fields in the bio tab of the journal and just edit it. This turns the bio tab into a text copy of the sheet and you can just create some dice macros in the ability tab. There is no reason for you to go through the trouble of learning html and css for a very simple game system. If you are truly wanting an actual looking character sheet, take a look at the old Basic Fantasy sheet (1st version). It is nothing but text fields layed out in a specific format. There is no automation or anything. <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Basic%20Fantasy%20RPG/BFRPGsheet.png" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/master/Basic%20Fantasy%20RPG/BFRPGsheet.png</a>

Edited 1549556955
Thanks guys, but I think you get me wrong. I already made me a character sheet using my humble HTML skills. There seems to be already one online for Dungeon Squad! but a) its in English and I need it in German (My native language.) b) it has so much stuff on it that is not needed so I decided to make my own. Now, when I tried setting up my dungeon, I realized that monsters/NPCs seem to have different needs for their sheets, so I was looking for a way to get an NPC sheet into my game. If that only is achievable by using CSS, I'm done because I tried understanding CSS before and failed. And since CSS is "only" a way to format and display stuff, I have no idea how to distinguish between two different sheets. And just now, I realized, my sheet is way to basic, so I have to redo it as well... Damn! @Pat S.: That kind of sheet, I could put myself together, no problem. My question was if the was a way to create an additional NPC sheet!

Edited 1549560856
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You cannot create more than one sheet for a game.&nbsp; However, you can "fake" it by including a section for your NPC/Monster stats.&nbsp; Maybe some of those attributes can be shared with the PC stats, maybe not... You can also get fancy and either separate PC/NPC on different tabs or hide/show the sections all together.&nbsp; Yes, this will need some basic CSS skills.&nbsp; Lots of tab and hide/show examples on forums or the CSS Wizardry page. (more specifically: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Hide_Areas" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/CSS_Wizardry#Hide_Areas</a> )