Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two Factor Authentication

Score + 297
+1 Speaking for myself this should have been a factor from day 1.  Anything that requires transactions of monetary sums can and will have attempts on it to hack.  Incidentally this already happened, and the fact Roll20 has done nothing since that time astounds me.    It is my hope that the Ashton is right and something will be done.
Bumping this topic, as its implementation continues to be necessary. Likewise, we need an update.
From What I understand two Factor isn't all that much more Safe than what they have now. Not to mention there's not ALOT of reason for it on roll20 for individual accounts.
+1
+1
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
They've been researching how to do 2FA for 2 years now (July 21, 2021). This isn't a quality of life improvement. This is a security feature.

Edited 1699032903
2FA is the most significant security feature they could introduce in short order for us, and we're still waiting on it without any real update. I've dropped pro status over lapses in confidence evidenced by this thread and others where it is clear our votes don't actually mean all that much. Another telling thing is the partial UI refresh, where for years now, some pages have a nice up-to-date looking styling, and others have the older looking styling; it just feels like a whole lot is being thrown over the fence or left to rot, those being the examples that quickly come to mind. I'm happy to pay, but can't reward roll20 until there's some accountability and actual transparency introduced. Two years of no visible movement while researching a feature that I've implemented on numerous projects in a time-frame of several days to a few months depending on the complexity of the integration, well, it's not very compelling from an outside perspective.
Bloody hell. Nearly 4 years on....
Koloqial said: Bloody hell. Nearly 4 years on.... Sadly this is not even unique to this request.
And seeing how much SPAM there is nowadays here on Roll20 this needs to be implemented ASAP...
I think all of us should make anniversary posts here, commemorating their original replies in this tread each year. Mine will be in just short 2 months. 
My friend account got hacked two times... so yeah he really needs this
My account info for roll20 was found in a data breach (I've since changed the password, I use unique passwords on every site).  I'd like 2-factor enabled on this website.  What the heck is going on Roll20?
Ditto.  Was just alerted that the password I used for this site was found in a data breach.  The time for MFA has long since come.  Please do this.  Thankfully the password is only used on this site.
Still not available??? Come on.
This suggestion has recently passed its 7-years mark, judging by the comments at the very beginning of this thread. A perfect age for brandy. Maybe not so much for an IT-ticket. 
Also got a notification that my account was part of a data breach. Lets get that 2FA!
Please add MFA before you have serious data breach and it then becomes the only thing you're working on. Better to prevent the compromise of your customers personally identifiable information on your own terms, than lose control of the agenda in the wake of a breach.