Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Diamond-shaped tiles, and custom snapping.

I've been incorporating a lot of Isometric assets into my campaigns, and I'd like to know if there's an option to have the grid map arranged in Diamonds rather than Squares. If not, than I'd like to suggest that option, as it would be seemingly easy to implement. However, I am not a developer, so I don't know if that's true. Additionally... While having a diamond-shaped grid is a good starting point, the option to choose where on your assets actually count as "boxed" would be welcome. As things are now, the pictures you import are snapped to the center of the nearest grid. I'd like to be able to snap them to the part of the square I want, without having to alt+drag each individual icon for every movement.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I doubt that any such change is planned for the grid any time soon, but you might find this page helpful for isometric gaming resources, tips and methods.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
For your suggestions, Roll20 offers the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community.   Check out the Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and the Posting to Suggestions & Ideas section of the Code of Conduct .
Hi Jacob, I went ahead and moved this thread to our  Suggestions & Ideas  forum. Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .