Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WebRTC not available in settings tab

Edited 1550339012
I'm in my first Roll20 game and got the warning to switch to Webrtc but the option to switch to that is not in my settings tab like the wiki says Here is what I see below. I'm using Google Chrome on a Mac. Is there some other setting somewhere? The "Chat Tech" drop down pic list is missing from mine (along with other options) thanks for the help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you show the whole panel? The option to turn it on is not next to the options dropdowns. Also, are you the GM/creator of the game? Players cannot turn chat tech on and off, only their decision to broadcast and receive.

Edited 1550351400
keithcurtis said: Can you show the whole panel? The option to turn it on is not next to the options dropdowns. Also, are you the GM/creator of the game? Players cannot turn chat tech on and off, only their decision to broadcast and receive. I'm a player. So you are saying the GM needs to change the type to WebRTC in their settings? Tried to put in another screenshot, but the forum does not seem to want to take image.
Hi DougB, There are currently two WebRTC engines available on the Virtual Tabletop used to facilitate voice and video chat.  It appears that your game is set to use the older engine, which we have left in place as a Legacy option; however, the newer version is generally more stable, and so we recommend using the newer version with a chat message if we detect you are using the Legacy version. As Keith mentioned above, only the GM of a game can change this option; it will not appear if you are a player in the game.  The setting applies to all players in that game, so no action is required by you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! - Jeff
Jeff L. said: Hi DougB, There are currently two WebRTC engines available on the Virtual Tabletop used to facilitate voice and video chat.  It appears that your game is set to use the older engine, which we have left in place as a Legacy option; however, the newer version is generally more stable, and so we recommend using the newer version with a chat message if we detect you are using the Legacy version. As Keith mentioned above, only the GM of a game can change this option; it will not appear if you are a player in the game.  The setting applies to all players in that game, so no action is required by you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! - Jeff Just to be clear so I know what to tell the GM, is the global settings for the game in the same place for him as it would be for me? (so I can tell him where to go). thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The settings are in that last tab on the right while you are logged into the game (same place you took your screen shot). Yes, you would need to tell him to choose Roll20 WebRTC, not the Legacy, which has been deprecated.