Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[CWOD V20] Official Bugs & Feedback

Edited 1556813019
Rin Vindor
Sheet Author
Ok folks since I'm the one actively developing this after its been untouched for 5 years, I'm making this thread to let the old one which was just to notify folks to make a backup for the massive update the sheet received. If you wish to give more indepth detail, message me privately and I'll invite you to my Discord. Please be sure to let me know if there are issues that pop up that you notice. I look forward to improving the sheet for all of us! Known Issues - Movement category doesn't have 0s for defaults for Celerity and Misc, causing them to not read properly, fixed by filling in a 0 or any number. Issue will be patched on next update. Latest Version 1.1.0 - April 29th, 2019 [Accepted] 1.1.0  April 29th, 2019 New Features - Removed the smaller Notes section below Health as it was a redundant feature (sorry for those who might have lost a little info) seeing as there is a bigger whole tab for notes. Replaced with a much more needed Movement tracker that tells a player how far they can move per action. This was highly requested via Discord feedback. - Added a scroll bar for Rituals for those who wanna spare the time of folks having to hunt the whole text down. It also includes a page and book number spot below that for easy references! - Added a Roll option for Backgrounds because of the number of homebrew rules that utilize that as a mechanic for things like Influence rolls. - Added a Send To drop down bar in the Blood Sorcery, Backgrounds, and the Dice sections, this master drop down bar will now control where your rolls are sent to. This was requested in place of 4 buttons for every roll which also improves the look of the sheets as well! Less clutter! Note: Sorry about the change it can be a little annoying as this resets rolls for folks but I'm sure out of all the things to have an issue this is a minor one plus we can actually read what we're filling out! (Sorry about the clutter in the last update <3 ) - Disciplines Tab has been expanded to allow for even more custom Combination Disciplines like the ones I've written personally for the Storyteller's Vault which require more items. - The Blood Sorcery Tab has been given a makeover . The big changes include room for not just 1 type of Sorcery, I felt 3 was sufficient but if folks ask I can always add a repeating option here instead. Paths got expanded to 12 as some NPCs in canon material are pretty close to 9 already (granted they're Methuselahs mostly), this should give more room, if folks really want it, I can just make a repeating section here as well. Rituals are where the tab got a big upgrade. The Ritual now has options covering every mechanic introduced in V20 from Attributes/Ability casting to Willpower (both Permanent and Temporary) casting. The roller includes Difficulty and a Book and Page section for easy looking up and factors Wound Penalties if desired. - Most instances of Dots being displayed have been changed for a cleaner look rather than accuracy to the original character sheets - Temporary Willpower, Permanent Willpower, and all 3 Virtue Rollers have been altered as well to remove the popup box for Difficulty and instead have a box to change the difficulty. Bug Fixes - Fixed Attributes Boost in Dice Roll section does not register in dice rolls - Fixed Modifier in Main Dice Pool is not registering - Fixed Initiative Tracker not rolling properly and adding to tracker 1.0.0  February 17th, 2019 Bug Fixes - Fixed the issue with Main Dice Pool rolls not having attributes properly named. - Fixed the issue with the Vinculum section putting the To Target and To Me sections to 10 if the user chose 3 or higher as the rating.
Hey, I'm still having troubles with Main Dice Pools =/ Can you help me? No attribute was found for @{KETT|rollTitle} No attribute was found for @{KETT|attributeRoll No attribute was found for @{KETT|abilityRoll} No attribute was found for @{KETT|disciplineRoll}
Nice! I really appreciate all the work you've put into these sheets! They're incredibly helpful!
merlin s. said: Hey, I'm still having troubles with Main Dice Pools =/ Can you help me? No attribute was found for @{KETT|rollTitle} No attribute was found for @{KETT|attributeRoll No attribute was found for @{KETT|abilityRoll} No attribute was found for @{KETT|disciplineRoll} The update has already been pushed through, its just waiting on Roll20's team to accept the update. They do that once a week, just keep checking back :) Morgan A. said: Nice! I really appreciate all the work you've put into these sheets! They're incredibly helpful! I try and I am glad you like it! Let me know if there are any areas you have ideas for, I'm very open to community input!
Hey Rin. Big fan of your V20 character sheets. They're much more visually appealing, detailed, on top of being far faster than the last version. I'm having an issue that I can't locate. I originally created my v20 game a year ago, and each of my character's sheets were updated. Since then, we cannot use the dice roller because we have rogue modifiers appearing. For no reason at all, one of my players is receiving +3 dice to all his rolls, another is receiving a +1, and another is completely unaffected. New character sheets generated do not share this issue, but occasionally a roll gains a modifier for some reason we cannot discern.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Nathan B. said: I'm having an issue that I can't locate. I originally created my v20 game a year ago, and each of my character's sheets were updated. Since then, we cannot use the dice roller because we have rogue modifiers appearing. For no reason at all, one of my players is receiving +3 dice to all his rolls, another is receiving a +1, and another is completely unaffected. New character sheets generated do not share this issue, but occasionally a roll gains a modifier for some reason we cannot discern. With the roll that you notice the extra modifiers, look up the macro(by pressing up  key after rolling it, the macro code should appear in the users chatbox). Then look up every value the macro calls and see if there is some odd bonus that shouldn't exist. It also helps to note with rolls/skills this have occured with, and if this can be repeated. By looking at these things, and trying to find the rogue attributes responsible, you should be able to hunt down the problem. And if this was consistent with the two afflicted players, look on both sheet in the Attribute section for a stat with the offending value. Then coss reference attribute names  between them and you could narrow the suspect considerably. If you find the cause of this rogue "global modifier", report back here.
Yes as Andreas said if you can find the macro I can help sort this out for you! :)  As before I'm still tinkering to get some things like Initiative working how I want along with some other requested features. I'm just glad its coming together finally. I've had this urge for about 3 years now to do this :P
 Hello! I really love your work on this sheet, both the mechanical and storytelling tabs have done a lot to add to the experience, I truly appreciate the detail I can now add to characters and their backstories. I'm running for a small group of three, and since I've scheduled our game this Saturday, I feel like I'd be remiss to not ask when these new bugfixes are expected to roll out to the public, because we've encountered the weirdness with the Dice tab and would welcome a fix for those issues. Thanks in advance!
zharthon said:  Hello! I really love your work on this sheet, both the mechanical and storytelling tabs have done a lot to add to the experience, I truly appreciate the detail I can now add to characters and their backstories. I'm running for a small group of three, and since I've scheduled our game this Saturday, I feel like I'd be remiss to not ask when these new bugfixes are expected to roll out to the public, because we've encountered the weirdness with the Dice tab and would welcome a fix for those issues. Thanks in advance! I appreciate the love! I've been working on fixing those kinks and they're all finished I'm currently wrapping up some expansions for the Blood Sorcery section and another few bits of quality of life improvement, its gonna be a big update that will add more to the sheet (without the first major update's issue of removing a 99% of the player data :P) I'd say in the next week or so the update should be out. Just depends on this last bit as to when the update rolls out :) that and of course when they accept my pushed update into the sheet.
Hey guys just wanted to give you a sneak peek as to what I'm working on thanks to the help of one of my friends and the help of the far more skilled sheet authors on Roll20!  I'll be looking for feedback on this large update, thankfully I've made sure this update would be as easy to transition to and shouldn't remove any player data and cleans up the UI a lot in general which was the main feedback I had gotten from folks. Among other things we've also fixed some things such as the known spelling errors that we've caught, as well as fixed a number of dice section issues.
I hope everyone enjoys the new big update! Please do leave me feedback and I'll try and get to it, also feel free to message me privately and I can give you my Discord where I am much more actively monitoring feedback from users.