Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Teleporter Script, Players when moving from "MapA" to "MapB" cannot see anything.

When one of my players tries to move from map A to Map B, every single motion occurs correctly, except it doesn't create a separate token (on the Page Toolbar) for them to move. EX: <a href="https://gyazo.com/43c55b8db6727da3375a426d19026f6f" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/43c55b8db6727da3375a426d19026f6f</a> &nbsp; As you can see one of my players, it has successfully moved him from Maptest1 to Maptest2, and he can maneuver around freely in the new zone. However I have a second player&nbsp; <a href="https://gyazo.com/3417bfe09f08df39015a9bce8c2667b4" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/3417bfe09f08df39015a9bce8c2667b4</a> &nbsp; who isn't getting this separate token. Can anyone who is familiar with this script help me out here? I'm a bit lost on how to fix this.

Edited 1551155938
I had a third player try it, and it doesn't work for him either. it seems to only be working with one player max. Whenever I have more than one player try it, it doesn't create those tokens on the page toolbar, and they do not move to another map.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you link to the script you’re using?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4474921/script-map-teleporters-automatic-teleporters-that-can-move-players-between-maps" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4474921/script-map-teleporters-automatic-teleporters-that-can-move-players-between-maps</a>
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Does the player for whom it works have a token you uploaded and the players for whom it fails have tokens from a marketplace set or module?
yes.. thatsa good point. The players who it has worked for so far have been from personally uploaded tokens. the ones that aren't working are marketplace modules. Is that something I can fix?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only real way to fix it is for the players with the module tokens to download the image (select the token, press 'z', right click the resulting image and 'save as') and then upload it for use in the game.
@Ziechael That seems to work!.. for... most of my guys... one guy is still not able to load in with his own guy. Is there a cap to how many people? D:
Okay, for TWO people this does not work. Despite uploading the token myself. I even tried totally new tokens I uploaded, still to no avail.&nbsp;
Update Again: I had them try out previously tested tokens that worked with other people. It did not work for them, so it appears that it's not creating a token for their account specifically, and not the token itself. Any ideas on how this could be fixed?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Very strange...&nbsp; So, looking at the code, it does not create tokens at all.&nbsp; It has this comment: // Handle inter-page teleports by searching for graphic token // on destination page with same name as teleporting token and then code that searches for all the graphics on the new page with the same name as the token that stepped on the teleport pad.&nbsp; If it doesn't find one, it doesn't do anything.&nbsp; If it finds one, it moves the token to the destination teleport pad, moves it to the objects layer and then teleports the player.&nbsp; HOWEVER, it only moves the player if they are the only controller on the character.&nbsp; So, things to check: Is there already a token on the destination page for the character in question? Do that token and the token that was moved on the source page have the same exact name? Does the character only have one specific player on the controlled by line of the character?

Edited 1551293745
Hmm.. I'll answer in response and I think I said it poorly cuz the issue isn't a character token not working, but the individual player not being moved to another map. 1. Yes 2. Yes 3. That may not be the case. On that particular map? Yes, but that token across the 50 or 60 maps I have atm in this campaign, maybe not. Might have been a time where I needed other players to control that token. I'd have to double check every page to see. (Side note however, I have made a new token, like a bookshelf that I uploaded. Gave One of the players control, did the whole motions, but it still did not seem to properly transfer that player to the new map.)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Right. The sailient points are: Players will only be moved from the map they are on to the map the teleport leads to if: There is a character associated with the token.&nbsp; The character only has one player assigned as a controlled by. Note that it is the controlling player that is moved, not the player that moves the token. In general, that will be the same person (only the controlling player can move the token, or a GM). Specifically, the API has no way of knowing who moves a token, so the script author chose this method for determining who to move.&nbsp;
Hmm...&nbsp; That's inconvenient.&nbsp; I may implement something similar to what CashMaster uses then to set default owners.&nbsp; At my table, each player brings their laptop to have their own view, but then I have an overall view that I pilot (so they don't see DM things) that can see all their characters.

Edited 1551492394
GM Michael
API Scripter
Well, I did it, plus some upgrades!&nbsp; (see below for details) I'll probably divorce it from CM in the future because it kinda assumes you only have one token, but for now it works for me at least, and devising a good overall solution isn't trivial because you could have any of the below and a user can only actually see one map at a time. players covering missing players familiars, mounts, or other secondary controlled tokens an overall display of all players together like I have If anyone has an idea for how to manage tokens on multiple pages, let me know.&nbsp; Best I've thought of is giving each player a macro button that lets them pick between their "active" token locations.&nbsp; Then you'd need another one for the GM to set tokens as active ones in the event people get moved or go to a new map or something. = SETUP = 0. Have CashMaster installed and have each player select their primary token and run this command: !cm -sc Yes 1. Create a token named "Teleporter_[group id]_[node id]_[target node options]" - Group Id: an alphanumeric string such as "01" or "Group1". NO SPACES! - Node Id: an alphanumeric string such as "01" or "Node1". NO SPACES! - Target Node Options: a comma-delimited string of node IDs such as "01" or "01,02,Node3" 2. Move the token to the GM Layer 3. Create a corresponding portal that has a node ID that was in the previous target node list. - One-way portals can be made by not declaring a target list on the destination such as... SOURCE: "Teleporter_OneWay01_01_02" DESTINATION: "Teleporter_OneWay01_02" - Two-way portals can be made by simply having the destination have the source as a target. SOURCE: "Teleporter_TwoWayGroup_Node1_Node2" DESTINATION: "Teleporter_TwoWayGroup_Node2_Node1" 4. If these portals are not on the same page, make sure there is another player token on the destination page. = USE = GENERAL: Have the user move their token into the field of the portal. PAGES: If they destination portal is on the same page, the token will just be moved. If a different page, the user will be moved to the other page and will gain control of the token there. Their old token will then be moved to the GM layer. RANDOM NODES: If you have a node with a target list, one of them will be chosen at random to be the target node each time a token lands on the portal. CONVERGENCE: It is possible to have multiple nodes in a group point to the same destination node. = IMPROVEMENTS = While FinalFrog's initial coding was useful, I've added a few more features... - CM Integration: while a proper full solution is liable to occur eventually, until then, I've made the script run on CM's default character system (see Step 0 above). This allows you to have multiple players controlling multiple tokens. Only when your primary character token is moved to a different page will you follow. As CM allows you to rebind your primary token, you can always adapt on the fly. - Overlap Coverage: the old code had a bug where when player A went through a portal to another page, their now-GM-layer token would jam up the collision detection logic and block future players from going through the portal through the same square. - Regex: The original version did not support human-readable names. Github Gist

Edited 1551479709
I'm sorry, but I am slightly confused as to your posts @michael G.&nbsp; Do you also have a mod that does a similar thing? Or are you the owner of said mod? o_o
Actually I think I do understand now that I re-read it again, but is there another script out there that performs what finalfrog is doing? If so, do you perhaps have the link for it? :D

Edited 1551502617
GM Michael
API Scripter
I suppose I wasn't super clear, sorry.&nbsp; Allow me to clarify... Upon seeing FinalFrog's script, I really liked the idea, but knew the implementation wouldn't work at my table.&nbsp; Then, this morning I got bored, so I forked FinalFrog's script and made updates to it so it's more user-friendly.&nbsp; The user guide to my version is in the previous post and the source is linked at the bottom of it.&nbsp; It has CashMaster as a dependency. But no, I am not aware of any other scripts that handle map-stitching more effectively than mine.&nbsp; I personally really like to have large, high-quality maps, but that forces me to spread them out onto multiple pages.&nbsp; FinalFrog's script is great for same-page teleportation, but due to the collision bug with previously teleported tokens, it's not great for page-stitching, which is what my updates were focused on. It's still not perfect.&nbsp; For instance, there's still an issue with &gt;1 unit tokens teleporting between maps and I'd like to remove the dependency on CM eventually, plus the aforementioned dropdown list.
Interesting! I'll give it a try! Thanks for randomly deciding to give it a go haha&nbsp;