Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forbidden Lands sheet beta

The mechanic is that all dice d6-d12 count as 1. That's the advantage to having them carried as consumables vs units. To go into more detail just for context, you can carry/find units of consumables which count as a normal item. (they might be hauled on a mount or something) 1 Unit of consumable bumps the die a tier up to d12. A player can also bump their consumable down a tier to create a unit to give another player or sell or store or whatever. In the meantime, I'm doing just like you suggested - adding the present consumables as gear lines. Once again sheet rocks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@TheBWT Thank you for the clarification.  I'll add your suggestion to include consumables into the encumbrance calculations.  Thoughts; I'm picturing a "Carry" drop-down selector next each consumable with 3 options, same as the option used for weapons.  1. "Yes" (weight is tracked as character gear), 2. "No" (weight is not tracked. Consumable could have been dropped, carried by another pc/npc/mount etc. ), or 3. "Mount" (weight is tracked on mount).  BTW: I'm considering adding a repeating row for consumables if this would be needed/beneficial...?  Thoughts?
A repeating row for consumables would be nice, though depending on play style not needed. I could see the benefit of keeping track of arrows, as well as crossbow bolts or stones for the sling, on separate rows. The "carry" selector even more useful even though we've managed so far.  Still, great ideas.
Vince said: @TheBWT Thoughts; I'm picturing a "Carry" drop-down selector next each consumable with 3 options, same as the option used for weapons.  1. "Yes" (weight is tracked as character gear), 2. "No" (weight is not tracked. Consumable could have been dropped, carried by another pc/npc/mount etc. ), or 3. "Mount" (weight is tracked on mount).  Interesting choice! So by the system, consumables on mounts and such are tracked as units - though I could see house rules to say the consumable group is tracked elsewhere (like a mount). I imagine less sadistic GMs would enjoy the option 😊. Vince said: BTW: I'm considering adding a repeating row for consumables if this would be needed/beneficial...?  Thoughts? The core system only has those specific consumables but I've seen other's add their own as house rules. I really like the look and feel of what you've got and I'd be sad to see the icons for the existing ones go.

Edited 1580111954
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.6 update  #5820 - added an attribute for 'willpower_max'. Now you track willpower using a linked token bar. - small updates to roll templates; removed whitespace for empty elements, adjusted the show/hide logic to better work with custom macros. (Calle) - updated the Reputation roll to use Age + Reputation. - spells now roll Base dice(was rolling Gear dice) and Total WP is now displayed in the roll template. - fixed monster strength vs pc/npc strength incompatibilities. (Thanks GiGs!) - added columns for misc attack and damage bonuses, skill total, attack total, and damage total. - added artifact dice (d8, d8, d10, d12) to weapons, armor, and shield that will be added to the dice pool. - added an expandable 2nd row to weapons, armor, and shield to show/hide additional attributes.
Hi! So, didn't have time to play around with the beta as much this time over. Now, when playing, we realize the skill attribute must have been altered. All sheets got their strenght stat set to 0 and it's not easy to rewrite them. Takes a number of closing and opening the sheet and it still works a bit... iffy. The strenght stat doesn't transfer to the weapons either and the encumbrance seem totally screwed, with more than 800 in total encumberance for a few of my players. I think the sheet is in need of an overhaul. :)

Edited 1580539419
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There must be an issue with the way the strength_pc and strength_monster changes are being detected/not detected by the sheetworkers.  At work...  I will dig into it tonight I get it solved ASAP.  Very sorry.  Thank you for posting Calle

Edited 1580571698
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E. said: Hi! So, didn't have time to play around with the beta as much this time over. Now, when playing, we realize the skill attribute must have been altered. All sheets got their strenght stat set to 0 and it's not easy to rewrite them. Takes a number of closing and opening the sheet and it still works a bit... iffy. The strenght stat doesn't transfer to the weapons either and the encumbrance seem totally screwed, with more than 800 in total encumberance for a few of my players. I think the sheet is in need of an overhaul. :) Started looking at these issues last night.  I made an error on part of the repeating sum portion of the sheetworker that is causing encumbrance to wig out.  Easily rectified. I've also found my oversight with strength_pc vs strength_monster using strength to auto-magically update either based on the type character(pc/monster) which causes existing Strength to reset to "0".  I'm (w/heavy assistance) still working on the best solution for that.  Temp workaround is to re-enter a value for strength and toggle between character/monster to trigger.  I know PITA...  I'll get this fixed ASAP. (working today, but I'll post back my progress tonght) You mentioned that weapons weren't getting their strength dice; can you verify that this is only an issue if the strength is at "0"?  Thanks Calle
Lots of tech things in there I don't understand but it sounds... good? The melee weapons doesn't seem to get either attribute or skill dice first time I open the sheet. After rectify the strength attribute, I still have to change "type" to ranged and then back to melee in order to get the sheet getting the numbers. For ranged weapons, they get the agility attribute but not the marksmanship skill dice until I do the same manouver. When creating a new character, after assigning apropriate attributes and skills, I need to do the same manouver for "type" in order for it to get the attribute and skill dices. Seems you have to do that when adding a new weapon since the weapons don't fetch the stats until you actively declare what type of weapon it is. (Pre selected is melee in the drop down list) Can be, since that part of the sheet is modified/new, even if the weapons was there before it acts if it is new weapons added? After correcting these numbers, they are presented correct next time I open the sheet.
Also, Armor rating is not working properly. When adjusting a number on the AR, and then clicking any where else, the numbers are reduced to 0. Armor doesn't seem to work...
And the "misc" option, on the shields and armor, generates a gear dice, not a skill dice. My interpretation of the rules is that modifications are made out of skill dices. We'll keep the feedback coming as we go along. (We're playing at the moment...)
So, my dwarf fighter is trying to use his axe. When pressing "attack" he gets his attribute and skill dice AND the +1D8 för his talents. He does not, however, get his +1D6 (misc dice on the weapons) from the talent. The dice pool doesn't build as supposed.
So, finished with todays session. Regarding AR, have found out that AR is functioning ok, as long as you start by adjusting "max" and then adjust "AR". Othervise AR will be seet to the "max" number. (This, however, is not the same as for weapons where it's possible to have a higher number than "max" in "bonus".) Sorry for crying out when not needed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No need to apologize for finding issues.  That's my job. ;) I'm working on getting the issues worked out before tomorrow's scheduled pulls.  Thank you for the feedback.

Edited 1580680223
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E. said: And the "misc" option, on the shields and armor, generates a gear dice, not a skill dice. My interpretation of the rules is that modifications are made out of skill dices. We'll keep the feedback coming as we go along. (We're playing at the moment...) I think I assumed that gear bonuses would be gear dice.  Not sure where bonuses for armor/helmet would actually come from? Maybe the Smith and Tanner talents?  Any spells that effect armor?  I suppose that one could simply adjust the AR and AR max to account for those types of modifiers and the misc would represent Skill modifiers.  I'll change the misc field to modify the Skill dice.  

Edited 1580700352
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Calle E.  said: Lots of tech things in there I don't understand but it sounds... good? The melee weapons doesn't seem to get either attribute or skill dice first time I open the sheet. After rectify the strength attribute, I still have to change "type" to ranged and then back to melee in order to get the sheet getting the numbers. For ranged weapons, they get the agility attribute but not the marksmanship skill dice until I do the same manouver. When creating a new character, after assigning apropriate attributes and skills, I need to do the same manouver for "type" in order for it to get the attribute and skill dices. Seems you have to do that when adding a new weapon since the weapons don't fetch the stats until you actively declare what type of weapon it is. (Pre selected is melee in the drop down list) Can be, since that part of the sheet is modified/new, even if the weapons was there before it acts if it is new weapons added? After correcting these numbers, they are presented correct next time I open the sheet.  I was missing an event listener that recalculates the repeating row attributes when a weapon is added or changed.  This will be fixed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.61 update #5834 fixed strength bug that reset strength to "0" for previously created characters. fixed encumbrance calculation bug introduced in last update. added event listener to repeating weapons to recalc attributes when added/changed. refinements to the roll template. coming soon; 1. Change armor/shield Misc modifier to adjust Skill dice instead of Gear dice. 2. Skills will get a Misc field and artifact dice.
Vince said: Calle E. said: And the "misc" option, on the shields and armor, generates a gear dice, not a skill dice. My interpretation of the rules is that modifications are made out of skill dices. We'll keep the feedback coming as we go along. (We're playing at the moment...) I think I assumed that gear bonuses would be gear dice.  Not sure where bonuses for armor/helmet would actually come from? Maybe the Smith and Tanner talents?  Any spells that effect armor?  I suppose that one could simply adjust the AR and AR max to account for those types of modifiers and the misc would represent Skill modifiers.  I'll change the misc field to modify the Skill dice.   Well, actually, this was primarily an issue with shields, since they can be affected by talents, and when roll is puched, should not risk damage the shield, which a gear dice could. 
The misc values should almost certainly be skill dice - as they are to present extra dice without drawback. If gear has an improved gear score (say through crafting with talents) that would simply be augmented by the gear value. Vince, the sheet is awesome btw. We start our campaign next week and my players really do love it as an interface to the system.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you.  Changing the misc to skill is my next sheet adjustment.  Shooting for next week, but I need to deal with some real-life issues first...

Edited 1582524978
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.62 update # 5893  -  Added the 'IM Fell English' webfont to better match Forbidden Lands style.  -  Updated all image links to point to the images located on roll20's github repo. Should help prevent any weird broken image issues.  -  Updated Armor and Shield Misc modifier to adjust Skill dice, (not Gear dice).  -  Fixed negative skill dice bug.  -  updated shield shove/parry roll template.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.63 update # 5907  - Added a toggleable 2nd row to each skill.  - Added Artifact dice, Misc Skill modifier, and Notes to each skill.  - Updated the roll template for skill rolls.  - Added Misc Skill modifier to strength-based monster skills.  - Visual enhancement; reduced the opacity of damage skulls that are beyond the character's max value.

Edited 1583442075
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It was brought to my attention(thank you Spat) there's an error with shield shove/parry rolls: Bug : dice pool erroneously includes the attribute dice as gear dice. Temp workaround :  You can manually adjust your pool before rolling.  Fix will be released in next update.  (usually live Tue evening).  Or you can grab my latest fixed code for Pro/custom games if you want it now. html , css , trans . Sorry about that. ;-(

Edited 1583739881
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.64 update  #5927 Bug fix: shield shove/parry rolls were erroneously including strength as gear dice. Optimized the css that reduces the opacity of damage skulls above the attribute's max value. Purely cosmetic.

Edited 1584947498
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This came up on the Free League forums, so I thought I should post it here as well since it's relevant to the sheet. One of my players found the book of knowledge from the Eye of the Rose site, which adds +2 gear dice and a d8 to lore rolls.  Is there any way to do that? I'm thinking I need to add a "Misc Gear" modifier to skills.  I'll look into making that change... Until that happens, here's a couple of options; 1. Like all preset buttons on the sheet, you can always manually adjust your dice pool before you hit the "Roll" button. 2. You can "hack" the Lore notes field by adding; lore notes...}} {{gear-die-one=[[ 1 ]] }} {{gear-roll-one=[[1d6]] }} {{gear-die-two=[[ 1 ]] }} {{gear-roll-two=[[1d6]] copy/paste the code above into the Lore notes field.  This allows for you to still enter notes if desired(you can remove "Lore notes", but you must keep "}}" to allow the 2 gear dice.)  Although you won't see the gear dice reflected in the dice pool when you push the Lore skill, they will be included when you make the roll.
Thanks a lot for this sheet! My group is transferring to roll20 for the duration of the outbreak, and this will be a great help. I saw there were plans for translations. I'd love to have the sheet in Swedish, and I can help out if that's needed.

Edited 1585068250
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Welcome Magnus, the sheet already includes all the code for translations.  I can provide you with a copy of the sv.json file for editing.  This is just a simple text file with the English(key) on the left and it's proper translation(value) on the right.  I can also set up a test game/environment where you can view your translations "in game" in order to make any adjustments if necessary.  Once you are happy with your translation, I can include it with the weekly updates on roll20's github repository which usually go live on Tue/Wed.  I can send you a PM with the details if you are interested.  I've helped with the translations on a handful of other character sheets and it's a fairly painless experience.  Love your podcast BTW! (if that's you..?) ;-)
Sure, that sounds like something I can figure out! I've done some translation work before and I can figure out how to edit the file. And I have access to both the English and Swedish language core books. So PM ahead! :) (Oh, and I don't have a podcast. I'm a writer.)
Hello Vince! I am in the same group as Magnus, I also want to thank you for your sheet. It is awesome. One question though, could you perhaps make it possible to have over 6 in attributes?

Edited 1585082579
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magnus H. said: Sure, that sounds like something I can figure out! I've done some translation work before and I can figure out how to edit the file. And I have access to both the English and Swedish language core books. So PM ahead! :) (Oh, and I don't have a podcast. I'm a writer.) Great. I'll send you a message.  I knew you were somebody.  ;-)

Edited 1585088614
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Henrik K. said: Hello Vince! I am in the same group as Magnus, I also want to thank you for your sheet. It is awesome. One question though, could you perhaps make it possible to have over 6 in attributes? Thank you for the compliments. I believe this could be done...  Are you thinking of a set number of additional attributes?  Any examples?  Most importantly, how do you see the additional attributes being utilized throughout the sheet?  The answer to the last question allows me to better assess how difficult it would be to implement.  Work vs benefit so to say.  Cheers Edit : lol. I just noticed you were asking if the attributes value could be higher than 6.  Let me ponder the implications of increasing attributes beyond 6.

Edited 1585120621
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: I'm working on adding a "Misc Gear" modifier for Skills.  Hopefully I'll be able to get this completed before next week's pulls, otherwise you can manually adjust your skill dice pool as needed, or hack the skill's notes as noted above ( reference post )... EDIT: you can test this in the beta game.
Yea, Sorry for not being clear. As you noted I meant having for example the value 7 in Strength, not having an extra attribute of another sort. Perhaps a Misc value could be added to attributes as well? If not, it is fine. I am sure that there are not many people that have the same unique situation that my character is in, I am sure I can keep count myself. Thank you again.

Edited 1585120533
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Henrik actually, you can e nter a higher attribute value than "6".  While using the input field's spinner(up/down arrows) it's set for max="6", but if you double-click in the attribute's field and enter a number directly, it will stick and you'll see it reflected throughout the sheet where applicable.  I haven't tested to see if it causes any issues...  One drawback is that the damage skulls used to track attribute damage are currently only set for 6 skulls, so you just have to pay a little more attention as you take attribute damage. I'll see what I can do about possibly adding additional skulls, and I like the idea of maybe adding a Misc mod as well.  I've been meaning to make the Attribute's rollable so that a GM could call for a simple Strength roll or any attribute.
Awesome Vince! Thank's for the info!

Edited 1585562864
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.65 update  #6053  - Added Misc Gear modifier to Skills.  - All Attributes are now "rollable".  - Fixed missing whisper option for notes rolls.  - Replaced the repeating row text "+Add" and "Modify" with simple icons.    (screenshot below was before I made the update)  - Swedish translations have been added. Thank you Magnus M.
Awesome, and thanks for the effort you put into make sure the translation worked out nicely! If any Swedes notice odd phrasings, let us know. I'm sure there will be minor fixes needed. :)

Edited 1585619492
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Apologies to all, it appears I made a mistake in the pull request last night and the latest sheet's updates will not happen until next week.&nbsp; ;-( Very sorry. new pull submitted&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/6060" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/6060</a>
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vince said: it appears I made a mistake in the pull request last night and the latest sheet's updates will not happen until next week. As I mentioned more than once, we don't know that yet, but it's possible. We should get a clarification later today.
I filed a bug in the github, but I don't know if y'all look there. Is there a way you could add weapon attacks to the monster page? Undead and animals use the regular weapon rules rather than the "Monster Attack" rules so it would be nice to use the same monster sheet for them then having to have full character sheets for "Skeleton."

Edited 1586554696
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Andrew, I can see the benefit in that.&nbsp; I'll see what I can do about showing the attacks on the Monster tab as well.&nbsp; Thanks for the suggestion.
Vince, I was writing a token macro to speed up combat a bit for my archer. Basically I’m rolling for combat and arrow resource usage with one button click. My question is whether it is possible to write a macro for what the “update dice pool” buttons do? That way I could write separate macros for a players bow attack and a melee attack. Right now all I can do is roll based on what was previous selected for the dice pool. thanks in advance, Michael

Edited 1586634765
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Michael, Pushing a given sheet button triggers the sheet's sheetworker script to calculate all the appropriate dice for the pool.&nbsp; Unfortunately, macros are read-only unless you include an API script (disclaimer: API scripts are a Pro feature), but I don't believe even an API script can simulate pushing a button on a sheet. ;-( I haven't actually tried this but I believe you could use the chatsetattr script to "dynamically" load the dice pool using a macro.&nbsp; If you are trying to emulate the sheet's button presets and not just load the total dice by type, you would need to grab all the necessary attribute values for the macro calculations as well. Not sure if chatsetattr can take a query, but that might be a handy option...&nbsp; Then use the sheet's built-in roller or the api roller by pressing the "Roll" button. These are the attributes that are used in the sheet's dice pool. Attribute: @{selected|attribute} Skill: @{selected|skill} Gear: @{selected|gear} Mighty: @{selected|artifact_die_ocho} Mighty: @{selected|artifact_die_eight} Epic: @{selected|artifact_die_ten} Legendary: @{selected|artifact_die_twelve} If I get a little time today, I'll play around with chatsetattr and see what's possible. example to set attribute, skill, and gear dice for the pool using a query; !setattr --sel --attribute|?{attribute/base dice?|0} --skill|?{skill dice?|0} --gear|?{gear dice?|0} Cheers
Thank you.&nbsp; I’ll see if I can get what I want with what you gave me to work with as well. Need to hunt down chatsetattr. And yes, I’ve been using the API dice roller. It’s been super handy for my players. Hoping to make it easier on them still.&nbsp; Cheers, Michael &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
ChatsetAttr is available from the game's API settings as a one-click install.

Edited 1586723024
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.66 update submitted&nbsp; #6173 Increased the range of each d66 dice to allow for custom rolls 0-100(normally, each d6 allows 1-6). While this does not affect the d66 roll on the sheet, it does allow more flexibility for custom macros if desired. d100 Roll macro example; @{selected|whisper_option} &amp;amp;{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=D100 Roll}} {{d66-die-one=[[ 1 ]] }} {{d66-roll-one=[[ 1d10-1 ]] }} {{d66-die-two=[[ 1 ]] }} {{d66-roll-two=[[ 1d10-1 ]] }} Fixed the translation list ordering for Skills and Stockpile. updated other translation files to match the latest translation.json
So, The new features works beautifully. Thanks a lot for all the good work. One detail though. Since the last update, the text in the template after rolling for consumables says to adjust the dice manually after rolling a "1". Earlier this read after a "1" or "2", which is according to RAW. (At least in the Swedish print). I found this running the game with the character sheet in swedish. Hasen't tried this on an english setting.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Calle.&nbsp; Should be 1 or 2.&nbsp; Probably got lost in translation.&nbsp; I'll have a look tonight and fix.&nbsp; Cheers&nbsp;
d100 dice roller works great!!
Oops, my mistake. Should be sorted now for next update.